Sign in to follow this  
AK-Chester

Wal*Mart Sign

Comrades!

In joyous celebration of the workers victory over Wal*Marts demise in Germany we are happy to bring you Wal*Mart targets for your Operation Flashpoint gaming pleasure!

The idea for this addon came to us during a discussion about what to do with all the crap that Wal*Mart is going to leave behind. We the workers agreed that they should be put to good use as gunnery targets for the peoples defence forces.

wmlu3.th.jpg tpaj6.th.jpg

Created by AK-Chester & Blink Dog. Model by MAPFACT. Hosting by OFP.INFO.

Addon Download |

Now we just need to get rid of Wal Mart in Canada.

We managed that in Germany, they bunked last month... biggrin_o.gif

haha what is walmart? And why do people seem to dislike them? tounge2.gif Ps im from sweden and i have never seen walmart so educate me. Yeah and whats bunked?

they do well in the UK becuase the dont call them selves Wal Mart, they called them selves "Asda" in the UK and they are second biggest retailer for food in the UK, if they were called Wal Mart they would flop big time.

Wal Mart is just a very big supermarket. In USA they even have Weapons and everything you need for them but here in germany they just have (had) food and stuff.

About Walmart, Here in Boston, Massachussetts, they have like everywhere else a bad reputation for employees satisfaction.... During the winters that can be rather intense up here, it happens that during snow blizzards the state advise people to not go to work, so the streets are empty and the authorities are assisting anyone out. It is said that if a car was seen struggling in the snow, the cops would guess before asking the driver that it would be a walmart employee trying, as told to, to get to work...

The morale of all that?

Well done Germany!!

Now we just need to get rid of Wal Mart in Canada.

Your only hurting yourself. tounge2.gif

About Walmart, Here in Boston, Massachussetts, they have like everywhere else a bad reputation for employees satisfaction.... During the winters that can be rather intense up here, it happens that during snow blizzards the state advise people to not go to work, so the streets are empty and the authorities are assisting anyone out. It is said that if a car was seen struggling in the snow, the cops would guess before asking the driver that it would be a walmart employee trying, as told to, to get to work...

The morale of all that?

Well done Germany!!

Wal-Marts down in the south are alot better than those Yankee Wal-Marts!! biggrin_o.gif

walmart is the worlds largest employer, and it just makes life a lot more convenient for hard working people, ie, lots of things under one roof, for a low price. there's nothing wrong with walmart.

Great work - looks good in sim! - are you considering any more signs to add ambience to maps?

Oh god, don't even start me on wal-mart.

I live in a College town (Columbia MO).

There are currently 4 Wal-Marts i believe, with another 2 planned.

They are all within 15 minutes of each other...atleast.

Then again, we have the most Churches per Capita, and it's not uncommon to see the same Company Gas Station less than a mile down the road from the other.

I think Columbia just has a thing for Brand Names

walmart is the worlds largest employer, and it just makes life a lot more convenient for hard working people, ie, lots of things under one roof, for a low price. there's nothing wrong with walmart.

just wanted to stop by and agree with this.

being what you call an "underpaid person" aka im broke tounge2.gif what little money i do have to my name can allow me to afford usualy outragously priced items at a more convient price. smile_o.gif

hmmm i wonder how much they sell .40 caliber ammo at per box... everywhere else is $15. must look into this!

anyway im a walmart shopper. i dont care if they hire illegal immagrants or make people drive to work in the winter, i have no morals or values when shopping, as long as i get a low low price on the exact same crap i can get anywhere else.. im happy!

this coming from a guy who watchs his favorite sporting event on a $35 surround sound system purchesed at walmart biggrin_o.gif

... are you considering any more signs to add ambience to maps?

Not really. Well, I got a few more sitting on my hd. MERCS Deloraine Island, yet to be released.

club25og.th.jpg dogle9.th.jpg infolf8.th.jpg dangerlv1.th.jpg

First it's an addon now it's a movie.

biggrin_o.gif Added link to first post.

Hi im working on a project and i dont no whos the base model is but would i be able to get the base model of the sign so i just have to change the textures on the sign becuase i really need a sign model for my project and campign to be fully developed the way i want. Full credit would be givin.

Those new signs of yours look great too, gd work smile_o.gif

Hi im working on a project and i dont no whos the base model is but would i be able to get the base model of the sign so i just have to change the textures on the sign becuase i really need a sign model for my project and campign to be fully developed the way i want. Full credit would be givin.

Those new signs of yours look great too, gd work  smile_o.gif

pistols.gif  Hey Matt just download this addon! pistols.gif

---(Message Boards)---

http://www.ofpbase.com/pafiled....&id=126

messageboards.pbo

Beaware it is in some other language, but make a 1024x1024 image, or 512x512, or 256x256 etc etc etc....save it as jpg and then apply the texture in game.  The Savage Nation 2 will include lots of custom signage for your educational waking up viewing pleasure!  Note that with the ADDON that in the editor it will display as another lanugage but they are in the OBJECTS section at the very top. Also note that the width of the image on say a 1024x1024 frame needs to be a little smaller so that the image applies to the BILLBOARD.  The SANDWICHBOARD fits images perfectly and the SMALLERSIGN needs to be spaced a little.  The POSTER and CRUMPLEDPOSTER need the same tweaking within the 1024x1024, or 512x512 etc etc etc frame. The addon includes image examples. Very easy and very custom. pistols.gif

thanks for that iceflyer just want i needed. i edited the the hole thing into english so i can understand lol biggrin_o.gif

Thanks Matt - any chance of posting that one? btw - what's the init code to switch textures?

wink_o.gif

Thanks Matt - any chance of posting that one?  btw - what's the init code to switch textures?

wink_o.gif

you just change the picture. or make a new picture nd post the name of the picture in the init