Sign in to follow this  
dave8

Codeblue ACU

I got this off my online subscription from a website. I thought this would be a good place to post it since it is busy here and since this addon is the closest to resemble it. This is a fine example of what a modern ACU loadout should look like.

ACU.JPG

Note the Parka.

Edit: Just making note of the parka's presence and not assuming it should be added to every ACU addon.

Well, I rounded up the kneepads, replaced some AT weapons with JAM AT weapons, changed a few settings here and there, fixed a few bugs, made the grass a little bit more cpu friendly (but not enough in my opinion), changed up the leg model a bit.

Things I'm working on: currently designing the island, tried re-making a semi-realistic mission that I used for beta testers before, am currently fixing weapon models and textures, dirtying up the soldiers, cleaning the addons up, trying to lower texture count, and I am going to incorporate laser's weapons. I'll need his permission though. I think I'll model and texture my own M40a3.

Baker's helping out, so let's all clap for him.

New screens will come out when I feel satisfied with everything.. or just a certain thing. I'll be back soon

Baker's helping out, so let's all clap for him.

*Claps* Lets do this right Baker. All of BIS is now counting on you..

No Pressure.

BIS? Eh? Haha - don't think they need help with their ACU, apart from a few glaring errors I'd have to say they've gotten it quite alright (and very moddable, once I get my hands on it).

there are currently 16 textures with 1899 polys on the max LOD (for the rifleman model at least.. m203 guy has the most at 1991).. texture count is still coming down steadily though.. I'll keep you guys posted on the texture count

hmm

try oxygens texture merging option

it works pretty good

eg i used that on my marines

they now only use 3 textures overall

heres some pics

http://www.virtualbattlespace.info/mkporta....461.jpg

http://www.virtualbattlespace.info/mkporta....458.jpg

http://www.virtualbattlespace.info/mkporta....457.jpg

http://www.virtualbattlespace.info/mkporta....445.jpg

http://www.virtualbattlespace.info/mkporta....444.jpg

anyway if you dont really know how to use it feel free to pm me m8 smile_o.gif

lol I'm using it now.. it's actually really nifty.. thanks for watching my back

and holy shit that's awesome work!! I'm jealous!  notworthy.gif

I think yours are the best looking addons yet by far.. you should show BIS and get a modeling/texturing job  biggrin_o.gif

I'm considering using Lluama's head model.. does anyone know if there are other faces for it besides its default face?

btw.. RIP Steve Irwin

these are my own

some parts are bia tho (eg hands heads)

goggles are made by dasquade (thx m8)

I'm considering using Lluama's head model.. does anyone know if there are other faces for it besides its default face?

Please dont, I want support for custom BIS faces in MP, without having to jump through hoops and have to make a completely new one based on the "new" format.

Yeah please dont use Lluama's head even if they do look great but i agree with Jackal with the MP poblems.

Anyway looking good.

I also agree with jackal. Operation Faceplant's ACU use the Lluama head model. So thats covered. It would be nice to have some ACU troops with BIS faces.

It wouldn't take much to release two versions. Maybe an extra 5 - 10 minutes per model. It's up to you, really.

Abs

EDIT: To answer your question, yes there are more faces than the default one. Some people were working on converting the Ghost Recon faces to fit on Llaumas head.

maybe share it with the rest of the world as well?? xmas_o.gif

maybe share it with the rest of the world as well?? xmas_o.gif

X 2. Would love to know how it works.

nah, smile_o.gif

i´m charging 15$ per Oxygen tip now biggrin_o.gif

kiddin

yar im preparing some things smile_o.gif

Can't wait to put it in action! smile_o.gif I must bow down once again your highness notworthy.gif

LOL. keep serious smile_o.gif

and lets dont hijack this thread anymore

last post of this kind

now you post pics dave8!

lol well, here are more pics.. this time of my multicam troops that weren't very well known... I still need to skinny up the body a bit... As you can see, the island is less grass intense... I'll lower the texture size next and then start adding trees, buildings, and the such.. I still need to get permission from BRG to edit his grass texture.. Or I'll just make my own or something.

multicamhh9.jpg

multicam2pu9.jpg

Well, you can see that I'm using JAM AT type weapons and I'm also starting to use custom animations, and lord do they make a world of difference. I still need to add gear to these multicam guys (1728 faces for the interested, but it is definately going to go up along with the gear, with 13 textures. Since this is before I worried about the texture count, it is bound to lower a lot). Talking about texture count, I could only lower the rifleman to 7 textures. I hope you guys enjoy still..

i assume you got the pics from militarymorons.

if so the helment is a MICH

the one u have on your dudes looks pretty squeezed sad_o.gif

just resize it a bit.

maybe another suggestion

instead of using the MICH y dont you make that funky new helemt thats currently going thru evaluation

(like seen in graw)

i think i have some pics of the real one somewhere on my HD

its something with "rundschnitt" or? rofl.gif

do i see right that the russians use multicam? so their equipment will work still in war? -> thought the usa will use it as nightwoodland camo ... thought wrong ...

anyway ... nice soldiers ... interested in playing again with codeblue ..

greez ... -> neffe2 ... oder doch 1 aushilfe? nener.gif

außerdem fehlt mir die lauraaa whistle.gif

Excellent work can't wait for realeaseee!!

This ACU man will be awesome

They will have desert camo ?

thumbs-up.gif