Sign in to follow this  
F4llen_

M8 Assault Riffle - minipack

Why was this cancelled any way? like alot of U.S projects befor.

Why was the AGS project cancelled? It usually doesn't make sense why.

It may be based on the action of the G36, but it is a much better all-round weapon. Reliable, accurate, stable (not to mention the excellent mag change system) The U.S army scapped this for the same reason Crye Multicam Camoflage pattern was scrapped....cost.

It was a matter of budgeting, not simply the cost. We may be the weathiest country and spend a large portion of it on our military, but money isn't infinite, and you need to draw the line at some point.

We're fighting a global war. More needed to be spent on logistics than on researching a weapon which more than likely wouldn't be in the field for another 5 or 10 years.

We were actually briefed on the weapon a few months back, after a number of us in the lower end of the chain of command were asking about it.

According to the 'higher ups', weapon doctrine currently revolves around having a tried and true weapon (m4 variants) with advanced and expensive optics, instead of a virgin rifle of the same cost.

It would take years to produce, re-equip, re-train, and field our army with this weapon. Being in a war isn't the best time to do that.

I love the M8 rifles there so futuristic lol. May i give a suggestion by also adding ammo boxes and the gun itself by itself. I like making maps that u sneak in and steal experimental weapons and these guns would go perfect. Anyway if u cant thats fine. Great gun and 3 times better then mapfacts M8 pack. Great job and keep up the good work thumbs-up.gif

I love the M8 rifles there so futuristic lol.  May i give a suggestion by also adding ammo boxes and the gun itself by itself.  I like making maps that u sneak in and steal experimental weapons and these guns would go perfect.  Anyway if u cant thats fine.  Great gun and 3 times better then mapfacts M8 pack.  Great job and keep up the good work thumbs-up.gif

what do you mean? elaborate please

u mean an ammo crate with em in?? u could allways use teh place holder scripts i guess

I could but it be alot easier if they came with there own ammo crate and the gun by itself cuz i like to make missions where u sneak in and steal stuff biggrin_o.gif

like i said placeholders, check the many tutorials available to see what i mean if u dont know wink_o.gif

The gun by itself can be cam-crated or use the place-holder script. To make a gun "object" would be pointless when such easy-to-use and viable alternatives are available. Ammo crates can be done easily by adding the weapons and ammo to an empty crate. Problems solved.

So here is my first addon. At this time it is a beta, which contains only M8 with ironsight and combatsight. The final version will have a version with XM320 and maybe in the future i will add more versions like sharpshooter, compact, etc.

any kind of updates?

xm8qx2.th.jpg

My new hobby Airsoft and this my rifle!

nice job! i just noticed this addon...

now make it for arma and do the scar! biggrin_o.gif