Sign in to follow this  
VladAlex

Relative and absolute altitude ???

Hello !

Is it possible to give a absolute altitude to an object ?

Im trying to make an elevated road object and i want all my road elements have exactly the same altitude relative to the level of sea and no relative to the height of earth.

When selecting you ground vertices press: shift-e

A window should pop up where you can check some

properties like:

above surface

under surface

height fence

on surcafe

i think this is what you're after

Try playing around with them and don't forget to press 'apply'

after you changed something (in your highway) wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

Yep... I try to manage with that all the night. But it dont work. Because Above surface or Under surface are relative to... THE SURFACE ! sad_o.gif

No, i was thinking for a more complicated way. Is it possible to give a absolute atlitude (from the level of sea ?) for an object in the cpp ?

And, it's not for my highway wink_o.gif I'm making a lot of others road stuff... whistle.gif

OMG OMG OMG OMG ! yay.gif I succeed ! I found a way to make my dream become reality. Unfortunatly, I spend my weekend far from my computer. So, i will show you screens next week...

1. in the config of your object, add at the init eventhandler to camcreate a box addon( self created in 02)

2. Add a script in the eventhandler to setpos the box at 0 height far away in the corner of the map - xyz coordinates.

3. Add another script to your object to take reference height from the box each time your object is loaded ingame.

Thus, whenever your object loads, the object will reference height to the sea level always, no matter what the tides are. This is the concept. I dont have a exact script with me, but if you want, you can download my Tarawa ship addon to check for the script. I used it offload the cargo whenever my boat moves 1 meter above sealevel which will always be land height.

Just one way to skin the cat. wink_o.gif