Sign in to follow this  
ebud

Tonal Update

Get off the forums and go get this finished!!! biggrin_o.gif

Really looking forward to this mate.... Brilliant work.

Tonal and its associated OPFOR/Resistance units have always been my favourite addons but since BAS went out they've started to look very dated. Again, this is brilliant and will be my most used addons.

Well done Ebud, Back in the Stone age of OFP I remember playing your British Special Forces Addon practically non stop in mp lan games, good memories biggrin_o.gif. And I just know that this is going to be brilliant

My sugestion is to change the bridges, couse they are very unrealistic. They have one thin pole as a support, an that is in the midle of the segment. That does not stay.

Keep the good work

wink_o.gif

all i can think of when i see the pics is a wasteland....burned out cars n bodies everywere n dead animals/bones then the scouts walking through them..

i enjoyed the original island but i must say this one will step it up.

will the population of this island be only black (sorry for the color refering) or will there be white people aswell..

Accompanying the question above, are the civie (and why not Gov and Rebel units, too) hand model textures defined by some textures on the model itself or by the face texture? In other words, if I'm using a "white" face on the civies (i.e. my own custom one), will they still have dark arms or will they be of same skin colour as the face? huh.gif

Anyways, excellent looking units. Keep it up man and good luck. thumbs-up.gif

* faints from details inlove.gif * hi.... * faints again *

amazing DETAILS!! just amazing and oh uh * faints 3rd time for an hour *

My sugestion is to change the bridges, couse they are very unrealistic. They have one thin pole as a support, an that is in the midle of the segment. That does not stay.

Keep the good work

wink_o.gif

Those bridges probably will stay for this OFP version. Maybe for ARMAS.

Well done Ebud, Back in the Stone age of OFP I remember playing your British Special Forces Addon practically non stop in mp lan games, good memories biggrin_o.gif. And I just know that this is going to be brilliant

I barely remember those smile_o.gif After OFPEC cleaned out all the old addons I had forgot about them, the old Rangers, and couple of other OLD addons SelecThis and I did ages ago. Thanks for making me feel old tounge2.gif

all i can think of when i see the pics is a wasteland....burned out cars n bodies everywere n dead animals/bones then the scouts walking through them..

will the population of this island be only black (sorry for the color refering) or will there be white people aswell..

Only white units will be some of the Scouts and the TSF mercenaries.

Accompanying the question above, are the civie (and why not Gov and Rebel units, too) hand model textures defined by some textures on the model itself or by the face texture? In other words, if I'm using a "white" face on the civies (i.e. my own custom one), will they still have dark arms or will they be of same skin colour as the face? huh.gif

Anyways, excellent looking units. Keep it up man and good luck. thumbs-up.gif

The facetex2 faces do not have hands and arms in the texture. I fixed that for the VTE mod and did all new cusotm faces for it for 40 or so faces so that the arms and hands switch along with the faces in that mod.

In this addon I wanted to use what was already out there and in use, so no the arms and hands never change on any of the units.

For custom white units you'll have to use a BIS Civ or some other unit.

Now that you brought this up I may add one or two units per side that have white arms and faces to address this, but I honestly don't care for the idea myself. Also since the units all use the facetex2 faces I didn't even know you could use cusotm faces.

I would also suggest running these addons with the DMA Toyota Wars mod. Either with or wothout the ECP conversion of it. I say that as the DMA units work really well on the island and do not look out of place at all. You can convert and play lots of missions using default units and it runs and looks really nice with those civs, Chadian troops, rebels, etc.

Edit button? tounge2.gif

Not custom faces in traditional sence my friend. Just a bunch of highly edited Facestex2 mapped textures (implementation of real-life photos etc.), simply saved in .jpg and thrown in a .pbo file with the appropriate config. So it's basically my own face pack I'd be using.

Just asked because the FP3 pack isn't out yet... well neither are these but... whistle.gif

congratulations, this looks awsome!!

i have questions for u...since we use tonal in our server i would love to be able to replace old island by this one. is there any chance to make a simple replace of the pbo island, or do i need to add a lot of suplemental addons? i mean ecp,csla,etc.

keep the good work and good luck to the project.

@ Sep. 06 2006,09:58)]congratulations, this looks awsome!!

i have questions for u...since we use tonal in our server i would love to be able to replace old island by this one. is there any chance to make a simple replace of the pbo island, or do i need to add a lot of suplemental addons? i mean ecp,csla,etc.

keep the good work and good luck to the project.

The addons will be the same. BAS_O.pbo, I1, I2, BAS_OPFOR, BAS_TSF. I think thats it for the Tonal replacement. Same adodn names, same classnames etc The only addons needed outside of those will be the facetex2.pbo and the WW3 weapons beta pbo as it has the Galils I wanted plus East weapons... that one stays. Also for now the TSF still use earls russian weapons, but I may change that to either the RHS weapons or the ICP weapons pack so you don't need to have the entire Suchy Marine pack installed.

Definately looking foward to this update biggrin_o.gif Another suggestion, the RHS Hind instead of the CSLA one. Nothing knockin the CSLA one but the RHS one featured in FFUR is the best looking model currently out.

Definately looking foward to this update biggrin_o.gif Another suggestion, the RHS Hind instead of the CSLA one. Nothing knockin the CSLA one but the RHS one featured in FFUR is the best looking model currently out.

Your probably right about the RHS helo, but I don't use FFUR so I have never even seen it. I'm already at my wits end with the amount of work this is building up to be and going back and redoing the hind setup is not on the top of my list. TBH, hi-res aircraft mean very very little to me as this is meant to be a ground war, at least for me. I already went back and changed the Mi-8 to the PL version offered by Agent Smith. I had thought the CSLA Hip was fine, and now the PL Hip doubled the poly count plus some. I really wasn't wanting to turn this into an "African FFUR" where every vehicle was replaced by the best/highest poly/highest res/most functions/ addons out there. Since 99.9% of the time I play these addons I'm on the ground I could have 500 poly helos and be happy as I only see them at 200m plus.

I'll look at the helos and ask RHS about them, but TBH at this point I have 2-3 weeks to finish this, so anything "new" takes 2-3 days of editing away. Also if they are ultra hi res I may pass on quality for performance, especially since the only time you see them close up is practically never.

Sorry to rant, but I had reasons for the list of replacements. smile_o.gif

I say save the addons you cant add in or retexture etc in a recommendations section of a readme, preferrable with links, meaning that people have the choice to DL the other addons and create a modpack or something similiar for the new map smile_o.gif

Great job e!

I recently started using Tonal again and have been having a blast playing some old missions.

I really look forward to the new version.

One (or two) question(s) though. Will it be a mod folder conversion so that one could play either a jungle or brush version (not both at same time)?  Or will it modify the original pbos?

Probably too late to do much good, but just let me know if you need any camo pattern scans. Nothing really new, but I do have a few unpublished patterns so feel free to ask.

Wadmann

Amazing work Ebud.

Tonal captured my imagination when it was released back in 2003, and I've been "in-country" ever since.

Those new Gov. Scouts could come in handy - I'm planning a nice little ambush involving a swamp, a BTR-T and a snorkel. Tell 'em I'll be waiting at bd24 with a sitrep and a nice cup of nettle tea wink_o.gif

Edit: nevermind, I see you've got enough on your plate wink_o.gif

Cheers,

CH

Looking awsome, Ebud. Tonal and the associated units are by far my favorite addons ever. I loved how you had a backstory and ORBAT associated, it made it feel like an actual setting as opposed to some random map with units.

These new guys look great, loving the camo on the scouts.

Do you think we could get a look-see at the updated Tonal SF? I'm dying to see what they look like.