Sign in to follow this  
kutya

GDCE released

Read below the download links for more info.

GDCE v1.10:

download links:

Latest version

Mirror by ofpc.de (thanks to Mr Burns)

developed by: kutya (The Frontline Assembly)

sides: US Army VS. Soviet Army (default OFP units)

Soviet Army VS. US Army

date: around 1980.

map: Everon

addons needed: JAM3 (optional), Mapfact Rucksack and CTI markers (included, but needed only for editing).

version of DAC used: tweaked 1.0 (optional)

description: Some new features and many bugfixes and tweaks.

GDCE conversions recommended by The Frontline Assembly:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Vietnam Tour of Duty 1.00:

download links:

Mirror by ofp.4players

sides: US Army vs Vietcong and NVA

date: 1960s and '70s

map: SEB Ia Drang, The Bra, A Shau Valley and maybe more

addons needed: JAM3, Mapfact Rucksack and CTI markers (included).

Vietnam The Experience 0.2

version of DAC used: currently 1.0

version of GDCE used: 1.00

description: The first full version of VTD! It incorporates DAC, working saving and all the options of GDCE. This should be a real tour of duty through the VTE addon smile_o.gif

FA Vietnam Tour of Duty 1.10 Demo:

download links: Included in the VTE 0.3 release.

sides: US Army vs Vietcong and NVA

date: 1960s and '70s

map: Long Son

addons needed: VTE 0.3 and the needed addons for VTE 0.3

version of DAC used: tweaked 1.0

version of GDCE used: 1.10

description: A demo showing the spirit of the yet unreleased VTD 1.10.

SAS in Afghanistan 1.02:

download links:

Latest version

Mirror by ofpc.de (thanks to Mr. Burns)

developed by: colligpip

sides: UK SAS vs Taliban

date: 2001

map: Afghan Everon

addons needed:

UKF L96 Pack

UK Desert troops

av-8b "harrier"

EH-101 Merlin Beta

Warrior IFV (MCV80) Pack

Afghan Everon and Taliban Pack v2.0

ukf land rovers

UKF WMIK 2.0

UKF Land Rover Patch 1.1

Mapfact rucksack

JAM3

UKF DPM Troop Pack 1

UKF Weapons pack 2.0

UKF sidearms

or a pack of all needed addons:

Addon pack for SAS Afghanistan (this is the full pack for pre 1.02 versions) and UKF L96 Pack

version of DAC used: 1.0

description: The first non FA conversion. Colligpip has some time ago had an idea to change VTD to UKF-Talib scenery. Now he's done it. 3 phases on 1 island. It's a sizable addon list, but UKF fans should already have them all and GDCE uses many kinds of weapons and vehicles, so even this list is an absolute minimum for a decent GDCE conversion to UKF.

FA Sonora 1.11:

download links:

Included in TSF Redux. (40mb)

sides: Government Troops vs rebels and local militia

date: around '90s

map: Tonal (Redux)

addons needed:

A proper install of Tonal Redux (183mb)

version of DAC used: tweaked 1.0

version of GDCE used: 1.11

description: A GDCE conversion to the updated Tonal. Why Sonora? Because of Tonal. This is a dynamic campaign using the content from Tonal Redux and not Tonal TSF Redux. A newer version will come soon too, using all the Tonal content.

FA Dynamic Normandy 44:

download links:

Development halted. PM me if you want to play.

sides: US 2nd Rangers vs German Army

date: 1944 Normandy invasion

map: Anjou SE

addons needed: JAM3, Mapfact Rucksack and CTI markers (included).

Invasion 44 and some more.

version of DAC used: currently 1.0

description: Work halted due to seriously low framerate.

Introduction:

In the beginning there was Operation Flashpoint CwC.

And then, tacrod created Counter Insurgency

Later, God saw it was good.

And then, Sanctuary created the DMA Dynamic War template

And then, honchoblack created Dynamic Afghanistan

And then, kutya created the Generic Dynamic Campaign Engine

And we still don't have feedback from God.

BTW Would like to include Silola (because of DAC), so he would be someone like Buddha or Zarathustra wink_o.gif

GDCE Info

For people who don't know what's GDCE about, the old pre-release thread is here: Old GDCE thread

GDCE is a foundation for building dynamic campaigns. It is a mission, where you need to change the units, port it to another island and you're done. GDCE fully supports DAC and uses Sinews of War saving. This combination enables the mission maker to compose full blown dynamic campaigns divided into several phases (also on many islands). The phases can be interconnected and campaign relevant data will be automatically trasfered to the next phase. For example at the end of the campaign you can see how many days passed ingame, how many missions you played, etc.Have fun!

BTW mirrors are welcome smile_o.gif

cool stuff smile_o.gif

will post bits of infos / suggestions from time to time.

~ infanty stuck in the tent ? (most of em got out later once the enemy was near) - defend mission

~ on the "intercept convoi" mission once the enemy convoi reached the "ambush marker" all vehicles magicly blew up besides the last bmp whistle.gif

~ DAC seems to be disabled by default - the docs state otherwise if i remember correctly

~ debug message ? (can / should you pick up fallen enemy soldiers too?)

~ old suggestion made by me back then for DMA dyn war:

add "fast insertation" option (which makes it fast return too) - it basicly beams the helicopter the most part of the way (so people can choose between more atmospheric and time saving solution)

keep up thumbs-up.gif

Thanks Q!

Will fix the defend mission. A breeze.

Intercept convoy: oops, sorry. That was for testing, I tought I've removed it. Many versions on my HD, many changes...

Yes, DAC is disabled, just because I've been too lazy to make all the zones (would need some time make them feel realistic). In the full release I'll do a template and a demo campaign and there DAC will be enabled. I just tought DAC is basically separate from my work, so this way it would be easier do find the errors.

Enemy units aren't picked up. It's just the officer from the Raid mission, where you have to capture him. I just forgot to make that part of the script. Sorry, I told this is a beta...

Dunno about inertion/extraction. Maybe will do. It would alter gameplay with GDCE full release. Since DAC would be included, it could happen that the enemy would shoot at you on the way (wich wouldn't happen with fast travel, thus different difficulty). But will think about this. I was thinking about an emergency mission, when you're hit, you crash land, with some of you squad dead, and the only thing you need is to get back home alive. But then I would need to change all missions, but maybe I'll still make this.

Earlier, you suggested connection the DAC units array with my globals.sqs, but after long thinking, it seems to me that it isn't worth it. I would need a global array (which I already have too many) and also would have to pre-define which unit configs would be used.

Man, really glad about your feedback!

BTW An update (still beta smile_o.gif ) will be available probably today (with fixed stuff that Q reported + some more).

you might wanna get into subversion to control your changes. i ll give you a heads up later. smile_o.gif

I meant something like a 1.00b1 or similar (1.00.1b).

Also tacrod is helping me with the SoW saving, so it should also be implemented soon.

SoW will be definitely implemented in GDCE full!

I finally understood the thing, so until ArmA comes out (which will I hope solve the saving) it will work this way:

You won't use the ingame save and load options at all. You start a mission, play it. It saves while you rest (ingame smile_o.gif ). You exit. When you want to play again, start a new mission, and at your tent select "load game" and your old game is loaded. The only thing is that if you're using DAC, it will have to init on every load. Sorry, no workaround for this. But I think this is satisfying enough.

In short: in GDCE full release, a full experience (DAC and no loading prob) but the loading will be a bit lengthy.

Bugs fixed in the next update (until now):

- fixed medevac debug message

- fixed convoy self destruction in "ambush convoy" mission

- fixed soldiers trapped inside the tent in "support defence" mission

- fixed wind that was constant all the time once initialised.

- removed nonexistent music track

- altered the base destruction check in "attack" mission, so it could be finished more easily (in the older version, you could be in the situation of hunting down patrols in the area, even if you destroyed the whole base)

Probably more to come.

In the beginning there was Operation Flashpoint CwC.

And then, tacrod created Counter Insurgency

And then, Sanctuary created the DMA Dynamic War template

And then, honchoblack created Dynamic Afghanistan

And then, kutya created the Generic Dynamic Campaign Engine

Amen biggrin_o.gif

smile_o.gif

The bugs encountered by this time are fixed. The only that I know of is the SF insertion heli problem. That will need time.

An updated changelog (sorry for repeating):

- altered the base destruction check in "attack" mission, so it could be finished more easily (in the older version, you could be in the situation of hunting down patrols in the area, even if you destroyed the whole base)

- all support should inform you when the destination of the support is set

- drop support marker action available earlier, to avoid heli flying above you and returning

- squadmates crewed in a vehicle or MG, will now also be put in the insertion/extracion heli (and medevac if needed)

- fixed radio use issues. In rare ocassions, the "use radio" action remained at the wrong soldier

- fixed problem of resting till next day (thus resupply never came)

- artillery works different. You have 5 strikes available, but when you use the 1st you lose 3 value levels. The following strikes aren't affecting value level. This is changed because wind, and dispersion are implemented, so accuracy is greatly reduced. This way, you'll have 4 opportunities to correct your shot, without penalty. I think 3 values are a reasonable price for 5 strikes.

Won't release the update today, because I don't want to leave that crappy SF heli, and also want to finally do the SoW saving. When I manage this, we'll be close to a full release. But all of you should still report bugs whistle.gif I think it's important to all those who want to use this.

Thought about Q's suggestion for fast insertion. I'll remove the time acceleration disabler, but won't do fast insertion. That would need too much work with the current architecture. I think this is a compromise.

As always, suggestions welcome biggrin_o.gif

hi kutya smile_o.gif

I could not test the mission yet extensively, but I have a small idea concerning the many global variables.

This for example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

GDC_MTNone = 100

GDC_MTPatrol = 101

GDC_MTAmbush = 102

GDC_MTAttack = 103

GDC_MTRaid = 104

GDC_MTDefend = 105

GDC_MTHeliDown = 106

GDC_MTMercs = 107

GDC_MTAssass = 108

GDC_MTDemo = 109

GDC_MTMIA = 110

GDC_MTAmbConv = 111

GDC_MTSupp = 112

GDC_MTDefConv = 113

GDC_AllowPatrol = 1

GDC_AllowAmbush = 1

GDC_AllowAttack = 1

GDC_AllowRaid = 1

GDC_AllowDefend = 1

GDC_AllowHeliDown = 1

GDC_AllowMercs = 1

GDC_AllowAssass = 1

GDC_AllowDemo = 1

GDC_AllowMIA = 1

GDC_AllowAmbConv = 1

GDC_AllowSupp = 1

GDC_AllowDefConv = 1

GDC_AllowInser = true

GDC_AllowExtra = true

GDC_AllowMedevac = true

GDC_AllowSmoke = true

GDC_AllowSF = true

GDC_AllowGround = true

GDC_AllowAirStrike = true

GDC_AllowAirSupp = true

GDC_AllowArtillery = true

GDC_UsedSmoke = true

GDC_UsedSF = true

GDC_UsedAirStrike = true

GDC_UsedGround = true

GDC_UsedAirSupp = true

GDC_UsedMortar = true

GDC_UsedArtillery = true

GDC_MinDayTime = 5

GDC_MaxDayTime = 19

GDC_RestTime = 5

GDC_HealTime = 1

GDC_RearmTime = 0.5

GDC_ResupplyDay = 3

GDC_DaysSinceResupply = 0

GDC_TroopDiedPen = 3

GDC_EnemyDiedPen = -1

GDC_CivDiedPen = 2

GDC_CriticalDiedPen = 10

GDC_MissDiedPen = 3

GDC_SuppDiedPen = 3

GDC_Value = 1000

GDC_Support = 200 + random 75

GDC_Success = 10

GDC_ObjMarkDisp = 400

GDC_MisCom = false

GDC_MisFail = false

GDC_UseNVG = true

It concerns only variables, which contain either a numeric value, or true/false.

The idea is that the values are stored in the coordinates of the waypoints from a logic unit.

Each waypoint can store 2 different values.

Normally your Vars was initialized e.g. in such a way:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

MyGameVar_0 = 100

MyGameVar_1 = 150

MyGameVar_2 = 200

MyGameVar_3 = 250

MyGameVar_4 = 300

MyGameVar_5 = 350

MyGameVar_6 = 400

MyGameVar_7 = 450

MyGameVar_8 = 500

MyGameVar_9 = 550

MyGameVar_10 = true

MyGameVar_11 = true

MyGameVar_12 = false

MyGameVar_13 = false

MyGameVar_14 = true

MyGameVar_15 = false

MyGameVar_16 = true

MyGameVar_17 = true

MyGameVar_18 = true

MyGameVar_19 = false

In the following example the variables, which are local now, are initialized:

_MyGameVar_0 = 100

_MyGameVar_1 = 150

_MyGameVar_2 = 200

_MyGameVar_3 = 250

_MyGameVar_4 = 300

_MyGameVar_5 = 350

_MyGameVar_6 = 400

_MyGameVar_7 = 450

_MyGameVar_8 = 500

_MyGameVar_9 = 550

_MyGameVar_10 = true

_MyGameVar_11 = true

_MyGameVar_12 = false

_MyGameVar_13 = false

_MyGameVar_14 = true

_MyGameVar_15 = false

_MyGameVar_16 = true

_MyGameVar_17 = true

_MyGameVar_18 = true

_MyGameVar_19 = false

Now the waypoints of the logic unit are set according to the local variables:

[MyGameLogic,1] setwppos [_MyGameVar_0,_MyGameVar_1]

[MyGameLogic,2] setwppos [_MyGameVar_2,_MyGameVar_3]

[MyGameLogic,3] setwppos [_MyGameVar_4,_MyGameVar_4]

[MyGameLogic,4] setwppos [_MyGameVar_6,_MyGameVar_5]

[MyGameLogic,5] setwppos [_MyGameVar_8,_MyGameVar_6]

if(_MyGameVar_10) then {if(_MyGameVar_11) then {[MyGameLogic,6] setwppos [1,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,6] setwppos [1,0]}} else {if(_MyGameVar_11) then {[MyGameLogic,6] setwppos [0,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,6] setwppos [0,0]}}

if(_MyGameVar_12) then {if(_MyGameVar_13) then {[MyGameLogic,7] setwppos [1,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,7] setwppos [1,0]}} else {if(_MyGameVar_13) then {[MyGameLogic,7] setwppos [0,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,7] setwppos [0,0]}}

if(_MyGameVar_14) then {if(_MyGameVar_15) then {[MyGameLogic,8] setwppos [1,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,8] setwppos [1,0]}} else {if(_MyGameVar_15) then {[MyGameLogic,8] setwppos [0,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,8] setwppos [0,0]}}

if(_MyGameVar_16) then {if(_MyGameVar_17) then {[MyGameLogic,9] setwppos [1,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,9] setwppos [1,0]}} else {if(_MyGameVar_17) then {[MyGameLogic,9] setwppos [0,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,9] setwppos [0,0]}}

if(_MyGameVar_18) then {if(_MyGameVar_19) then {[MyGameLogic,10] setwppos [1,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,10] setwppos [1,0]}} else {if(_MyGameVar_19) then {[MyGameLogic,10] setwppos [0,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,10] setwppos [0,0]}}

Here a small schematic pic:

var2du5.jpg

A further advantage could be that these values in MP Games are synchronized automatically.

Here still a few examples, how the data can be manipulated:

example: If you would like to query the value of “_MyGameVar_13â€, the inquiry would look as follows:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if(((getWPPos [MyGameLogic, 7]) select 1) == 1) then {hint "this var is true"} else {hint "this var is false"}

example: If you would like to change the value of “_MyGameVar_9â€, then it would look in such a way:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_newValue = 100 + random 100

[MyGameLogic,5] setwppos [((getWPPos [MyGameLogic, 5]) select 0),_newValue]

Or you would like to increase the value of “_MyGameVar_2†by 1, then it would look in such a way:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_oldValue = ((getWPPos [MyGameLogic, 2]) select 0)

[MyGameLogic,2] setwppos [(_oldValue + 1),((getWPPos [MyGameLogic, 2]) select 1)]

Then a complete script that shows you all the values by a hint:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">@(time > 1)

goto "SetLogicWPs"

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------

#InitVars

;Here the values are initialized

_MyGameVar_0 = 100

_MyGameVar_1 = 150

_MyGameVar_2 = 200

_MyGameVar_3 = 250

_MyGameVar_4 = 300

_MyGameVar_5 = 350

_MyGameVar_6 = 400

_MyGameVar_7 = 450

_MyGameVar_8 = 500

_MyGameVar_9 = 550

_MyGameVar_10 = true

_MyGameVar_11 = true

_MyGameVar_12 = false

_MyGameVar_13 = false

_MyGameVar_14 = true

_MyGameVar_15 = false

_MyGameVar_16 = true

_MyGameVar_17 = true

_MyGameVar_18 = true

_MyGameVar_19 = false

#SetVarsToWP

;The waypoints of the Logic are set, according to the values, on position

[MyGameLogic,1] setwppos [_MyGameVar_0,_MyGameVar_1]

[MyGameLogic,2] setwppos [_MyGameVar_2,_MyGameVar_3]

[MyGameLogic,3] setwppos [_MyGameVar_4,_MyGameVar_5]

[MyGameLogic,4] setwppos [_MyGameVar_6,_MyGameVar_7]

[MyGameLogic,5] setwppos [_MyGameVar_8,_MyGameVar_9]

if(_MyGameVar_10) then {if(_MyGameVar_11) then {[MyGameLogic,6] setwppos [1,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,6] setwppos [1,0]}} else {if(_MyGameVar_11) then {[MyGameLogic,6] setwppos [0,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,6] setwppos [0,0]}}

if(_MyGameVar_12) then {if(_MyGameVar_13) then {[MyGameLogic,7] setwppos [1,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,7] setwppos [1,0]}} else {if(_MyGameVar_13) then {[MyGameLogic,7] setwppos [0,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,7] setwppos [0,0]}}

if(_MyGameVar_14) then {if(_MyGameVar_15) then {[MyGameLogic,8] setwppos [1,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,8] setwppos [1,0]}} else {if(_MyGameVar_15) then {[MyGameLogic,8] setwppos [0,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,8] setwppos [0,0]}}

if(_MyGameVar_16) then {if(_MyGameVar_17) then {[MyGameLogic,9] setwppos [1,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,9] setwppos [1,0]}} else {if(_MyGameVar_17) then {[MyGameLogic,9] setwppos [0,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,9] setwppos [0,0]}}

if(_MyGameVar_18) then {if(_MyGameVar_19) then {[MyGameLogic,10] setwppos [1,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,10] setwppos [1,0]}} else {if(_MyGameVar_19) then {[MyGameLogic,10] setwppos [0,1]} else {[MyGameLogic,10] setwppos [0,0]}}

#loop2

;Here the values of the waypoints are read in and then written in a temporary array.

;Thats only to show the result.

_cwp = getwppos[MyGameLogic,_nextWPb]

?(_nextWPb > _count):goto "ShowResult"

_VarArray = _VarArray + [(_cwp select 0),(_cwp select 1)]

_nextWPb = _nextWPb + 1

goto "loop2"

#ShowResult

_i = 0;_text = format["MyGameLogic Values:\n-----------------------"]

while "_i < count _VarArray" do {_var = _VarArray select _i;_text = format["%1\nMyGameVar_%2 = %3",_text,_i,_var];_i = _i + 1}

hint format["%1",_text]

;exit

~1

_VarArray = []

_nextWPb = 1

goto "loop2"

#SetLogicWPs

;All waypoints are set to the coordinates [-1,-1]

_nextWPa = 1;_nextWPb = 1;_count = 0;_VarArray = []

#loop1

_cwp = getwppos[MyGameLogic,_nextWPa]

?((_cwp select 0)+(_cwp select 1) == 0):goto "InitVars"

_count = _count + 1

[MyGameLogic,_nextWPa] setwppos [-1,-1]

_nextWPa = _nextWPa + 1

goto "loop1"

var1jk5.jpg

With this example instead of 20 global variables, only 1 Logic with 10 waypoints are used.

Sorry for this big post m8 confused_o.gif

bye

silola

Great post Silola!

It'll take several hours to understand this  nener.gif (to myself)

Thanks for the thorough explanation!

Not that I don't believe this would be good, but it just interests me that what do I get with all of this (I know I'm a noob)? Do 20 globals use more memory than 1 logic + 10 waypoints? I believe you, I just need an explanation.

Thanks again

BTW managed to greatly rework the rearming script something similar to what Q has probably suggested. All inventory definitions are defined by a weapons loadout table and you need not anymore edit rearm.sqs thus reducing the need-to-edit files to 4 (2 inits). Also the ammocrate is filled by the same table. This solution will also enable retrieving the individual loadout of you squad on loading the game (when SoW saving is implemented). This way, you won't start always with your unit's default weapon weapon on load, insted you'll carry the one you was carrying when saved (and the default loadout of that weapon).

EDIT:

@Silola: managed to understand how to make it (didn't need hours smile_o.gif ) but the "why?" question still stands.

I've put on the net an updated beta. It's v1.00.1b. (look for it in the first post)

The list of changes (including the ones mentioned before):

- all support should inform you when the destination of the support is set

- drop support marker action available earlier, to avoid heli flying above you and returning

- squadmates crewed in a vehicle or MG, will now also be put in the insertion/extracion heli (and medevac if needed)

- fixed radio use issues. In rare ocassions, the "use radio" action remained at the wrong soldier

- fixed problem of resting till next day (thus resupply never came)

- artillery works different. You have 5 strikes available, but when you use the 1st you lose 3 value levels. The following strikes aren't affecting value level. This is changed because wind, and dispersion are implemented, so accuracy is greatly reduced. This way, you'll have 4 opportunities to correct your shot, without penalty. I think 3 values are a reasonable price for 5 strikes.

- rearming is now much easier for editing: you have a weapons loadout table in globals.sqs and there you define all the loadouts. All else is automatically done

- the ammocrate.sqs does not need to be edited manually anymore. It is filled automatically

- SoW saving implemented (discussed in the manual)

- fixed rare bug on insertion

- for the first time in GDCE/VTD history, DAC will react to GDCE generated units!

This is still a beta, because some things I still didn't implement. This should be done until the full release:

- saving the status of the respawnable vehicles (you wouldn't notice if I didn't write this)

- modifying the abort mission script

- you will be able to command the AI to destroy the target in demo mission type

- the manuals aren't updated in this release

- SoW saving works but it isn't described anywhere I think. You should only save and load by the in-game actions at the tent.

- don't know about the SF heli. It now behaves OK, which gives me a headache, because I don't know what's the prob, and obviously it happens just on some occassions

For editors: now all you should do for converting GDCE is at globals.sqs + DAC.

I think this version is playable enough to be a full release, but want to polish it some more, because I want to build many things upon this.

welcome.gif : I'd like if someone would make this coop compatible before the full release. Really. I hope I'll do at least a couple of dyn camps based on this, so I think it'll be good if people could play those coop. Like honchoblack's CAT Afghanistan coop.

Have fun and don't forget to tell me your opinion!

Quote[/b] ]

BTW managed to greatly rework the rearming script something similar to what Q has probably suggested. All inventory definitions are defined by a weapons loadout table and you need not anymore edit rearm.sqs thus reducing the need-to-edit files to 4 (2 inits). Also the ammocrate is filled by the same table. This solution will also enable retrieving the individual loadout of you squad on loading the game (when SoW saving is implemented). This way, you won't start always with your unit's default weapon weapon on load, insted you'll carry the one you was carrying when saved (and the default loadout of that weapon).

Excellent, changing it to other weapon models was always very timeconsuming, so this is definatly a very good enhancement, which increases the modability of this mission alot. thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ] - SoW saving works but it isn't described anywhere I think. You should only save and load by the in-game actions at the tent.

I am curiuos to see if this approach could also get rid of the bug with llauma heads that face textures dont load after a normal load of a save game.

Keep it up, looking forward to the final version and your first conversions to different islands and units. wink_o.gif

Nice to hear comments from an experienced guy.

Quote[/b] ]I am curiuos to see if this approach could also get rid of the bug with llauma heads that face textures dont load after a normal load of a save game.

Could you explain this some more? I wouldn't like to do all the converting thing to explore this possiblity. Don't know if it is anything to do with this, but I have 2 init.sqs's (not exactly, but yes). The default one, and one that runs right after mission start. With some heads it can take up to 4-5 secs to be able to set the faces. For example the recently released maxi-hi-res Russian troops (lazy to look for the link, but name is "RF Motorized Infantry and Military Recon v. 3.0 Release"). Toyota Wars does it with about 0.1-0.4 secs.

EDIT: thinking more, maybe the faces could be also saved through SoW. Just an idea. Now disconnecting and playing some DMA Lybia.

The problem I am having with the default load of a save from any mission using Toyota Wars units (which use a variant of the llauma heads, with an seperate facetex pbo) is that the heads are not initiated again since the script that calls for them (init eventhandler) is not re-run again. This will result in the heads loading the default BIS faces, which due to a different mapping dont fit the Toyota Wars units.

With your approach of a savegame, the units are initiated normaly through the missions start and then reset to the save status, thus not loaded ingame but rather reset to the location of the saved game (mission is not reloaded, but rather recreated during a new mission).

This could be easily tested, just assign yourself a toyota wars unit, use the new savegame during a mission, then reload with your new approach (start new mission then loadstatus through the action menu). If you still have a toyota wars face assigned after save, then this is the solution for my problem. smile_o.gif

If I understood it correctly (own intelligency prob. + beer), I'll test it and report.

EDIT: having some comments on Dyn Lybia, but will post in that thread (the above answer too). Just need time to understand how things work in your work.

EDIT2 (alc effect): If I recollect clearly, CAT Afghanistan is based on CoIn, and dyn Lybia on CAT, and I saw that tacrod uses SoW saving. Actually he taught me doing this. You're sure, your work doesn't use SoW saving?

updated 2nd post for a mirror smile_o.gif

will try the latest version tomorrow!

Quote[/b] ]Keep it up, looking forward to the final version and your first conversions to different islands and units.  

Those are the things that keep me doing this biggrin_o.gif

Now that you made it for Lybia, probably my work will be for the updated Tonal. Maybe I'll do something sooner also.

Just some small internal script reworks remain until the full feature list and intended behaviour is completed. So if no bugs appear, a full release will be soon.

Changelog (until now):

1.00.2b

changes:

- fixed Ambush Convoy mission briefing problem

- fixed: DAC didn't respond correctly on GDCE generated enemy units

- mission objective markers now disappear on mission end (and not on completion as before)

- added a SAVED GAME STATUS action at the tent, which gives you information on the saved game, so you can decide if you want to load it, or continue the current one

- added mission count to status

- support which should be peaceful, will no more engage enemy troops

Just a small presentation of the saved game status:

status.jpg

Things that will be done until the full release:

- manual update

- east/west support (2 versions of the mission)

- the missions for editing will have some debug values set to help you editing and the markers will be all nicely set up so you see what is what (unlike the demo campaign which will be ready for playing)

- saving the status of the respawnable vehicles

- modifying the abort mission script

- you will be able to command the AI to destroy the target in demo mission type

A demo campaign (only 1 phase) with full features implemented (DAC will also be in! ). And this time saving/loading should work! So you will be able to actually end (with many loads and saves) the campaign altough DAC is running.

If someone noticed some bugs not mentioned in this thread, please report them soon, because it wouldn't be nice to change GDCE full every couple of days mad_o.gif  

Thanks for your attention smile_o.gif

Modified the first post a bit. Added an area below default GDCE where will be listed the conversions.

I won't (and can't) hunt down "outlaw" conversions (if they will even appear), but I'd like to ask you that if you finish a nice conversion for GDCE, please report it and send a link, so I could include it in the first post. And please send a description.

EDIT: added a feature that will enable you to carry over campaign data to the next one, if you connect more GDCE missions into a real campaign. So in the next phase, stats like level, mission count, day count etc. are continued from the previous phase. All this by setting a single boolean.

Bye

There won't be a v1.00.2b.

The next version will be the full release.

v1.00

changes (full list since the last version):

- fixed Ambush Convoy mission briefing problem

- fixed: DAC didn't respond correctly to GDCE generated enemy units

- mission objective markers now disappear on mission end (and not on completion as before)

- added a SAVED GAME STATUS action at the tent, which gives you information on the saved game, so you can decide if you want to load it, or continue the current one

- added a CURRENT STATUS action at the tent, which gives you more detailed information on the current status, than the radio dialog

- added mission count to status

- support which should be peaceful, will no more engage enemy troops

- saving respawnable vehicles also

- fixed: AI was unable to attack the mission objective in some demolition missions, because the vehicle was empty. Now all the vehicles are crewed so all can be ordered to attack by AI

- made possible to carry some data through the phases of the campaign (if there are more) like value level, mission count, day count, etc.

- at the end of the campaign, ALL relevant data from objects.sav is deleted (relevant for people who use missions with SoW saving). It's a very low probabiliy that another mission uses the same variables as GDCE

Need to do the other things I promised like the manual updates, east/west mission templates and the demo campaign. The current version is fully functional and ready for converting. The remaining things I do for you guys, to ease your life smile_o.gif

Release soon.

Bye

sorry i didnt found the time today. hopefully tomorrow ... will do a WGL conversion the same go then