Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

ROFLCOPTER & PETER PAN RELEASED!

bizarre... kind of amusing... although this 'release' does somewhat remind me of this bbc3 program:

Linky

tounge2.gif

zOMG!!!1!!!!!11 Dis here adddon ,wait module rly pwnz evryting elze out ther mang.

Quote[/b] ]Please, they're called modules. Don't disrespect this man's work with such a filthy word like addons confused_o.gif

ha ha, maybe you can pursuade BIA into adopting this modual into VBS and charging us 49.99 for it, its a must have for security training, roflcopter extraction's and Peterpan suicide bombers etc..

This isn't realistic.

* American ROLFCopters have 2 ORLY scouts attached to skids.

* Your rotor rounds are 3Hz off.  You're welcome in advance.

* Camo's good for urban ops but isn't changing hue in sunlight elsewhere?

* Redo Pan's uniform.  Wrinkle near the top is not how he does it IRL.

* I would like the ability to land upside down for tactical insertions.

* Hitting trees still causes crash/death.  Seems wrong.

* No cupholders

Let me know if you need anymore criticism.

hahahaha biggrin_o.gif

When will the M4 addon come?

hahahaha biggrin_o.gif

Exactly my thoughts..

when will the OMGSNIPERM4AUTOMATICHOWIZTER gun come? biggrin_o.gif

any1 know if peter pan can fly? :p

Hi, it was planned but DanAK47 couldn't get it to work for some reason or another. If you open the rofl_pan.pbo you will see that there are some animations for flying that aren't being used. We considered giving him a magic carpet but that would have been just wrong.

dmakatra, lol, not as much of an attack as it is a parody. It seems like everyone is jumping on the VBS1 style bandwagon these days with silly black and orange text and such. And everyone has to have a studio. I'll admit that I just made these modules in a normal room.

I would like to add some more things like WTFbombs to the ROFLcopter in the future (yes, helicopters dropping bombs) and also I would like to make a LMAOplane with an AFKcannon (I started on one then stopped because the ASCII text version is a little bit more difficult to conceive in 3D compared to the ROFLcopter). I would make a LOLLERskater too if there wasn't so much work involved in making a new soldier model.

I made a LMAOtank (or it may have been an LOLtank - can't remember) but it was simple a 3/4 scale Abrams, and it really wasn't that great anyway.

Edit: By the way, if a LOLLERskater does get made (doubt it) he would most certainley be armed with an AFK47 and be the crewmember of all internet acronym vehicles. But don't count on that happening ;-).

And everyone has to have a studio. I'll admit that I just made these modules in a normal room.

Yes, that 'studio' thing is so childlish.

Well, good luck with your PROJECT. When ended, I'll make a (parody) mission with it. wink_o.gif

hahahaha biggrin_o.gif

If it is made by blackdog, please call it a module. I am getting tired of restating this thumbs-up.gif

I just noticed a really dumb bug in Peter Pan. When he's standing still, he's breathing like he just ran a mile. If I had to guess, it's a mistake in the config that I made when I was adjusting the pathnames and classes.

Until I fix it, everyone will just have to cope with a Peter Pan with asthma, since I know all of you are probably going to be playing with these for hours.

I will also update it so the modules are on the Resistance side and not civilian, and also so I can make a few more "Man (girly) classes for example Man (Girly) with AK47, etc.

Another interesting addon would be a broomstick. One that you can shoot darts out of. Or a flying ET bicycle.

This "module" made me laugh for a couple of min's! Thank's tounge2.gif But could someone please tell me how this module could be used in a mission? And why is everyone going overboard with the "praises" crazy_o.gif

Bombs ?

My god this peter pan needs locking up, look what happened when

i let him loose with a bomb smile_o.gif

peter pan hero or tard ?

P.S top "module" , any chance of a side kick ?

HAHAHAH, thats freaking awesome dude. Well done notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gifyay.gif

Bombs ?

My god this peter pan needs locking up, look what happened when

i let him loose with a bomb smile_o.gif

peter pan hero or tard ?

P.S top "module" , any chance of a side kick ?

Deano, that video had me laughing my ass off.

You are the next Spike Lee or Steven Spielberg.

Your film featured spectacular and gripping action, I felt like I was practically in the game fighting against the evil Captain Hook.

One serious suggestion though, either crank up the brightness settings in your movie recording program or make it a little later in the day because it was kind of hard to see.

Another thing that I need to do is make it so the FFAR's on the chopper alternate from side to side when firing, so you can see the LOL's.

A question, did you do this to insult people that have, so called, addon-/missionstudios, or did you do it for fun?

Or, did you do this to have an excuse to go spam on the forums with random crap about some 'module'.

Blah-blah-blah, I say

confused_o.gif

Lol sorry bout that, i cant play ofp anyother time than 5.15, that skyline keeps me off the streets wink_o.gif.

Btw when the ffar fires , can the missiles be in the shape of a Cat that screams,(awaits death threats). only ask cause the neighbours cats driving me mad and i need some retribution fix.

smile_o.gif

This addon has changed my life in several ways. The thing flies really well, and the textures are pure artwork!

Job well done!..

I give it four out of five possible Ben Afflects.

ben_affleck_4.jpgben_affleck_4.jpgben_affleck_4.jpgben_affleck_4.jpg

J W. It's a game on the edge of ArmA induced death. Take everything written in this thread with a pinch of salt.   wink_o.gif

Great vid deano.  rofl.gif

EDIT: I love the way the synth voice says retaarrrd.

This is module

Two 5min addons are not modules.

How dare you mad_o.gif. A wonderful module is presented to the community and look how you treat it. I suggest leaving this topic before someone like Hellfish comes in here pistols.gif

This is module

Two 5min addons are not modules.

Hi, if you can make both of these modules with sounds and config in five minutes then I am truly impressed.

While the ROFLcopter may have taken an hour to model initially, we also completely did a lot of the regeometry LODS from the ground up (that took around 20 minutes) after I found that the helicopter was nearly impossible to shoot down when it was just the regular ROFLcopter model in the Fire Geo lods and Geo. The sound took five minutes to perfect the loop on.

Some of the people who have been on this forum for a long time probably remember when I first posted about the ROFLcopter. That must have been almost a year and a half ago. It wasn't released because I didn't know what the hell I was doing. I still don't know what the hell I'm doing but I got some of the huge bugs fixed and I am still tweaking the addon now.

Peter Pan took a lot more time. It was originally conceived months ago and only in the past week have I really done anything with it. I changed the paths to reflect naming standards (which I'll admit I didn't register, but I doubt "rofl" is taken either) at OFPEC with a hex editor. DanAK47 devoted a few hours to make him fly (a failed effort, unofrtunately), and to make the animations, and to tweak one of his existing soldier models to fit it. I spent 10 minutes on lining up the body textures and then another 10 on the face texture alone.

My time totals aren't impressive but for something not intended as a serious addon I really could not imagine putting forth any more effort than that.

This addon is no better or worse than Floobie the Kamikaze Watermelon or Teh Crap Mud!!1

If I wanted to spam the forums I wouldn't devote hours of my time on an addon to have an excuse for doing it.

Quote[/b] ]A module is a self-contained component of a system, which has a well-defined interface to the other components; something is modular if it includes or uses modules which can be interchanged as units without disassembly of the module. Design, manufacture, repair, etc. of the modules may be complex, but this is not relevant; once the module exists, it can easily be connected to or disconnected from the system.

It's very much an OFP "module" if you ask me.

This addon was not intended to start a flame war, so as Daniel says please take everything in this thread with a pinch of salt.

I was going to ask how long it would be until someone started complaining about how modules like this are ruining FP.

I can see that has already happened. wink_o.gif

Hi, while it's not the most useful or realistic addon for OFP at all, I must tell you that I would never consider releasing something like this for Armed Assault. OFP started going downhill 2 years ago. Attempts at standardization of quality have failed over and over again due to addon authors not collaborating or agreeing and I really hate to see that. All of the great "quality control" initiatives came too late in the game for Operation Flashpoint.

I hope that someone - or a council of people - will do as OFPEC did for standardization of things but on a much larger scale. An independant quality control addon built by a collaboration of modmakers needs to be released as soon as possible for Armed Assault. Things like ammunition damage values, plane armaments, scripting such as ejection seats and rapelling, as well as sounds should be standardized early in the game, and these things should be updated on a regular basis as better sounds are found, or as weapon values are tweaked, or as new bombs and other things are added. There should be a website on which all addons complying by the quality control pack are recognized. I could elaborate further but this is really not the thread to do it on.

Sorry about going off on a tangent there.

Excuse me if I'm nitpicking, but why oh Lord, is Peter Pan not jam-compatibile? Blackdog, this is not a forgivable mistake, you can't let this happen again! mad_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Daniel @ Sep. 03 2006,20:45)]J W. It's a game on the edge of ArmA induced death. Take everything written in this thread with a pinch of salt.   wink_o.gif

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one if i were you tounge2.gif On the edge of armed assualt release? Hmm somehow i think not wink_o.gif

A question, did you do this to insult people that have, so called, addon-/missionstudios, or did you do it for fun?

Or, did you do this to have an excuse to go spam on the forums with random crap about some 'module'.

Blah-blah-blah, I say

confused_o.gif

the only one who's doing the Insulting is you J W. by showing lack of respect towards Blackdog. you honestly think that Blackdog would come in here and waste everyone's time? so he could gain a bigger post count? I sure as hell don't think he would do that. not the law abiding citizen he is.

Now I understand that you may not be the biggest Peter pan fan here. Maybe you grew up watching sesame street or lazy town. But some of us older (and more mature members) grew up watching captain hook and Peter pan. and i understand that you may not understand what all the jazz is all about. And I really can help that, but I do ask. that you be more understanding towards other people's feelings.