Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

Interview on friday by Electronic sports

There was'nt alot of news for the regular OFP-player, but by the sound of it there was tons of it for the mainstream-players.

That's true.

I hope to see/take part in some more in-depth interviews, meant for the OFP player.

I believe the aim here was to put Arma on the mainstream-map to open some more eyes towards it.

Ah so you're one of the interviewers there.

You had some very valid questions there.

BIS will host a recording of the entire interview shortly so everyone who was'nt there can listen to what they missed.

Now.. back to poking Paul for the question about the rpglauncher-slot.

I'm still listening to the radio broadcast, after the interview was done with Placebo and some music came on I heard a ICQ message sound come through lol. Is this just played through someones MP3 list, it sure sounds like it the way some songs were changed.

I've recorded it and upped it to here if anyone wants it. It's 50 minutes long (I cropped out the bits that weren't ArmA related and a section where they repeated a question). Oh, if you hear a WooHoo somewhere in the middle, that's me checking my email!

whistle.gif

The last part (37min - end) is quite interesting.

Modable AI, implement AI behaviours. Great.

Thanks for uploading it, Jaffo. thumbs-up.gif I only caught the last few minutes live.

Jaffo, big thanks!

I liked the part about flight system. I really hope it's something similar to BF2 or better. Choppers and planes are the only things that keep me busy there. wow_o.gif

I have question Placebo, have you ever played a mission for 12 hours and never fired a bullet? hehe rofl.gif

Good interview, or should it be called 'lets stump Placebo' (Poor, poor Blackdog tounge2.gif ) Sounds like all things ArmA are advancing verrry fast at BIS. thumbs-up.gif

@VISTREL - Ofp has a better flight model than BF2 already, BF2's flight model is horrible.

I've recorded it and upped it to here if anyone wants it. It's 50 minutes long (I cropped out the bits that weren't ArmA related and a section where they repeated a question). Oh, if you hear a WooHoo somewhere in the middle, that's me checking my email!

whistle.gif

verry nice. smile_o.gif

My Software suckt.. 5 MB Record no problem. The 80 MB Recordtime: No reaction für saving...

can i upload your file on bis-ingame space?

edit: I cant longer wait^^ i have work... send me please 1 pm or Mail, if you need to delete this File. smile_o.gif

http://www.bis-ingame.net/dl....ffo.mp3

btw: Placebos English is realy elegantly. - in compare of the others. biggrin_o.gif

So is there bullet penetration?

yes.

here are the things i found interesting while listening:

- they haven't done the MP tests yet?

- what admin commands have been added

- 10km viewdistance!!!

- join-in-play is placebo's fav addition

- the AI can be modded?

- animal AI can be modded?

- quicker release of documentation/tools

- only necessary to modify the config to convert from ofp to arma

can i upload your file on bis-ingame space?

Feel free. Share the wealth, as Homer Simpson said!  biggrin_o.gif

I received the recording from the guys on the site and I'll be uploading it shortly to the BIS server for anyone to download smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Placebos English is realy elegantly. - in compare of the others.
British english sounds simply better than the american english does, imho biggrin_o.gif Anyhow, nice and interesting interview!

Nice job, Placebo. I found it strange that the interviewers didn't allow you introduce the game to the non-community audience before asking technical questions. However, I suppose you should expect even the unexpected on live radio. I think a regular radio program would be an awesome way to get in touch with the community and new gamers (hell, it might get updated more than the blog), and we all look forward to more detailed answers to the technical questions.

I received the recording from the guys on the site and I'll be uploading it shortly to the BIS server for anyone to download smile_o.gif

The summary of Jaffo is better. wink_o.gif

> only 47 minutes > smaller > faster > Not so much blabla <smile_o.gif

btw: american english is schlampig ^^ As if a sock is in the mouth. biggrin_o.gifwhistle.gif

Hi Placebo! I have nothing to do with Tigershark, Espectro and such, but can imagine that they've already asked you if you would do a spot on their 'Radio Check' podcast- and just wanted to give you a nudge in that direction if at all possible. It was nice hearing about ArmAs features and troubles in a back and forth manner instead of reading pages and pages. thumbs-up.gif

Hi Placebo! I have nothing to do with Tigershark, Espectro and such, but can imagine that they've already asked you if you would do a spot on their 'Radio Check' podcast- and just wanted to give you a nudge in that direction if at all possible. It was nice hearing about ArmAs features and troubles in a back and forth manner instead of reading pages and pages. thumbs-up.gif

Hey mate

I have nothing in particular to do with RadioCheck, really. But I can assure you that Tigershark have something up his sleeves with an interview with a certain mr. statham wink_o.gif

It will be up early next week wink_o.gif

Ahhhhhhh!!!!! It's finally coming to light!!!! smile_o.gif I can't wait until it comes out! They did implement some of the things we were begging for....sad to see it all can't be in there...which we must all understand. We're demanding, and always want more and more! It would take years to get all the things we want into the game. As for not being able to walk around in vehicles and shoot from them (which would be awsome!wink_o.gif we may not be able to walk around, but nothing is stoping us from making several "turreted" spots in the vehicles for us passangers to try to pick off the enemy on the move! wink_o.gif Yes, I know it's not the same, but we're getting closer and closer!!

Thanks BIS!!!

I liked the interview, but I wish the main host was actually a ofp game user like the special guest! smile_o.gif

Did i hear that the iron sights will be adjustable, or am I crazy?? I need to go listen to the whole thing without people distracting me....

you should enjoy the island its unique like no other from flashpoint and have pactience cause there will be island addons hopfully that are bigger

pistols.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif