Sign in to follow this  
The_Raptor

Fav Assault Rifles

My favorite assault rifle is the AKMS.

I own an AKMS, SVD Dragunov, and I have an inoperative AK-47 in the display case.

I live in Toronto, but there aren't any real laws against owning AKs.

We don't have any solid ties with NATO. Since they don't even consider us our own country.

ive shot my grandfathers ak47 and he lives in the us. But he was in the CIA and got all this cool shit in vietnam. But i voted for g36

FA-MAS! and IMI Tavor!

ofp NEEDS an fa-mas. I'm tires of playing the original MGS.

The AR15 is basically an M16 with minor differences.

I hear the AR15 is still used by the CIA for some reason.

Even though the M16 is an improvement of the AR15.

Maybe the CIA is cheap? or maybe the civilian AR-15 works better with .223 ammo?

I have shot the C7A1 which is a Canadian variation on the M-16 family, and I like it. I will be out shooting it this weekend, but with blanks though.

I voted for the G36 because of the better design. Since it vents the gas in the forearm and not in the action like other assault rifles do, making it easier to clean.

Tyler

P.S. Hey FetishFool, you live in Toronto? cool, I'm down in St.Catharines.

The C7A1 is a really nice rifle.  I don't know the techinical differences between the M16A2 and the C7A1.

I'm planning to join the Canadian army.  I'd choose to join the Canadians over the Americans because we're just easy-going.

Canadian's don't kick a soldier out of the army just for punching an officer...  But we'd kick a soldier out if he kicked a dog.

That just tells you something about our morals.

@Assault:  I actually live in Scarborough.  But since we all merged into the Mega City a while ago, I just say that I live in Toronto now.

No real difference. Ours have full-auto and theirs have 3 round burst. Ours has a flat-top upper reciever with an Elcan 3.5x scope on top. The Americans are still using the iron sights.

Im not sure if the barrels are the same. I know that ours have 1:7 rifling, the Americans *might* have 1:9 rifling. I'm not too sure.

Thats really the only differences.

I'm planning to join the Canadian army.

Reserve or Reg force? What type of work (MOC) are you going for? Infantry? Armoured? Artillery? or possibly W.O.G.?, R.E.M.F.?

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ Jan. 25 2002,05:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The AR15 is basically an M16 with minor differences.

I hear the AR15 is still used by the CIA for some reason.

Even though the M16 is an improvement of the AR15.<span id='postcolor'>

The M-16 is an AR-15, but has selective fire as a feature.

Armalite Rifle no. 15 was designed by Eugene Stoner who worked for Armalite. taken from Armalite Rifle no. 10

M-16 became its designation because the military does not use company names due to contract altercations/switching. M-15 was already designated to a landmine.

I'm going to join the reserves.

I'm pretty sure that they assign you your work in the reserves by testing.

The C7A1 is less expensive than the M16. So we can afford to give the C7A1 a few gadgets by default. The M16A2 can be fitted with a full auto mechanism, or a 4x scope.

I think Canada only uses our own line of equipment because either we're not allowed to use the M16A2 as our main rifle, or we just don't want to use any american equipement on our soldiers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Jan. 25 2002,06:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No real difference. Ours have full-auto and theirs have 3 round burst. Ours has a flat-top upper reciever with an Elcan 3.5x scope on top. The Americans are still using the iron sights.

Im not sure if the barrels are the same. I know that ours have 1:7 rifling, the Americans *might* have 1:9 rifling. I'm not too sure.

Thats really the only differences.

I'm planning to join the Canadian army.

Reserve or Reg force? What type of work (MOC) are you going for? Infantry? Armoured? Artillery? or possibly W.O.G.?, R.E.M.F.?

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

The C8 and M4 are pretty much the same. both are flat top.

US special forces have all kinds of nifty gadgets to post on top of the upper receiver.

US M-16a2 and M4 have 1:7 twist rates.

I prefer the 1:9 becasue its good enough to stabalize the heavier bullets. 1:7 will wear out quicker then 1:9 twist and the 1:9 can handle light weight bullets. 1:9="jack-of-all-trades" middle ground.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ Jan. 25 2002,06:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm going to join the reserves.

The C7A1 is less expensive than the M16.  So we can afford to give the C7A1 a few gadgets by default.  The M16A2 can be fitted with a full auto mechanism, or a 4x scope.

I think Canada only uses our own line of equipment because either we're not allowed to use the M16A2 as our main rifle, or we just don't want to use any american equipement on our soldiers.<span id='postcolor'>

HaHaHaHa!!!

The parts probably all come from the same plants. tounge.gif

the G3, FN FAL, and M-14 are battle rifles, not assault rifles.

assault rifles are in the intermediate range. the .308 is a "high" power rifle cartridge. check military definition.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ Jan. 25 2002,06:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the game, i love the aug, but the question is, what the hell is the aug family?<span id='postcolor'>

Steyr AUG (army universal gun)

there are different types of AUG's including a 9mm "carbine", two differnet issue AUG's as standard rifles (one with integral scope, the other flat top), a squad automatic version with folding bipod. kind of like the RPK-74, but better since the AUG has easily removed barrels if they get too hot.

AUG's usually come with either 16 or 20 inch barrels.

i want an AUG sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ Jan. 25 2002,07:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know all about the aug, but it isnt really a "family" its just a series of variants.<span id='postcolor'>

maybe should have been the Steyr-family? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (110 @ Jan. 24 2002,13:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I think Canada only uses our own line of equipment because either we're not allowed to use the M16A2 as our main rifle, or we just don't want to use any american equipement on our soldiers.<span id='postcolor'>

HaHaHaHa!!!

The parts probably all come from the same plants.  tounge.gif

110<span id='postcolor'>

That's actually something for me to be proud of!

lol

I just hope it's true.

I'd still prefer the M16A2, though. Just for stereo-typical reasons.

If it were up to pride, then I'd take the C7A1.

On a side note, the G36 has absolutley NO reason for being in OFP.. it was not around in the time period of the OFP Scenario.

that and in the game its totally porked.. for some majic reason it shakes less than all the other weapon when ya hold it and is more accurate than EITHER sniper rifle.. BS

It's just nice to see the G36 model in OPF.

We can edit the attributes later. I think that's why BIS made such an unrealistic model of it.

They don't want us using the G36 in OPF MP.

It sometimes ruins the fun, in infantry battles.

If they gave us a Harrier model, but with A10 attributes, I'd be very happy.

That's my point.

Yes and No. You pick what you want to do. I chose infantry. I qualified for every position that the reserves offers because I did well on my aptitude test.

Different trades require different scores, a low score limits you to certain things but with a high one you can pretty much do what you choose.

I prefer the 1:9 becasue its good enough to stabalize the heavier bullets. 1:7 will wear out quicker then 1:9 twist and the 1:9 can handle light weight bullets. 1:9="jack-of-all-trades" middle ground.

I guess it depends on the weight of your bullet. I think 1:7 would work better with a 75 gr. bullet. But since I don't shoot my own .223 I can't be sure. I guess 1:9 would be better with the 62 gr bullet or even the old surplus 55gr. stuff, as you said.

Tyler

Guest Scooby

Valmets and Sakos rifles.

They combine reliability with accuracy.

FAMAS smile.gif

Funky Weapon

famas_f2.jpg

Cool airsoft model of the FAMAS:

Famas_sv_custom.jpg

Picture from this site.

And also,, the swedish Bofors AK-5 isn't bad either:

ak5c.jpg