Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

Nogovan Light Infantry

Hi one and all, i have recently been making and learning how to used oxygen and with help of the BAS infantry kit and DMA euro res troops i have been creating some infantry for nogova as part of an army, as after the Wars with the Soviets i would have thought that Nogova would need an army of its own.

I have created several soldier models:

Soldiers - In normal camo and in bodyarmour

Medic

Paratroopers

NSAS Nogova Special Air Service - Troska Troop

I have chosen to use the Fn-Fal for the standar infantry rifle though open to suggestions on what would be sutable to a small island as Nogova based on farming.

I am in partiuclarly interested in what type of camoflage i should use for the Infantry, i am currently using make do textures at the moment, well a tester of using nogova oak camo, but i could do with some futher suggestions and ideas.

After the infantry i may plan to reskin vehicles and maybe some tanks pending on time etc.

I will post images very soon, thanks all

How about a modified M81 woodland pattern:

nogoflagekv8.jpg

STGN

well this soudns like a good idea, if tiny everon can have the EDF why cant nogova have a defence force... my suggestion for weapons would be both soviet and western equipment showing that they have been give or have aquired it from russia or the US,

Weapons

Shoulder Arm - AK series or M14

Sidearm - Makarov PM or Browning HP

Machine Gun sqaud level - RPK 47/74

Machine Gun Platoon Level - PK / FN MAG

RPG/LAW - RPG7V / RPG18 / LAW 66mm

Camoulage

Check These

the camouflage shown on this http would go well for a fledgling defence force simple things OD green black etc with splashings of camouflage

and for the uniform a darkish woodland pattern to match the foliage of nogova... (i'll get a friend of mine to send you a sample if you like

NSAS

NSAS, soo much oppertunity there for a great addon what would you consider they would wear??maybe something like the guys in my mercenary pack? they could have the best gear because the were SF so you could have more western stuff such as MOLLE capable vests and americanised or european weapons its relative whistle.gif

anyways thats what i think but its your project... if you need any help dont hesitate to ask wink_o.gif add my msn or pm me if u do

How 'bout just plain Olive Drab for the uniforms? It looks good, is neutral, and works. As for weapons, I'd suggest old Soviet and/or western gear too, AKM or M16A1 as the main rifle for example, maybe even AK74. Basically anything that is cheap but still shoots.

Given the patterns used by the OFP resistance forces, one might opt for either the old Swiss pattern or the current German camouflage:

Flecktarn

Swiss camouflage

Another possibility is to pick the splinter and rain pattern that one can see on the OFP pup tents:

Splinter camouflage

For other patterns one can look for examples on:

Henrik Clausen's camouflage site

In my experience the photographs of camouflage jackets from the back on this site offer the best possibilities to cut and paste together a repeating pattern of camouflage that can be stuck behind crease template textures. For optimum effect it should be taken into account that one needs to vary the pattern used for the background in size for the different textures applied to an OFP soldier model, as these are not on the same scale.

Regards,

Sander

that last site was the one i was looking for it was in my favourites but its gone huh.gif

Yay!

Sounds good, the world of Nogova is expanding.

We have cops, coastguard, infantry, and soon a whole mod (NAFP is still going right? )

Good work!

JW

smile_o.gif

I think NAFP isn't going, i sent a message lots of months ago and no reply.

Nice that someone is doing stuff for Nogova.One thing, dont use woodland camo.

yeah, they havent said alot in a while, its a shame i would of really liked to see some NAF troops, The ones NAFP were doing looked great, new camo design and everything smile_o.gif

I think it would be great to arm them with Dans M14s. It's a great pack, the weapons are detailed, have nice iron-sights, and have a good all round feel to them. Plus it would be believable that Nogova would have them (Nogova make most of their income from farming and mining, right?)

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7387

And you get a decent sniper rifle with it wink_o.gif

If you gave them the M16A1, they would be very similar to the EDF pack. Plus, the M16A1 that that pack uses is getting very old now (was originally made by SEB in their nam pack wan't it?).

I think the idea is great. In terms of rest of the weapons, I would agree with Helping_hand, depending on wiether you want them to be more western or eastern influenced. I can imagine them being a mixture personally.   wink_o.gif

Good luck with the pack.

that m14 is old skool maybe a new one could be devised ?? also that m16a1 is the jam standard one huh.gif

I hope this doesnt become page after page of people telling the maker what they want it to be just for themselves like in the NAFP thread.

People can very easily learn simple cpp work and edit in their own weapons for example. Id offer to show anyone who wants to learn...it takes like 5 minutes.

in DSA;s packs there are some weapons in need of texturing (and poly reducing vastly)

my suggestion to you would be to ignore everyones suggestions about what makes a "realistic" army for a fictional country and do what you want with them...I reckon thas one of the reasons NAFP never got off the ground...the community bickering over what a fictional army would use icon_rolleyes.gif

its fictitious so how can it be realistic huh.gif apart from that have a messs round in photoshop etc with colours and see what camo u can make from existing stuff like us BDU or soviet flora etc

its fictitious so how can it be realistic huh.gif

Exactly, for all we know Nogova could possibly have a high tech industry, kids go over seas for schooling, come back and apply it at home. Hell, the Nogovans could be so advanced they may have developed a fully functional rail gun for all we know (I was watching Eraser last night at 3am)!!! I reckon their scientists have a lot of time on their hands as it appears there isn't much to do on Nogova (no sports fields clubs etc.), other then farming and cow tipping! HAHA

Just have fun with your addon, do what makes you happy!

granted its fictional, but there's a line between fiction and reality, and even when creating an army for a ficticious country, you have to cross that line...

if you were inventing Nogova for the first time, i.e. BIS hadnt already popuated it, laid a background story etc to it, then fine... it could have a rail gun, T-90's and Javelins... but its not, and it has a history laid out already... its a small country, with a small populace... its income is blatantly nothing more than agriculture, some industry and perhaps tourism at best... that amounts to a rather small army, equiped with soviet hand me downs from the old soviet era the island experienced... expect things like the old BTRs etc to be around...

anyone who considers nogova to be able to afford T90's and Fulcrums/MI24's etc needs their head checking.

only supah and jaguar could really comment on why NAFP didnt get any futher... but i dont truely think it was anything to do with the community bickering on what weapons and vehicles would be used... they had a very clear idea of what they wanted, and having worked with Jaguar closely in the past year, he's not one to care what the community want or think is best...

their list of kit seemed ideal for the size of nogova, and its a damn shame it didnt get any futher (although the infantry and vehicles looks superb, especially that BTR 152).

R0adki11, i'd really reccomend speaking to supah and jaguar and see if you could continue some of their projects for NAFP - their camo choice was pretty excellent too... blended in perfectly.

I think the camo they used was Edges old malden camo.

It looks simliar to some texes he sent me a long time ago. So its basically re-colored nogovan oak if thats correct.

Maybe nogovians are rising lot's of cocaine to get money. smile_o.gif

Just a jokey idea. yay.gif

I think someone mentioned mines before aswell? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but BIS never mentioned what was being mined in Nogova? You'd think coal, iron those sorts of basic things, but possibly other things aswell.

Any of which could be used to boost the economy no?

NAFP is still going in theory for ArmA however due to complete and total community apathy we were unable to get any worthwhile scripter so that kinda put a stop to our efforts. Who know's we might be back for ArmA and OFP2, if this time around there is a bit more enthousiasme to help out.

thats good news... the aircraft would have been a huge loss if totally scrapped (if memory served me correctly, they were rather tasty)

Hey Supah,

Would you being willing to release your add-ons to the community for completion, i.e. as a alpha or beta demo? I think its a shame that such great add-ons won't see the light of day. Just a thought. whistle.gif

I vote for making a NEW camo pattern for Nogova troops. The most elite camo you guys can come up with.

But Nogova has money, so lets see some other stuff than the standard old russian stuff...

Hey Supah,

Would you being willing to release your add-ons to the community for completion, i.e. as a alpha or beta demo? I think its a shame that such great add-ons won't see the light of day. Just a thought. whistle.gif

I for one don't want unfinished addons being released, and as supah said, NAFP is not cancelled, but put on hold until someone decides they want the addons released enough to help.