Sign in to follow this  
Guest [B.B.S.] T_D

German Publisher

Guest [B.B.S.] T_D

The german website Gamestar.de wrote that the publisher Morphicon will publish ArmA in Germany. I just want to have convinced that by an official.

plzz plzzzzzzzzzz confirm that!

oh i can the see the sun behind those dark clouds... let the sun shine, plzz

Guest Ti0n3r

It's official smile_o.gif

It have to be a fresh information from the GC Germany, I think you can trust in gamestar.de !!!

ARMA yay.gif !!!

They published the UFO series which is part of IDEA Games now, so they must of been impressed by the work they did on UFO to choose Morphicon to publish AA too, but does anyone know anything of their track record?

Jiri Rydl confirmed this information to me.

So, YES its TRUE!

He wrote, this information will be offically released at GC Germany 23.8-27.8. It seems someone didnt hold his mo....

T_D @ Aug. 22 2006,12:23)]The german website Gamestar.de wrote that the publisher Morphicon will publish ArmA in Germany. I just want to have convinced that by an official.

the picture from that link is new, right ? Never seen it before

yeah...gamestar didn't... biggrin_o.gif

---

Quote[/b] ]I think you can trust in gamestar.de !!!

Yeah right...good one... rofl.gif

---

Quote[/b] ]Jiri Rydl confirmed this information to me.

Now this info I trust... biggrin_o.gif

---

3 new screens in the gamestar gallery!

Sweetness! biggrin_o.gif well i just hope they get a publisher to Sweden too smile_o.gif and the rest of the world, hmm maybe they have choosen to get a publisher for each individual country or something?

Like conquering one nation at a time wink_o.gif sounds like a Pr word for a new game biggrin_o.gif

If German version comes out long before English one I will have to take German language course in college.

yay.gif Armed Assault incoming. yay.gif

It was about time that BIS found a Publisher. xmas_o.gif

Now im still hoping for a Benelux publisher, otherwise ill have to order it on the internet.. tounge2.gif

If German version comes out long before English one I will have to take German language course in college.

Or just watch some WW2-movies... wink_o.gif

Well I hope that you can switch language to english just like it was with OFP.

I never liked the german translation in OFP, so I always play it in english... yay.gif

Frankly I'm baffled by BISs inability to gain a major publisher for the sequal to as big a game as OFP but such is life, EA and Co. would rather force feed us crap than quality.

Since BIS seem to be working with individual publishers for different regions I hope they'll to be extremely cautious with they're source code and incredibly strict on release dates.

A worldwide same day release is hard to do especially for a small publisher but delays between releases in one territory and another will equate to lost sales as the temptation of getting something for nothing or getting it now instead of in a month is to strong and piracy becomes an option.

I want ArmA to be a success and if the major publishers think it wont be they're going to be red faced in the months after release if the release is done right.

To get to your audience quick enough and to cut out the middleman would BIS not consider Steam or Direct2Drive as a method of release in regions a publisher cannot be arranged.

Now im still hoping for a Benelux publisher, otherwise ill have to order it on the internet.. tounge2.gif

Well Germany isn't that far then :P

Now im still hoping for a Benelux publisher, otherwise ill have to order it on the internet..  tounge2.gif

But they do have the habit of translating everything in their own language, and i could understand it, but it will give me some trouble wink_o.gif

But they do have the habit of translating everything in their own language, and i could understand it, but it will give me some trouble wink_o.gif

Indeed and censor pretty much everything.

That is no longer the case , the game will simply be not available for people under a certain age, i guess 18 or 16.

OFP was , like everyone elses just localized with subtitles.

Guess it will be the same with armed assault.

Well, first of all, there is no censorship in germany in the way that a game is banished from the market completely.

We have an institution called BPjM (Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien - Federal Department for Media Harmful to Young Persons) which put's a game or movie on an index if it is mainly focusing on violence.

If a game is on this index, the shops and publishers are not allowed to advertise the game and it is only allowed to sell the game to those who are at least 18 years old - but the game is still available.

But as the publishers are not allowed to advertise the game and resulting on this won't get the game selled here, they remove the brutal scenes etc. and publish this version too.

Thats not all correct. Since the Erfurt School-shooting (and the following changes in german law to make it stricter) the USK (Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle = Entertainment Software self control) is the one that's playing a greater role. It's an institution that rates DVDs, Games etc. for how suited they are for children and teenagers - it's pretty much like the ratings in the USA. Companys pay a fee to have their games rated by USK. And if a game has a USK-rating, it can't be put on the index by the BPjM. And because of that, there are more "violent" games on the market in germany today than before the erfurt school-shooting (even if it was not intended) - the games don't get on the index, they just get an "not to be sold to minors"-Rating by USK and can be sold normally.

Totally chaotic and typically german, isn't it? biggrin_o.gif

Thats not all correct. Since the Erfurt School-shooting (and the following changes in german law to make it stricter) the USK (Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle = Entertainment Software self control) is the one that's playing a greater role. It's an institution that rates DVDs, Games etc. for how suited they are for children and teenagers - it's pretty much like the ratings in the USA. Companys pay a fee to have their games rated by USK. And if a game has a USK-rating, it can't be put on the index by the BPjM. And because of that, there are more "violent" games on the market in germany today than before the erfurt school-shooting (even if it was not intended) - the games don't get on the index, they just get an "not to be sold to minors"-Rating by USK and can be sold normally.

Totally chaotic and typically german, isn't it? biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, that sounds german.

The austrian way would've been calling an expert group discussing the whole case to death until noone is interested anymore, then doing a compromise, writing it down in form of a law; but nobody caring about it and life continues the way it ran. biggrin_o.gif

edit: @topic: Sounds like things are getting on way. yay.gif

That is no longer the case , the game will simply be not available for people under a certain age, i guess 18 or 16.

OFP was , like everyone elses just localized with subtitles.

Guess it will be the same with armed assault.

Ah good to hear that. smile_o.gif

DAMN would there be a SE ASIA publisher?

if not i might have to get it online VBS way confused_o.gif

So, just to confirm - if it shows up on shelves in Germany I can order it online and this version will still have the English language selection while bought in Germany?

On a different note do you, guys think that the reason AA still isn't getting a North American distributor is because of the monopoly such monsters as EA put on the market? EA just wants no competition to their Battlefield series. Because face it graphically Battlefield will suck in comparison to the new AA/OFP graphics. AA has all that Battlefield does and more. And graphics is the only thing that does it for BF2. WHY or WHY!!! is BIS so hesitant to go with D2D! Another thing - AA shouldn't be pushing it's release any further if they want to make some money - slotted for Q4 2006 and if pushed into Q1 2007 AA will be facing "Crysis".