Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

Interview on friday by Electronic sports

Sahrani is growing again. tounge2.gif

400 kmË› is not 250 milesË›, it's about 155 milesË›

Unless Placebo meant to say that Sahrani will be 400 x 400 km, which would be a *really BIG* surprise...

Unless Placebo meant to say that Sahrani will be 400 x 400 km, which would be a *really BIG* surprise...

400km (not kmË›) is ~250miles, which is where Placebo made the mistake

400x400km would be incredible. You could spend a year just exploring it all inlove.gif

<s>Friday? 24th of Aug is Thursday.</s>

It starts at 25th of Aug at 4:00 PM (16:00) EST.

Here is the list over starting time in Europe.

Friday at:

21:00 (9:00 PM) in Irland, UK, Portugal and Iceland (WEST/BST time)

22:00 (10:00 PM) in Spain, Andorra, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, San Marino, Vatican, Liechtenstein, Austria, Slovenia, Czech Rep. Slovakia, Croatia, Hungary, Poland, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania and F.Y.R.O.M. (CEST time)

23:00 (11:00 PM) in Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey and Cyprus (EEST time)

EDIT: Date smile_o.gif

Friday? 24th of Aug is Thursday.

It starts at 24th of Aug at 4:00 PM (16:00) EST.

Here is the list over starting time in Europe.

Thursday at:

21:00 (9:00 PM) in Irland, UK, Portugal and Island (WEST/BST time)

22:00 (10:00 PM) in Spain, Andorra, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, San Marino, Vatican, Liechtenstein, Austria, Slovenia, Czech Rep. Slovakia, Croatia, Hungary, Poland, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania and F.Y.R.O.M. (CEST time)

23:00 (11:00 PM) in Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey and Cyprus (EEST time)

No, it's the 25th August.

Quote[/b] ]... Aaron “Bluewolf72†Molloy and the Gamers United crew this 25th of August. So make sure to bring your computer with you 4:00PM eastern this Friday to view the world exclusive ...
Quote[/b] ]

Show Time: August 24th @ 4:00 PM EST.

They must have set two dates by accident confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]... Aaron “Bluewolf72†Molloy and the Gamers United crew this 25th of August. So make sure to bring your computer with you 4:00PM eastern this Friday to view the world exclusive ...
Quote[/b] ]

Show Time: August 24th @ 4:00 PM EST.

They must have set two dates by accident confused_o.gif

I talked to Placebo... He wont be at the interview before friday... So unless they have two shows - it will be on friday

400km (not kmË›) is ~250miles, which is where Placebo made the mistake

400x400km would be incredible. You could spend a year just exploring it all inlove.gif

I think 400 kmË› = 20 km x 20 km

well if the interview is the same old same old ,with added german ,czech and polish publishers found ,ok, but i just downloaded that listen pls file and they playing some top music right now, so its a win win situation.

BTW i had an idea ,how about we ask Bis to make a forum on the net where they can release news to fans and potential customers as well as do the media stuff smile_o.gif. they could call it bis forums or something, we could get all the up to date info and not have to search web smile_o.gif?

joke/ish

btw i think the do mean 20x20 which is about half size of smiley nics afghan.

400 (square kilometers) = 154.440863 square miles

(400 kilometers) x 400 kilometers = 160 000 000 000 m2 lol

btw that listen plsfile on esport needs a NSFW tag ,it just kinda swore alot lol

gamers tend to swear alot biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif mainstream thingy , like drinking cola and eating pizza too.. wink_o.gif

250 miles squared is only about 15.81 miles X 15.81 miles.

I was hoping it would be much bigger.

I'm sure i'll still enjoy though. smile_o.gif

So did i. I hoped it would be like 400 x 400 km....

That wolud really make it worth getting all these

nice PlaneAddons, especially from VIT Labs...

So did i. I hoped it would be like 400 x 400 km....

That wolud really make it worth getting all these

nice PlaneAddons, especially from VIT Labs...

It would also ruin the game especially playing CTI's in MP, do you have any idea how long it would take you to fly a chopper at full speed from one end to the other on a 400km x 400km island? Forget about using tanks and vehicles if you needed to travel from one side to the other, you would be there all day.

And if the island was 400km x 400km we would be waiting another 5 years just for the island to be completed.

250 miles squared is only about 15.81 miles X 15.81 miles.

I was hoping it would be much bigger.

It's not 250 miles squared, it's 154 miles squared. Or 12.4 miles x 12.4 miles.

It would also ruin the game especially playing CTI's in MP, do you have any idea how long it would take you to fly a chopper at full speed from one end to the other on a 400km x 400km island? Forget about using tanks and vehicles if you needed to travel from one side to the other, you would be there all day.

It wouldn't ruin the CTI if you could have at least 1000 ppl playing on the server. inlove.gif Maybe by the time Game 3 comes out we can have so good hardware which can ensure that. biggrin_o.gif

dudes... 400km*400km wouldnt even be fun... You would NEVER get to know the island...

Imagine having to run to the other part of the island...

dudes... 400km*400km wouldnt even be fun... You would NEVER get to know the island...

Imagine having to run to the other part of the island...

Yeah, i remember playing original CWC campaign mission where you have to navigate to safety and evade enemy patrols. Even that felted a long trip by foot. smile_o.gif

It wouldn't ruin the CTI if you could have at least 1000 ppl playing on the server.  inlove.gif Maybe by the time Game 3 comes out we can have so good hardware which can ensure that.  biggrin_o.gif

And who is going to have the $$$ to afford such a server to run 1000 people at a time? the bandwidth and power needed would be rediculas by the server and the clients connected.

One year later, "We found the enemy's first base!!!" yay.gif

And who is going to have the $$$ to afford such a server to run 1000 people at a time?

I have the solution.

Pong.

LMAO notworthy.gif

Yeah, 400sqkm is plenty. Especially when we get someome who wants to get they're air asset freak on and makes the 400 x 400 for air engagements (hmmm.... carriers... SS aircraft.. yeah...)

400 x 400 km would be cool. That's what, the size of some midwestern states in the US? Obviously having a island 400x bigger (area) than the planned zone would be a gigantic technical hurdle. These "OMG what about running across it" "It would also ruin the game especially playing CTI's in MP, do you have any idea how long it would take you to fly a chopper at full speed from one end to the other on a 400km x 400km island?" and other downsides of huge maps are kinda dumbly mentioned. Since is when having more territory than you can 'know' a bad thing? Why would a CTI have to cover the whole island. And traveling long distances would be a nice burden in my opinion. Having to actually refuel, get faster transport, have a 10-20 minute flight time for jets, ect would only serve the game better. OFP is already to the size were walking it is no longer an option.

It's not like there wouldn't be an option to just load sector 23 for OFP sized missions. Realistically you'd probably need 100 or so servers to keep track of that much real estate, with only occupied sectors being modeled on the fly. WWII Online models Northern Europe in 1/2 scale so that's gotta be at least 100mi x 100mi. I think they were just introducing an "ordinance" server to handle bombs and artillery shells that were travelling farther than the player could see/model.

Anyway complete tangent of mental masturbation regarding huge ArmA terrains. I'd rather BIS impliment some kick ass MMORPG style 24/7 battalion-sized forces world code (where you build bases, add missions, ect ect on the fly) for the 20km x 20km ArmA terrain before trying to tackle truely huge spaces. At the point of tackling something like 400 x 400, you'd need 1. the ability to break up the space into "sectors" where the server would only model bubbles where players are 2. multiple server support 3. autogenerate scenery vs hand drawn

When I think 20 km x 20 km I try to picture in my head the old OFP map sizes. I think they were 10 km x 10 km. It's not a huge leap as a HMMWV could drive about 4 laps around the Sahari island before needing gas but it's certainly welcome. ^^

When I think 20 km x 20 km I try to picture in my head the old OFP map sizes. I think they were 10 km x 10 km. It's not a huge leap as a HMMWV could drive about 4 laps around the Sahari island before needing gas but it's certainly welcome. ^^

Nogova was indeed 100kmË›. The other islands were much smaller. You can adjust the fuel a vehicle has in the editor, so you run out of fuel faster wink_o.gif.

I ran out of fuel quite a lot with jeeps, playing a CTI game on nogova. I think it depends on your survival skills.

I ran out of fuel quite a lot with jeeps, playing a CTI game on nogova. I think it depends on your survival skills.

WTF? I've never run out of fuel with any vehical unless it's fuel supply was altered to a low level in the mission.

So you running out of fuel with a jeep in CTI wow you must have used the same jeep for the whole few hours of the game.