Sign in to follow this  
DB-ERAUPilot

Tonal update?

I saw pics over at the photography thread and it reminded me that there was some talk about an update...is anyone still working no this?

Yes, but the version I'm working on will totally screwup every single island made that references it as it's moving from a jungle theme to a african bush theme... like it or not. Thats what I really wanted in the first place. No idea when it will be done. Since I did a vast amount of work on the old one, and am the only bas member to ever look at it again after it was finished, and the only one working on any of this, I may just release it myself along with the updated opfor (not as a BAS team release as they have nothing to do with this and I'd rather do this myself anyway) in the future as an optional upgrade. If I do I'll make a thread smile_o.gif Until then just look for an occasional pic or two.

hey sounds interesting ebud, ill be backing you 110% i hope all goes well for you xmas_o.gif

ill be keeping my eye out just incase. smile_o.gif

yep it will be very nice to see an update to the amazing bas tonal mod. I will fallow that very near.

Thanks Ebud

It's coming along nicely actually.

The units are done. Gov, civs, rebs. They use Facetex2 plus the WW3 weapons as I wanted to convert to Galil's and the FN Mag.

Vehicles are close. They're CSLA retex's wherever I changed them and the DMA toyotas (fixed version) will be used as well.

The vegatation has been redone and is almost totally finished in both a west african jungle type varation (fixed a lot of models, textures, etc) and a sub saharan veld type variation.

I'll be trying to keep the 2 separate so the update won't mess up other islands using the tonal pbos and the default island will just have the new jungle updates. Try is the key word.

I'll probably just keep the jungle update for Tonal and make a version of each converted to have a new bushveld look using which mostly converts and reworks of Berghoff's vegatation work (with his blessing).

Haven't touched the buildings yet, and may not since they're used on other islands, but they need a lot of tlc as well.

That's all I have on this. No idea when it'll be done, but it'll be before the end of the year.

Impressive as usual, i can't believe how many model works you can do in a relative short time at this level of quality.

Along the billions of superb units you are working on, will you update with those new body models the Tonali special forces too ?

yes, they're done as well. I just forgot about them banghead.gif

Oh Ebud can't say much about the modified terrain since I haven't seen much screenshots but these units are looking kicka$$.

I really hope you release this for all of us. It would be a shame if you would keep it just for yourself smile_o.gif

that roxorz my boxorz wink_o.gif

the pictures look nice and the TSF are still among my favorite units. The camo on the update looks great and I like that you move the island to bushland

notworthy.gif

Oh Ebud can't say much about the modified terrain since I haven't seen much screenshots but these units are looking kicka$$.

I really hope you release this for all of us. It would be a shame if you would keep it just for yourself  smile_o.gif

I'll release it. I'm tired of having tons of 90% finished addons laying on my machine. Finally time to finish something.

And Sanctuary... these were easy to do as I had a good base done from the VTE units I made.

And looks whos talking... "I'll never touch OFP Anim again. I swear!" nener.gif

some island wip images using brgn4 parts in a different setting and also combined into forest area models. Ignore the South African Puma.

puma.jpg

Pic 2

Pic 3

Sounds real good and the pics look nice.

Hopefully we can use this new tonal on our server biggrin_o.gif

Just will it overwrite the old Tonal island or will it replace it?

Looks like it's going to be a pretty major improvement over the old Tonal. Can't wait smile_o.gif

wow looks great, i always wanted a african bush island. gd work ebud. smile_o.gif

For now, yes it will overwrite the old one. I also have a version I saved that is still a tropical version with lots of palm trees etc. I may do a "FFUR" and release 2 versions. Placement of objects has not changed, just how they look, so missions shouldn't be broken.

CT

Yes the civs are redone as well.

I figure that there are several good jungle islands coming soon. Anderson's, VTE's, the Chinese mod's, etc. This should be different.

Quote[/b] ]so missions shouldn't be broken.

That sounds good.

Means I dont have to do much work on mission fixing biggrin_o.gif

O and before I forget it looks good it looks very good.

The Unknown

These are looking great!

Tonal was always a favorite map of mine, especially after watching Blackhawk Down.

Anyway to get Grass added?

Or will that be left up to another 3rd party mod?

Anyways, the map's looking really good!

Thanks for the hard work. biggrin_o.gif

The grass will be similar to what I did in these pics from a year or so ago. It will look a little different, but pretty close.

pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

It does blocks AI LOS like it should, and no, it does not lag.

Jeah thats really greate !!

Hmm would you release that to our good old OFP (plz say : Yes!wink_o.gif )

I really like Tonal and i ever hoped for an update..

Go ahead man yay.gif

And hey say if you need support wink_o.gif