Sign in to follow this  
iguanapl

OFP goes to USA

I've done 2 usa like maps for airwolf mod...They are finished in 99%.Airwolf must finished few objects from the move and we are ready to go...

I would like to show you Red Rock island...It's not our main map but it's very detailed.And you don't need to have super pc to play on it.The main map is secret for now and it has much more urban areas whistle.gif

Some pics

redrock1xu0.th.jpg

redrock2hr1.th.jpg

redrock3gx6.th.jpg

redrock4zw1.th.jpg

redrock5by1.th.jpg

redrock6mm0.th.jpg

redrock7vl1.th.jpg

redrock9uw7.th.jpg

Runway lights in USAF base at night...The pic is dark...sorry wink_o.gif

redrock8xa0.th.jpg

The highways were made by agent smith 3 years ago notworthy.gif

Sorry but I can't show the best locations and new objects tounge2.gif

This is cool! Finally I can fight on my homeland! yay.gif

I love the highways. I hate to compare OFP and BF2 but it reminds me of the Armoured Fury pack for BF2.

USA! USA! USA!

Finally a good excuse to use all those muscle cars that were released.

Guest Ti0n3r

Finally ;P

Wow.... very nice island. I hope, it will be suitable for my upcoming SWAT-Missions smile_o.gif

Bridge in construction

redrock10qc3.th.jpg

Did you ever think about where they keep general Guba?

redrock11mn7.th.jpg

Somebody said SWAT?

redrock12wf9.th.jpg

redrock13ir7.th.jpg

New Ocean Island, Star Light Island, and now this... Finally something decent to roam with an AK in! I can already imagine soviet tanks rolling on the highways!

We can finally invade the USA and get it done with.

You know you stand no chance.  pistols.gif

We'll teach your General Wayne Gretzky what the second amendment is all about! tounge2.gif

Most of the screenies resemble the American southwest. Border patrol mod, anyone? Anyway, what kind of varied geography does this island have?

Red Rock is a one big desert and it has some woodland terrain with farms and bigger town.It has cool valley (you can fly F14 in it and fly under the bridges)...

Main map is a secret at the moment but I can tell that it has the biggest CITY in ofp world.I'm working on those islands for 3,5 years...They are finished but I'm waiting for few objects.

And they are good for everything III world war,zombie,aliens,swat,spy and airwolf missions wink_o.gif

We can finally invade the USA and get it done with.

You know you stand no chance.  pistols.gif

Well, you can just waltz right through where I live (Wisconsin). Half of you guys live here already tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Most of the screenies resemble the American southwest.  Border patrol mod, anyone?  Anyway, what kind of varied geography does this island have?

I think that's because he's doing the Airwolf thing. Fits the theme. I'd like to see some northern west coast style maps (with the big trees smile_o.gif ) or northern east coast...

OR we could just make a complelety flat map with alot of farmland textures and call it "Midwest" biggrin_o.gif

Hmm I can't belive no one has though of making these parts of the US before?

Oh yeah because a major battle hasn't happen on US soil since what the war of 1812? People always think of war having to do with europe and the middle-east. But never on the US mainland! wow_o.gif

Civil War... (I think there's a mod for that... whistle.gif)

However, it would take a little imagination to dream up a plausible situation that would result in the invasion of the United States, at least by terrestrial beings. smile_o.gif

holy moly wow_o.gif

finaly! the "soviets" can have something to invade! pistols.gif

cool highways, specialy build for soviet tanks yay.gif

valleys for Su and MiG fighters

we just need something with harbor and we could employ Kuznetsov to take out "the twin towers" rofl.gif (2001.09.11 R.I.P inocent people icon_rolleyes.gif )

just inlove.gif map

Civil War... (I think there's a mod for that... whistle.gif)

Ok well 1812 was the last time USA was invaded.

Well, you can just waltz right through where I live (Wisconsin). Half of you guys live here already tounge2.gif

Uffda, I thought I was the only Wisconsinite around this place!

That is a cool map. Need to look into more "american" style stuff to work with on my island.

Cool...a USA island smile_o.gif

Looks very good and detailed. Keep up your good looking work.

I thought Japan took parts of Alaska during WWII.

Considered USA soil

I thought Japan took parts of Alaska during WWII.

Considered USA soil

Correct:

Quote[/b] ]# 1942 - Japanese invade Alaska's Aleutian Islands. As part of the defense of the West Coast, the Alaska Highway is built in the amazingly short time of eight months and 12 days, linking Anchorage with the rest of the nation. Anchorage enters the war years with a population of 7,724 and emerges with 43,314 residents.

# 1943 -

* January, 1943 - US convoy of 70 ships moved to Alutian theater.

* January 12, 1943 - Army forces occupy Amchitka, Aleutian Islands.

* January 30, 1943 - Naval Station, Akutan Harbor, Fox Island, Alaska, is established.

* February 18, 1943 - Two cruisers and four destroyers bombard Japanese installations at Holtz Bay, and Chichagof Harbor, Attu, Aleutian Islands.

* February 24, 1943 - Naval Air Facility, Amchitka, Alaska, is established.

* March 1, 1943 - Naval Auxiliary Air Facility, Annette Island, Alaska, is established.

* March 26, 1943 - Battle of the Komandorski Islands

* March 27, 1943 - Japanese convoy to reinforce Alutian encoutered with the enemy fleet and turned back.

* April 26, 1943 - Task group of 3 cruiser and 6 destroyers bombards Japanese installations at Attu, Aleutian Islands.

* May 10, 1943 - U.S. troops invade Attu in the Aleutian Islands.

* May 15, 1943 - Naval Air Station, Adak, Aleutian Islands, is established.

* May 31, 1943 - Japanese end their occupation of the Aleutian Islands as the U.S. completes the capture of Attu.

Also, pancho villas raid was considered an invasion, which it pretty much was, causing an american expeditionary force to go into mexico.

Japanese also bombed the west coast of USA, though they didn't cause any injuries or deaths AFAIK.

Still, this time we'll be seeing T72:s rolling around the suburbs and the Red Flag flying on the town hall!