Sign in to follow this  
DeaDMeaT

Createunit what a farse!!

No need to create three threads of the same subject. This will be deleted.

I am not able to go here, as here requires registration even for viewing topics. If you want to get an answer in this forum, please post question text in this forum too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeaDMeaT @ Jan. 24 2002,14:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">go here

http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/cgi-bin....start=0<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Howdi,

Im posting this after playing around with the idea that i could create self sestaining AI units that would continually respawn and cause havok for the human players in the mission. One problem is that the command doesn't WORK!!!!

I do get the units to create, i gpot that, what i mean by the fact that it doesn't work is that the units will eventually forget what group they are assigned to....

Now I can prove this because i actually found this awesome idea of actually having a gamelogic as a group...

ie. mygroup = group mygamelogic

Now the units actually create and run toward the gamelogic, (witch is exactly what i want) but once they get there they ignore my orders to move.....

I made some radio commands to show this, one is create men,(unload) and the other is move men...

move men setpos's the gamelogic to my "the players" location..

give it 30 seconds after each order and see what happens...this looks to me like a last second addition to 1.42, whoever the MORON is that said this would be good for ANYTHING!!!!

This map PROVES that fact...things they could do is,

1. Actually allow us to name every unit created...ie

majordumbarse = "SoldierWB" createUnit [_GamLogPos,_groupname,"",1.0,"MAJOR"]

2. Allow us to create waypoints for these men...

mygroup [move] CreateWP getpos mypos

3. Stop releasing half finished commands and expect us to find a useful purpose for them...

If this command had some physical value it would be that of a 3rd testical!!!

FFS BI pickup your game!!

Comence flaming NOW!!<span id='postcolor'>

That is the post he is linking too Suma, which is also by Deadmeat.