Sign in to follow this  
black150

HALO

Hi all welcome.gif

I'm a random person who walked in one day, played ofp  pistols.gif , started downloading mods, then saw the dicussion for a HALO mod. I almost died when I found out it was over crazy_o.gif , and almost went out to do it myself when it struck me.

I knew nothing about modding. help.gif

It took me a while to figure out O2 and learn stuff etc but Where I failed was configs, scripting and named sections. Even to this day I still scratch my head over it. It didn't stop me getting the models and textures (the textures are imported from the game and Put onto the objects using 3dstudio max) and getting them into O2 and saveing them. So now I had what I needed, and went out to learn the things that I somehow find the hardest.

Unfortunatly, it's been a long time and I still havn't figured it out (as most good tutorials SEEM to be dead, and other good tutorials seem to miss out the bit I need the most) and I have had recent problems outside game which have taken all my time. Making me very unhappy banghead.gif .

I still have the models (Every HALO model in the game even the flood and covenant guns) and textures and a fair few sounds (gun sounds mostly) And I can still fit in a small amount of time to grab more sounds and references (as it only takes five seconds) but as for figuring out the configs and scripting I must wait till another, less time consuming day (which may be a while) So I have a few options I can either:

Ask if there is a tutorial which will teach me all I need in a matter of seconds

or

I can give the models to someone more experienced who has time and would want to do it notworthy.gif , and keep a backup on my computer. Either way, I cannot continue until either one is done. I have left some images of a small few of the models I have (and I mean only a few I have thousands more)

elitebe9.th.jpg

grunttb3.jpg

tankow2.jpg

warthoglq3.jpg

Thanks for any form of help given  smile_o.gif

P.S The Elite picture I messed up a bit, but you should all be able to see it anways

Also: I may put more pictures on if requested

Heh, maybe i should look my old 'each day the HALO mod isnt released, i kill a kitten' sig up again biggrin_o.gif

Oh well, nice work, i hope that this mod finishes though smile_o.gif

I intend to finish it, if me probs sort out soon then I can get back on corse and these forums will be swamped with askings for tuts and help.

EDIT: Oh and I'm going to backup all work done

All who want's nice Halo addons, salute you!

notworthy.gif

Good work, looks awsome!

How do you intend to fix the steering. I have an idea, but yet to test it in OFP, i think it wont work anyways, but if it does, I'll keep in touch wink_o.gif

Love the very quick responses, I only came back on a minute after reciving first message to edit one of my posts.  smile_o.gif Anyways, as I've stated I'm noob with configs. I can make models easy, and imported the textures, but configs, named sections etc I cannot figure out. I need help if this is to be released and as I stated before I will be in and out depending on situations at home

Also, Master Chief ain't done yet, I imported his textures and it went white....  huh.gif  a white master cheif, but I havn't time to work on it now.

Unfortunatley I can't help you in the areas you need but if you do find help please don't try to make a full mod before you release anything. All I was waiting on in the last Halo mod was the Pelican, warthog and MC. Here's hoping you get the help you require.

Oh yeah, and make frequent backups of your work (edit: oh, you already said that.). icon_rolleyes.gif

THIS IS A CRY FOR HELP! SOMEONE WHO CAN SORT CONFIGS, SCRIPTS AND NAMED SECTIONS PLEASE!

You don't have to yell, I can help you if/when I have the time. I can do the configs and the scripts, not sure about the named sections (I assume you mean named selections), but maybe those too.

Wow, I would really like this to take off and be completed. The one thing that I liked about Halo was the technology. Futurisitc, sleek and solid without all the flashy stuff. Good luck with this! You got my support.

Heh, maybe i should look my old 'each day the HALO mod isnt released, i kill a kitten' sig up again biggrin_o.gif

Oh well, nice work, i hope that this mod finishes though smile_o.gif

You better not start posting "is it dead" each day again. tounge2.gif

Good luck on this, would be cool to have.

Sorry if i reply a completely other way the most members,doo. This is cause i expect this comments deleted soon. Your Models and textures are looking nice but i think that they are simple Halo Screenshots. Your addon is nice and innovative like mine but useless, like mine. (There will be not enough players in MP for this Project.)

1. He said that he converted them (MC did the same), ofcourse they look like the xbox version tounge2.gif

2. MP? SP all the way! tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]You better not start posting "is it dead" each day again. tounge2.gif

Arrrgh, i hoped that everyone had forgotten that by now whistle.gif

Nobdoy would forget someone posting that message over and over again biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the support so far, as for yelling for help I have problems controlling the volume of my voice sometimes.

I'm going to put down some more screens of what I got soon, just gotta do something right now...

And here we are

flooddj6.jpg

beliteir5.jpg

cdropshipwy1.jpg

The elite is a bit more blue then it should be, the blue elite didn't have textures and neither did the gold one, so I desided to add a colour layer overtop and forgot to pull out the actual elite skin  whistle.gif  

Same applys for gold. I may sort this out later when I get a chance...

Looks nice.

I could help if you like. I know how to do configing & a bit of scripting. I've also got the game so I could record sounds (of the guns, vehicles, etc.)

PM or email me at somealien@hotmail.com if you like me to help. smile_o.gif

Just a random thought, could the materials effect that Footmunch, FFUR and others use to make things shiny be applied to the Elites?

Man, two pages already...

My first criteria is named selections, as I know jack about them and keep getting confused about which vertecies to select. zombie1, can you do named selections? (even if you can't will still be asking for help with the configs)

I'm not sure, I'm very crap at it. sad_o.gif

So um, do I get to have the models and I can config them for you? biggrin_o.gif

Yes you do  welcome.gif

EDIT - You're bound to be better then me at named selections smile_o.gif

I could probably do it actually. Got your email, it would be nice if you put them all in a zip or rar. wink_o.gif

EDIT: And the textures, could you possible send me them to? xmas_o.gif

no probs. I tried putting them into zip or rar then the things started messing up, I probably had too many things open at the same time confused_o.gif

Okay then, so could I have the textures? smile_o.gif Would like to get you a finished Halo pack soon. biggrin_o.gif