Sign in to follow this  
ebud

Tonal Update

Just an update.

Things are still moving along very well. Nothing to show, just letting you know it's all on track and I just saw some pics of some things someone very talented is working on for this. Very cool. PLus I was offered help to fix island bugs, performance etc, so I've been very lucky with the help offered so far. Also some very nice promo pics were just sent to me as well. It's shaping up much better than I had hoped for with the outpouring of support of some very generous people.

If there is interest in some african animals I would model the rest at the weekend and then try to get it into flashpoint

What kind of question is that? Of course, we need animals!!! At least might have something to shot at, that won't shot back. biggrin_o.gif

J/k.... seriously, I think ambient life would add a lot to atmosphere.

This new topic about Tonal as prompted me to reviset my old mission's/campaign's on tonal! At the time tonal came out i don't think i realy apprecaited how good the tonal island was! Hope this "upgrade" see's the light of day! One thing i have never noticed is how good the music is,it give's a fantastic atmosphere. Anyone know (a) what the music is called? And (b) were the music is from? Will the music be the same in the update,if not what changes will their be?

i think they had a artist that made the music for the team, i think she was called Cassandra. But i dunno if she made all the music or just some of the music.

The music is the same. No new tracks added either. Sorry. And yes , Cassandra did them for BAS. They still sound amazing after all this time.

I did get some comments about how some of the screens of the new "jungle" replacement is rather sparce and barren.

Here are pics and links as to what I tried to edit towards.

This is how I initially wanted it all to look.

http://www.env.leeds.ac.uk/~mreed/images-desert.html

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/opperdoes5/veld.jpg

http://www.jembisa.com/highres....eld.jpg

http://www.game-reserve.com/images....oad.jpg

http://www.africanaffinity.com/bushveld.jpg

Paintings

http://www.geocities.com/henrybredenkamp/Bredenkamp_Henry.htm

Just so you know before hand, it will not have dense lush foliage. Now refer back to the first post after you have seen these pics. Not exact, but similar.

i must say reading back it sounds its going to be a great rehaul of Tonal.

New OPFOR (vehicles, units, weapons etc.) are really coming along. The person doing all the customization did an amazing job integrating what I started to what he finished and the extras he added. Simply superb.

I'm not posting any pics until after release (well the screenshot maker may post a couple of teasers just before release) as I really really don't want to ruin the experience of playing Tonal missions again with the new updates. I want there to be a reason to play it all again. If you see it all in screenshots there is nothing new to discover.

Wise decision smile_o.gif

But please tell me when the teaser Screenshots come out. I dont want to see them either tounge2.gif

Cant wait for the release notworthy.gif

I loved the first Tonal

I thank a air Campain with New aircraft would be cool.

some ideas for aircraft

F-5A

Cavalier F-51D Mustang Mks

(No im not kidding the CIA handed out High Performice P-51

as Counter Insurgency Aircraft aka: Project Peace Condor)

NAMC Q-5 'fantan'

CAC J-7

AS 565 Panther

Kamov Ka-29

FMA IA-58 Pucara

Cessna A-37 Dragonfly

pistols.gif

What's this about a Cessna Dragonfly, the BAC Strikemaster is the way to go! biggrin_o.gif

According to Wikipedia, it's currently in service with

Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, Kuwait, Singapore, Kenya, NZ, Ecuador, Sudan and was used by Botswana. Seems to fit the theatre perfectly!

(and it's currently being made for Flashpoint smile_o.gif )

Im sure by now all the units hes doing are just being finalised.. but you never know.. saying that im reskining a p51 mustang and redoing its config so it flys better.. desert camo.

are we still looking at a 2-3 week (from now) time frame, or did that go the way of the dodo?

still shooting for it and should make it. smile_o.gif

And please don't bother making any suggestions smile_o.gif They won't make it in and I have a lot things I personally would want to make for this myself , lol. Not that I don't appreciate them smile_o.gif Possibly post them in Shinkasen's (spelling?) supplement thread.

Happy B-Day, all the best to you thumbs-up.gif

Don't remind me icon_rolleyes.gif I feel old today. But thanks smile_o.gif

I can't remember if it's been covered in this thread but are you expanding Tatu at all? Made it larger/smaller, more detailed etc?

Oh, and happy birthday!

i loved the original Tonal, good to see an improved version

Are you guys planning to add some new air units w/ the incoming update?

Anyways good luck with the project! Its looking good! smile_o.gif

Dunno if im allowed to say this but from what ive seen there are quite some nice things to fly with in the update smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What's this about a Cessna Dragonfly, the BAC Strikemaster is the way to go! biggrin_o.gif

Realy it comes down to the gun

the Strikemaster has two FN 7.62mm Machineguns

and

the Dragonfly has one GBU-2B\A 7.62mm Minigun

other wise the planes are twins

Mabe one for the Rebs and One for Gov. froces? whistle.gif

Sorry to be a pest Ebud, but I just remembered that the current Tonal units aren't fully ECP compliant. Do you plan to fix this for the release?

Here's a personal edit I've done on the Toyota wars units which works perfectly (needs 1 BIS unit on the map). Should be a snap to adapt to the Tonalis and paste into the base classes over the current JAM EHs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class EventHandlers : ECP_EventHandlers

{

init = "if (format[{%1},ECP_path]=={scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef})then{ _0={ECP_INIT}createVehicle [0,0,0]}; if (format[{%1},count ECP_addUnitsArray] == {scalar}) then {ECP_addUnitsArray=[]}; ECP_addUnitsArray=ECP_addUnitsArray+[_this select 0]; _this call (ECP_resources select 40); _this exec ""\DMA_CHAD\scr\african_faces.sqs""";

fired = "_this call (ECP_resources select 41); if((_this select 1 in[{Throw},{JAM_AT4Launcher},{JAM_CAVS_AT4Launcher},{JAM_RPG7Launcher},{JAM_CAVS_RPG7Launc

her},{JAM_M72LAWLauncher},{JAM_CAVS_M72LAWLauncher}])or(_this select 4 in[{JAM_MarkerGrenadeammo}]))then{_this exec{\JAM_Magazines\FX\firedEH.sqs}}";

};

Not forgetting

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class ECP_EventHandlers {};

just above the class CfgVehicles section.

With this you get the full ECP gunsmoke, blood, bulletwhiz, DSAI etc, and also your own face set EH at initialisation.

Cheers  notworthy.gif

CH