Sign in to follow this  
ebud

Tonal Update

)rStrangelove @ Oct. 31 2006,16:19)]Next weekend would be reeeeally great smile_o.gif *hint* *hint*

Patients is a Virtue... thumbs-up.gif

Yup, with Armed Assault just aruond the corner it'd be nice to have this to pass the time. Here's hoping it doesnt get bigger and bigger until we recieve it a week before AA's release :-)

Hasn't BIS said that OFP addons will be portable to ArmA? Once we've finished the campaign and the single missions, there will be a brand-new Tonal to play with thumbs-up.gif

Somehow I don't think it'll be that easy. Plus, it would depend on BIS releasing the tools within a reasonable amount of time after the release. Cross your fingers that they don't wait two years to do it...

)rStrangelove @ Oct. 31 2006,10:19)]Next weekend would be reeeeally great smile_o.gif *hint* *hint*

Was hoping for this weekend, but the bug fixing continues. A lot of testing and fixing is going on. It's 99% done.

Biggest problem is the llauma head bugs in mp, and when unit leave vehicles the faces flicker. Trying for a workaround other than just removing the random faces.

Biggest problem is the llauma head bugs in mp, and when unit leave vehicles the faces flicker. Trying for a workaround other than just removing the random faces.

Hmm, wasn't that problem solved?

Thought I read it here in the forum.

MfG Lee huh.gif

Show me where a fix is at to stop faces from flickering after units leave a vehicle, or a fix for MP when a player respawns into another unit that has llauma's head and the faces get all distorted smile_o.gif Are there any?

I only remember a fix for units so the faces don't warp when starting in vehicles, and that fix has never worked for these units due to other event handlers on the vehicles.

In MP, I fixed the problem by adding an eventhandler into the units init section, and making an sqf file that executes the face script for the unit. That fixed the MP bug where the face was all distorted, but I never got around at fixing the flickering, though.

Thanks Hawkins, but the flickering is the biggest issue for me sad_o.gif It's been addressed and a workaround already done to all the TSF.

hmmm, i have a unit using the head model and i followed the instructions to stop the flickering after leaving the vehicle that was in the main thread about the head (or the new facetex) and it works for me in single player...no idea about mp thou.

I can send you the config for that unit if it would help...

From all that I have read, if you start in a vehicle that has it's own event handlers it overrides those of the units in the vehicles. I haven't tried the units with default vehicles as it would be a waste of time, but all of the new Tonal vehicles have all sorts of event handlers so no matter what has been tried, nothing worked. Also with 30-40 units on the map, all with those face scripts running can tend to chew at performance.

Send it over or post the specific lines here, but I've DL'd almost all units using those faces to look in the models and configs to see if I missed something, but nothing came up sad_o.gif

ahh yes, i see the difference...hmmm

I will send it over anyway to see if it would be of any use.

I will just jump in ofp and try something.....

edit:

I just tried a number of units that use the lluma head model. I placed them in the vehicles using the movein command and then jumped out and they were fine. I used the RF bmp and t80 tanks as I know they have event handlers. What method are you putting them in the vehicles, assign them as crew, default crew or another way?

edit2:

I started a unit in every way i thought of and i could not get it to replecate the flashing face issue. I used some combat stuff this time.

A silly question, but are you adding the fset1 and 2 into the selections part of the model in O2?

Is this what you could be looking for click me It's the second post down! Also the last post is interesting! Hope this helps,i used to get the bug before i got told about the f set anim's!

Something like this:

class EventHandlers

{

Init="[_this select 0] exec ""\facestex2\basefaces.sqs"";";

};

and then this:

Animated=1;

class animations

{

class Fset

{

type="rotation";

animPeriod=0.01;

selection="Fset1";

axis="Fset2";

angle0=0;

angle1=1;

}

That was done to the units and configs ages ago. I tried a couple of things last night and it seemed to quit doing it, but still needs more testing. I appreciate the info though as you never know when you might see something that you haven't tried before, but the fset points and selections were done from the beginning.

Also you'd have to ask inquisitor about the vehicles as he has been helping with those. There are a bunch of folks who have been looking into this as well and still nothing.

This may still work though smile_o.gif

Ebud did you take a look at fleas fixed script that chiper posted in the second post down on this link click me I can't remember were the origional thread is but apparantly flea fixed the boarding/dismount bug (i think crazy_o.gif )

Ebud did you take a look at fleas fixed script that chiper posted in the second post down on this link click me I can't remember were the origional thread is but apparantly flea fixed the boarding/dismount bug (i think crazy_o.gif )

We've tested them but the face flickering bug still persists.

actually one I removed them the faces stopped flickering when exiting vehicles. Odd.

I hope you crack this nut ebud, I really would like the see this new tonal and units.

It's fixed. It was a version of the facetex with new scripts put in. Once we reverted back to the release version of facetex2 the flickering went away for me at least.

A handful of minor bugs left. Mainly simple model fixes and a couple minor config edits, then a few days of testing. It really is almost done now.

Really looking forward to this Ebud. Thanks for all your efforts (and your partner's as well).

Hope to see a release soon.

Just a quick question. It's been a while since I touched OFP and might not have all the addons required. When you release can you link to all required addons so we can just dump them into a separate addon folder and launch OFP?

Thats really good to hear Ebud.

I and I am sure many others cant wait!

Thanks for your efforts notworthy.gif

sounds good that a release is coming closer.. really looking forward to walking around in africa

about the soldiers are you making two versions.. one with luamas head and one with BIS heads?

keep up the good work

about the soldiers are you making two versions.. one with luamas head and one with BIS heads?

Haha, no. Way too much work for something like this, plus the shelf life on this is about 2 months, so no, sorry.

Really looking forward to this Ebud. Thanks for all your efforts (and your partner's as well).

Hope to see a release soon.

Just a quick question. It's been a while since I touched OFP and might not have all the addons required. When you release can you link to all required addons so we can just dump them into a separate addon folder and launch OFP?

everything you require is in the downloads for Tonal (that is, getting tonal to work properly) as for the campaigns etc, then obviously we'll need to link to the addons used in those (if i recall most of the BAS stuff)