Sign in to follow this  
black150

HALO

Copyright schmopyright! No one can put a copyright or patent on the human imagination.

Copyright schmopyright! No one can put a copyright or patent on the human imagination.

Its not the human imagination though, all the models are imported directly from Halo itself, I think we should atleast have the couresy to ask if its ok to do the mod smile_o.gif

Wildo

Hi all, just a message to say we're not gone! we've not got hunted by Microsoft for sport

Post new pics some time soon

Quote[/b] ]I'll post new pics soon

Damnit! I've already said that! Well ok, I'll post pics when I can

While I'm talking, can someone help me out here, a mod problem, ever since downloading FFUR 2006, On certain mods such as conspiracies and Invasion 1944, when I've died no YOU ARE DEAD menu comes up, and I have no way of getting off, so I have to Ctrl Alt Delete or Alt Tab out of the game and close it. It's really just crazy_o.gif

I've tried getting rid of FFUR 2006 as it caused it, but it still don't work

I know I should have put that in troubleshooting forum but I had it on the top of my mind as I was typing

Hey Black150, good to hear your still kicking.

About your question, I honestly cannot help you there. ThunderBird84 said that it is best to run FFUR on a clean OFP directory to avoid collision with other addons and such.

Ahh right, pity. At least my favourite mods still work... well... most of them, oh well it only does it with full conversion ones anyway, addons aren't a problem

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

haha i finally found a recent halo mod. i remember reading evry page from MC's one then after an hour of reading i find out it was never released crazy_o.gif

glad you guys are doing this ive been waiting so long for this moment brings a tear to my eye lol

so i remembered MC had a problem with the hog's but sorted it out.

rellay hope you release this cause just bout all the best scfi mods went to AA

We're a while off yet

Yeah, problem with his textures I think I mentioned before, they are all white, I have tried tinting the colours as I admit I did for the elites and grunts but it doesn't work so well with MC

heres the pic of what he looks like so far

Before tint:

mcdu3.jpg

After tint:

masterchy3.jpg

I also slapped in his visor. It all looks wrong, I need something that can put reflection textures (such as the visor) with the normal base textures, and something which will make that damn armour go the right shade of green!!!

Suggestions are appriciated

Right had a go with that idea, and tried some more things, based on what you can see in the other picture, please people say which looks better, the new or old visor

mcheadmz6.jpg

I used burn and dodge then (being obsessed with tinting it) tinted it with one of the visor colours.

@ D@nte that looks nice smile_o.gif

th whole mod looks really nice keep up the good work thumbs-up.gif

Didn't Nephlim find a way to add the DXDLL water effect to objects? It might be worth asking her wink_o.gif

Merely 2 weeks... so might be he has nothing to show, or hasn't worked on the project, possibly due to real-life reasons...

Nice visor, but am I the only one who thinks it looks like a smiley or those early (~15-25 years ago) game "characters"? tounge2.gif

Right no need to worry, I simply forgot to post one week and thought I had......

Anyway as far as the visor is conserned, as what I am using to make it is a pos, I have had a brainstorm. Why don't I just take a screen shot of the MC from the front and put the visor on, however, i haven't got round to it yet, as my computer is acting up like a trouble child on crack, Most likely due to the fact that it is almost out of memory (i got like 12 kb left and can barely type this message its going so slow)

huum the chief looks cool but does he have to be green remember there were more the one mc the sparten project i think its was here's a couler sceme you could use (for spartens)

medic's=white

spec op's=black or grey

infantry=green/grey

tank/hog crew=camo things

pilots/pilot coulers lol

umm dont forget the marines do have fighters aswell

the mc used on at the end of the first game and you c a few at the start of the main game

hope these ideas will help

I almost forgot that there was more then one before the first game, all got killed if I remember correctly

why dose it have to be set on halo tho it could be set about the wars before the game?? then set it on halo after the spartans were all kiled i just think it would be cool for multiplayer like red vs blue

yay.gif

plus peeps wont go color blind with all the green running round. are there going to be the cannon fodder i mean marines guys??

you very welcome.gif i play halo like a religion lol

i know way to much bout the game oh if your doing the pelican dropship it does have a weapon system on it if you look closley at the frount of the ship you will see a assult cannon on it it wasent used in the first game but used in the secound game so please put it in i don't like the idea of flying rnd in somthing were i cant shoot back lol and u could make a variation of it with multiple weapons as well

need any more ideas just pm me or let me know k

Right, so far all my emails and messages to wildo to see what the progress is have not been replied to, so I'll send a few more and put it down here incase.

Wildo, I simply need to know how u'r progressing and if my mails didn't get to u

Now to the rest of the community

Good news which won't happen just this second but soon: me and zombie have decided we will soon release what we have done so far, covenant weapons, some cov vechiles, sorry, but no infantry yet. I'm currently waiting on zombie to send me what he's got, then it'll be on I won't give you an estimated time, as i've seen so many mods and addons that give the time and can't keep to it because something cropped up (e.g someones cat was murdered from the last halo mod attempt and they had to attend a funeral... in fact, where did all the killed cats come from?)

(e.g someones cat was murdered from the last halo mod attempt and they had to attend a funeral... in fact, where did all the killed cats come from?)

Haha, do people still remember my old signature? rofl.gif

Shame it wont be totally finished.. oh well smile_o.gif

I hope to continue it for Arma when it comes out in england...

hopefully the official mod tools will be out by then and there won't be many changes in mods

If I can't for reasons mixed <eyes shift to this message and the copywrite ones a while back> then I'm moving on to something else

they shut down Halo Gen because(guessing) if u go around IGN you can see theres a halo rts on the way...

but still, just a guess. huh.gif