Sign in to follow this  
Spinal Tap 84

Best Island(s) List

Some of the VE islands are impresive.

Really like Jelhalabat and CAT Afghanistan.

And really like Trinity.

FDF Rukajärvi (winter).. Lots of new objects and the ice was a simple but clever move.

It's been over 5 years since last post:/ C'mon guys - no new interesting islands over that time? Keep'em coming - don't be shy;)

ps.

I'd vote for making this thread sticky.

[GSS] Afghanistan by Crazy Soldier

Most Immersive island for me while playing mp coops, those hills are really killer, and it feels really good when you see a RPG comming from one of those cliffs

I feel like I need to mention Rezina. A very good island that is quite immersive and does not require a lot of additional addons.

Other good Islands: Kodiak (Someone needs to re-do/"complete" this island :)), DMA Libya, Afghan Everon (Really good island with a low addon requirement) and last but not least, Ivtiliac

hi,

I feel like I need to mention Rezina. A very good island that is quite immersive and does not require a lot of additional addons.

Other good Islands: Kodiak (Someone needs to re-do/"complete" this island :)), DMA Libya, Afghan Everon (Really good island with a low addon requirement) and last but not least, Ivtiliac

Agree. Kodiak is one of the best island I ever seen and there's summer/winter version. There's bug with city hall building who need to be resetposed to ground level (sumer version) but overall it is good made and very AI firendly. I have no clue how to remake an island but some 1024x1024/2048x2048 ground textures like symbiot/Atherakhia Retextured Malden and Berghoff's Nature Pack or even Nogova trees would be nice addition.

Afghan everon is a nice island but porblem is there's an ammo bug at [0,0,0] when some type of vehicles are placed on the map. That's why this island never ran really smoothy (especially in MP). This bug is very easy to reproduce: place 5 BMP somewhere on the map, place the player left bottom of the map (near [0,0,0]) and you'll see a lot of secondaryWeaponHolder (little bags) on the ground at [0,0,0,]. More there's vehicles, more there's secondaryWeaponHolder. In MP you can multiplicate the number of secondaryWeaponHolder by the number of players then you can easily reach 200-500 secondaryWeaponHolder which create tremendous ammobug. Needless to say that this ammobug have big impact on performance. Fortunetly, there's some scripting solution to detect and delete the [0,0,0] ammobug at the mission start. This bug also exist on Chernobyl island and maybe on other islands.

Retextured Afghanistan is also a good remake of CAT_afghanistan. And there's no [0,0,0] ammobug :D.

cya.

Nikiller.

I really like some islands from VTE, they have a great feel, and their vegetation doesn't has too many problems with the lods and AI

MAPFACTs --NOGOVA 2 with all new textures and objects is a fantastic island

ANJOU v3.0 --is a wonderful WWII french map that's both big and Beautifully detailed-you can really see the effort the small team has put in with that one.

FDF_AL MALDAJAH --a great desert map based on MALDEN by the ever Quality FDF team

DMA_LIBYA --is another fabulous deserty type map with great airports/urban areas-lots of well thought out army bases etc to make missions with!

FDF_RUKAJARVI (2 identical maps-one summer/one winter) --only small but full of lovely details..all unique models...rural northern europe circa WWII (but all these period maps can be reused with modern vehicles for present day ops)

PHOENIX (and/or) GAIA islands--great HUGE island maps with a bit of everything: mountains/woodlands/deserts/swamps etc all well thought out and great for BIG engagements

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head, but each one of these are WELL worth D/L'ing, I've had years of fun with these maps, hope you all like them too:biggrin_o:

Happy Gaming:)- ENJOY---ZTK