Sign in to follow this  
ebud

Tonal Update

Yeah, lets not drop Ebud to the deck with a shitload of requests turning this into a major project that we wont see for another 6 months.

Take what he gives and if you dont like it.... change it up yourself.

Yeah, lets not drop Ebud to the deck with a shitload of requests turning this into a major project that we wont see for another 6 months.

Take what he gives and if you dont like it.... change it up yourself.

Ebutt,

Can you send me the beta? i need it for a mission im making. pistols.gif

Probably a silly question - but could someone point me in the direction of a URL for Tonal MPmissions? I play them online but I'd like to practice with them offline.

In particular, I'm looking for the airport assault mission. I have BAS Tonal installed but I don't seem to see this in the MP Mission list (guessing it's Tonal Island I should be looking at).

Thanks!

Get to ofp.info and download their MPMission pack. Has Tonali Airport, too. It's on Tonal Island main airport, yep the bigger island.

Or if you've played it, search it in your MPMissions cache.

Are you considering adding one or two of white soldier models to the government side, Ebud? It could sort of be useful for a South African themed mission, or something like that. Sort of like the original, where goverment soldier4 was white.

Looking awsome, Ebud. Tonal and the associated units are by far my favorite addons ever. I loved how you had a backstory and ORBAT associated, it made it feel like an actual setting as opposed to some random map with units.

These new guys look great, loving the camo on the scouts.

Do you think we could get a look-see at the updated Tonal SF? I'm dying to see what they look like.

They're not a whole lot different than the pics you see of the scouts, just with modern gear. I'll post a lot more pics after this weekend.

And thanks for the kind words everyone... except for SS

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Thats for you buddy rofl.gif

Get to ofp.info and download their MPMission pack. Has Tonali Airport, too. It's on Tonal Island main airport, yep the bigger island.

Or if you've played it, search it in your MPMissions cache.

@BlackScorpion, thanks mate. I've searched their site but can't locate it. Do u have a link by any chance?

Eh Baz the Baldy,i agree with what you said! But why did you feel the need to post twice? The first post was abrupt enough to have caught everyones attention tounge2.gif

Aren't you connected to the bushfires mod so couldn't you add some of the models from it? I haven't heard anything about it for a while so it would be a shame if the models would go wasted.

Eh Baz the Baldy,i agree with what you said! But why did you feel the need to post twice? The first post was abrupt enough to have caught everyones attention tounge2.gif

Because I thoroughly enjoy connection problems!

:S

Ebud,

I don't remember you mentioning this in the previous pages, so figured I'd ask... While updating the island, were you able to fix the concrete bridge (I think it was up on the north side of the island) so that the AI could drive on it? Not the really long bridge over the water, but the one over a dry river bed. The AI would always fall through it if they tried to traverse the bridge.

I have yet to even touch the map, just been replacing models and textures. I'll be able to get on the map and objects after this weekend. Expect most bridges to go away though.

Mapfact made some special bridge for their latest version of Nogova, I think they'd look in place with such an enviroment! smile_o.gif

Hi Ebud!

Just wanted to ask, if the classnames of the units used will change to those used in BAS Tonal? I'm asking this because I'd like to know if I make some mission now, will it automatically convert to Redeaux or I'll have to change the classnames? The map layout change won't be a problem for me.

EDIT: actually all I want to ask is will this be done with replacement units, or new ones (in the config)?

Great work, as always notworthy.gif

Afaik this is bit like FFUR, it only replaces things so you should be able to play all the old Tonal missions aswell.

I played first few missions of the Tonal campaign with the beta mod and everythign worked fine, only units and objects were exchanged model and texturewise.

Aren't you connected to the bushfires mod so couldn't you add some of the models from it? I haven't heard anything about it for a while so it would be a shame if the models would go wasted.

I think it's an excellant idea. It's just up to Hellfish and Ironsight. I have no idea if the original maker of most of those thigns is even still around. I think it was Vibes. I've played with the Bushfires stuff on the new maps a lot and they look great. The reason I didn't think about it before is because I've done new avatars for that mod a couple of times but never quite finished them, started a map for it but never quite finished it, I think Hellfish never quite finished the vehicle coding. Heh. But I think it would be an excellant way to get some of the vehicles out there and not let them sit idle forever.

I think it's an excellant idea. It's just up to Hellfish and Ironsight. I have no idea if the original maker of most of those thigns is even still around. I think it was Vibes. I've played with the Bushfires stuff on the new maps a lot and they look great. The reason I didn't think about it before is because I've done new avatars for that mod a couple of times but never quite finished them, started a map for it but never quite finished it, I think Hellfish never quite finished the vehicle coding. Heh. But I think it would be an excellant way to get some of the vehicles out there and not let them sit idle forever.

Yeah it was the idea to code and pack Bushfires stuff up stuff for the next Tonal release. The main problem right now is time, just started college and have very little time. However most models are finished, some stuff just needs a bit of polishing. And yes Vibes is unreachable right now but I finished most of the vehicles so that's hopefully no problem. Only main thing that needs to be done is redoing some of the firearms and some of the vehicles. Aircraft are good to go and infantry only needs models replaced. I don't know how far the main config is done, that's Hellfish's part.

Any chance to combine Tonal Redeaux with WGL5?

if you can run Tonal now with WGL5 you should be able to run the new one. I won't be doing anythign specific to make it "WGL5 ready" though. Whatever that would entail.

Also, no updates now as I want to keep all the new updates as a suprise. I'd rather you either replay the old missions to see everything or at least wait until you get the addons. The week before release there will be some pics posted, but those will only be teasers, sort of like the old pics from before the TSF release.

Only updates are that there have been a lot of replacement models imported for vehicles, a couple of mission makers who have already done big Tonal misisons have really been bug testing the heck out of the islands and objects, and Messiah has been helping get the UK FNMag rovers into the pbos. I've done a ton of work on the opfor and TSF pbos but haven't touched the islands or objects since I posted pics.

So contrary to what I posted earlier in this thread I won't be posting any pics. Sorry. A couple of screenshot makers approached me to do screens, so those will be out right before release, but they will just be teaser pics only.

It's still looking to be released 1st or 2nd week of October.