kutya

GDCE released

Try this one wg_gdce110.rar.

Its a quick conversion. You have to fix the inventory spaces in the

GDC_globals.sqs.

Hope it works (untested).

Enjoy. smile_o.gif

I will try it out, thanks smile_o.gif

Now it all works great smile_o.gif I noticed that the pbo's were in a subfolder, and when I putted them directly to the missions folder, all problems gone! biggrin_o.gif

Oh, and the WGL conversion runs OK for me, although when I export it to singlemissions, I still have that 'teleport' thingy.

But thanks guys for your help, I appreciate it thumbs-up.gif

Hope you can help!

Keep getting the mission start some where in the sea.

Only one in the past 6 missions has it started on land!

Read the guides carefully.

You most probably tried to play the unpacked missions. Those are for editing. This version consists of a main folder and subfolders and many files.

Delete them from your missions folder (they would only confuse you) and put the pbo-ed versions there. The pbo version is a single file. One for both sides. They should work fine.

Hey all, sorry for bumping.

I've been interested in playing a mission like this as I generally find the campaigns too long and uninteresting after a while, and most missions are too short.

My problem is this:

I have downloaded the .RAR file and extracted it ect. However, whnever I try and actually PLAY the mission, it screws up in one way or another.

My first attempt was before I had read the "Important Note" in the readme and I had placed the west .pbo into the campaigns folder, naturally, it didn't work. So I took that .pbo file and put it in my single player mission folder and started it up. I immediately noticed something was wrong. To begin with, it seems that debug mode was automatically set to "true" and so I got a whole ton of debug messages and got all these other things you get in debug. So I thought "Oh yeah, that's alright, I can still play" Unfortunately I was wrong.

Upon getting my first mission, I noticed it's placement was odd. Namely, It was in the middle of the ocean out to the east od the island. I thought that maybe it was set on one of the other islands like you can do with a multi-phase compaign, so I got an insertion chopper to drop me out there. It wasn't long before I noticed the I was wrong. I barely had enough time to teleport (debug mode) out to safety. I thought maybe it was a one off bug, so I went back and got another mission.

I have so far gotten eleven missions in total, all of whcih have been situated in the ocean, the closest they have ever been to land was one was just off the coast of a tiny island in the northeast.

I was somewhat annoyed, and so decided to try out the east version. This was even more inconvenient. You see, the west version took about 15 seconds to load. I sat for over 10 minutes waiting for the game to start. All that happened was the starting look at the player and that black screen saying it was loading, which eventually faded and some music played.

After this I figured I would give the west one a single try over again, so I went through the scripts and disabled debug mode (took me forever to find it though, I'm somewhat stupid when it comes to things like that), but, yet again, even without all the annoying debug messages and abilities, all of the missions were created in the ocean.

I would really like to try this mission, and I will gladly accept any help on this matter.

You should carefully follow the install instructions in the Player's Guide.

There are 2 versions of both east and west campaigns. The unpacked version (which is in a separate folder) is the editable version which needs to be put in user\missions folder and it is there to be edited. It is unplayable in its form, but much easier to edit than the playable version.

You put this version in your missions folder. Instead, you have put the pbo-ed versions in your missions folder. Then no debug messages and water spawns.

Hope it works now smile_o.gif

You should carefully follow the install instructions in the Player's Guide.

I have read the players guide top to bottom, and the "Getting Started" part is only a handful of lines, quoting it:

"About installation and basic OFP stuff I won’t go into detail, because then I could write

even much more than this. For playing the game you need to copy the GDCE_Campaign.pbo to

your campaigns folder."

That is all that is mentioned about installation of the maps. Now, after reading the readme I learnt (but please correct me if wrong) that it is not actually a campaign, but instead 2 single phase missions set on Everon (Eden). So there is really no help from there.

I will explain what I have in the unRARed folder, two guides (players guide and ME (mission editor) guide), the licence agreement, the readme, two PBOed files (which I'm assuming are the missions), and two unPBOed folders containing all the mission stuff (scripts, mission file etc.).

Here is what I have done:

I have placed BOTH the GDCE110wp1.eden.pbo AND the GDCE110ep1.eden.pbo file into my /Operation Flashpoint/Missions folder, and have placed the the NON Pbo equivalents into my /Operation Flashpoint/Users/[ME]/Missions folder.

Both the PBO and non PBO missions seem to be identical, right down to debug mode being activated by default in the west versions.

Although today I haven't had a chance to test the missions again (I worked 12 till 9) I will go on the assumption that someone didn't alter the files while I was at work and tell you what I found in the scripts when I checked them too see if my rudimentary knowledge could find why it was spawning missions in water.

I only checked the three main scripts in the mission file folder (init, GDC_init1 and GCD_Globals) for the west version, and I found that:

1)GDC_DebugMode was = true (I've set it to false which got rid of messages etc.)

2)At the part where it says:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;at start all support is disabled, since you're not on (a) mission

it reads:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

GDC_UsedSF = true

GDC_UsedAirStrike = true

GDC_UsedGround = true

;GDC_UsedAirSupp = true

GDC_UsedMortar = true

;GDC_UsedArtillery = true

Now, I'm hesitant to change this, but shouldn't they all be uncommented?

3)Now, I was also dabbling a bit into the spawn scripts to see if there was something in there, and I noticed this:

_dispersion = _this select 4

;dispersion is the max x or y deviation from the actual position (150 is reasonable)

; use smaller dispersion on small islands, to avoid water

; use larger dispersion on flat desert terrain

Now, since the majority of coding I use in my missions uses local variables, I was thinking that it may be possible that the spawns are sending the script a too high a number in the dispersion variable, and that is causing all the units to spawn in water, but thats just from a noob.

Since I don't start work till 5pm tomorrow I will take a look and see if playing around with things (I understand) will have an effect (other than ruining it).

N.B.

If there are any spelling errors or this was too hard to read, I'm sorry, it's eleven right now and I'm dead tired.

Edit: A few errors i could still spot.

Edit2: Wow, I'm really uncoordinated tonight.

Edit3: (I'm on a roll).

I have uploaded the RAR Exactly as I got it to filefront:

http://files.filefront.com/GDCE+110/;9410792;/fileinfo.html

If that doesn't work:

http://hosted.filefront.com/muwahahaha/

Also, I have just remembered:

When I first attempted to play the west version, I can remember an error message coming up before the whole "Initialising" thingo, I am used to them with the amount of addons in my folder, but it came up and said:

"Could not load mission, missing addons: BIS Resistance" ... eh? it had no effect that I could see, despite it being odd.

Anyway, after all this I'm going to bed, thanks for such a quick reply by the way, I appreciate the help.

Quote[/b] ]I have placed BOTH the GDCE110wp1.eden.pbo AND the GDCE110ep1.eden.pbo file into my /Operation Flashpoint/Missions folder, and have placed the the NON Pbo equivalents into my /Operation Flashpoint/Users/[ME]/Missions folder.

Install seems right. Sorry about the manual point, I thought I wrote it all down.

But now it depends which missions do you start?

The pbo and non-pbo versions aren't identical. The pbo versions are the playable and the non-pbo missions are for editing. If you start the mission from the editor, you'll start the editable (non-pbo) version.

If you want to play, go to regular missions in the notebook and find GDCE east or west. It should play ok.

About the support init, I ain't sure because I'm at work and don't have the code. And I wrote it more than a year ago. I guess you're right, but AFAIK it works this way too.

About 3): Nope. It's ok that way. Dispersion is a parameter but you can set it elsewhere. That is made only for the case when you want to make a mission where water is really close (like narrow islands). The water spawns and debug mode on, are sure signs that you try to play the edit version and not the game version.

Note: you can't normally play the editable version until you set up the markers. If you open it in the editor you'll see that the markers are ordered for easy placement. The playable version is much more messy regarding these game logics.

EDIT: Never place addons in your default addons folder. Better make separate mod folders for each addons combination you use. There are several threads about this.

Quote[/b] ]But now it depends which missions do you start?

I tried playing the pbo versions by going into the normal single missions part off the main menu and selecting it from the list of missions.

Quote[/b] ]The water spawns and debug mode on, are sure signs that you try to play the edit version and not the game version.

That is odd, because it is the same for both the pbo AND non pbo versions.

I believe that I have fixed the problem now, I redownloaded the file from a different source and it works normally now. whistle.gif

Sorry for bothering you with all this when I could have fixed it by simply redownloading, I guess I was hesitant as it took me three tries to get it fully the first time.

Thanks for the help, and now that I can play it it seems like a really fun mission.  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]it seems like a really fun mission.

Thanks. I tried to make it so.