Sign in to follow this  
maruk

What to fix in the next patch

I havent read all the above posts, so maybe I am repeating what someone else already have said before, but here goes...

1. Repeating message bug - "...is down"

2. Vehicles bounce when stationary.

3. Tanks/APC slow down too much when going uphill.

4. AI having trouble to get out of vehicles (if vehicle isnt exactly still - get out command dont work?)

5. Laser designator needs a little more tweaking...

Thats all for me - thanks for a otherwise brilliant game BIS!! smile.gif

You are west soldier (usually in my case squad leader), there is east tank disabled by helicopter fire (for example). It looks more or less still maybe capable of working. You enter the tank as driver, gunner or commander and every time as you enter, the tank pukes out the russian crew member which funnily steps out, puts hes gun is hes back (behaviour careless/safe) and then dies. This happens on all the compartments of the tank.

Ok so now you want to destroy the tank as you cannot drive/use it. You shoot it with for RPG/LAW for example and now we get to the tricky part...

When the tank explodes, your squad mates go into "You killed friendlies" mode and shoot me.

So, when entering the "disabled" tank so that the east "dead" crew exits the tank, you somehow make the tank friendly ... or something smile.gif

PMC TFW

Snake Man

If I am inside a building or a tower I can see through the windows but I cant see any soldiers, jeeps, tanks........ unless they are to the side of my screen.

I would like to see yellow target markers when commanders designate targets from choppers.

eg. MP coop game. I'm commander of a group..flying chopper...human player in my group is gunner...I designate a target...he gets the yellow target box appear. In cadet mode only of course.

This was said to be fixed...and is to a degree...but I still don't think it works when both players are in the same helo....including Cobra/gunner human configurations.

I think the game is actually in a pretty solid state now. A number of minor bugs and tweaks as mentioned but the only thing I find really missing is the option to set view distance from the options screen. I do think that the game auto sets the clipping distance a bit too close for my machine and while I know you can change it in the mission editor a single global switch would be nice.

Bugs and Anomalies:

1. light tanks and APCs are bouncing, when shot at with light arms. This happens when vehicle isn't moving.

2. Transparancy of some Windows doesn't work for units, just for static objects.

3. LAW and RPG flight path is much to straight, Rocket launched Grenades have much to high range, and can be aimed much to easily. if fired horizontaly, the Grenade should hit the gound after 250m

4. Tanks are to slow uphill, and much too fast downhill.

5. Tanks are to "hard" on the rear side, while the Maingun gets hit much to often. A Atack from front always means that the gun will be damaged. that just unrealistic, as the guns base ist the most armoured piece of the Turret, and the barrel is very hard to hit.

6. The rotor blades of helicopters should count as damageable.

And at last a suggestion for a new feature:

Helicopters need some degree of damage modeling, like tanks do already have.

That would make Stingers unsefull at least, as it takes to much Stingers to down a helicopter.

But if the Weapon system of that Helicoter would fail, it has to RTB (return to base)

Most Aircraft rather RTB than explode after hits by schoulder launched missiles.

Maybe some smoke from the engine, to show that the aircraft is damaged.

How about making a "Lobby" channel? I dont know if side channel works on the lobby (sending only to lobbyists) as I havent tried it, but if that is the case, ignore this.

And better scoring should definetly be added. I want to be proud of making:

20 Kills

-----

10 Headshoots

4 Bodyhits

3 Grenade kills

2 Sabot shell kills

1 UAZ Satchel-Flip-bomb

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Addition:

Charakters should have much more time to survive beeig submerged. since there are boats and Amphibious vehicles, as well as Parachutes, soldiers should be able to float, instead of sinking.

What the point of ejecting, if it means to de drown.

Hello Maruk,

I'm not really part of the OFP community. But I do play with a dedicated group that loves OFP.. although you are expecting "bug fix" replys (the "2 is down") is especially annoying. there are two added features that we feel would improve the game greatly.

1) Dynamic Entry.. as in anyone can join a Multiplayer game that has already started in progress. it's annoying to have to go back for someone that has accidently disconnected.. from the game.. so it would be cool if that was added..

2) during the MAP briefing screen in Multiplayer.. it would be cool.. if that screen could act as "scratchpad" so we could plan out tactics.. for example.. drawing tools.. wouldbe used to show up so we could draw lines and diagrams that would show up for all the other players to see.

other then that.. it's awsome.

[bug]Jumping into vehicles backseat makes AI lose complete visability to the person inside.

[bug]Jumping into vehicles driver seat automatically triggers AI to your position (it's like holding up a sign to your location making stealing impossible to do w/out being noticed).

[bug](5)-(4)[injured] doesn't give alive players a waypoint in mp.

[bug]Move to XXXX doesn't make a waypoint for the designee.

[bug Prev.listed ]Cannot move seats in boats without exiting into water.

[Feature]Chopper gunner still doesn't effectively open up fire on foot soldiers.

[Feature]Add fast backward,left,and right crawl movement.

[Feature]Increase amphibious vehicle speed in water.

[Feature]Add optional player "give position" to command list in mp.

[Feature]Engine on/off feature canceled by forward button (possibly movement).

[Feature]Add walk slow command.

[Feature Prev.listed]Increase BRDM armor. Presently cannot take much small weapon fire before the player inside gets hit.

[Feature Prev.listed]Address vehicle speeds to terrain.

[Rediculous feature]Add door locks to vehicles in mp.

[Ridiculous addon]Finish the smoking character model.

[Ridiculous addon]Finish the bike model.

[Addon]Finish drop ladder.

[Addon]Add drop weapon.

<span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>It's Gr-r-reat!</span>

Here are two small things i would like to have fixed.

1: When holding a law (or AT4, RPG etc) and you have a binocular in your inventry, if you pull out the law or AT4 or whatever and press 'B' the word binocular comes up in the top left hand corner, but your soldier is still holding the law, this makes it impossible to shoot unless you change weapons and change back again, this is frustrating especially in multiplayer when you want to hit that T80 before it goes over the hill, and im sure we all know that in the heat of battle changing weapons seems to take forever. confused.gif

2: When you go to lay under a vechile for cover your soldier will start bouncing like mad. mad.gif

Hi,

This, Fixed: Support for Windows Me ICS, Windows XP ICS, and UPnP-compliant NATs, was fixed in 1.42.

Would please also fix it for win 2k users. As it still keep hanging at "Creating Client" when i have ICS on in win2k

and netcode could be improved as wel.

thnx

THe game just does not load only the Flashpoint splash screen then after about an hour of leaving it it says no cd in drive, yes i have reinstalled,bought a cd drive and formated c:/ nuthin. thats why i dont play it now becasue i can't.

Mines and Satchels currently can not be disabled (see thread http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=5341) , i'd like to see that changed. Could/should be done (whatever is easier to implement) by either shooting them or by kind of "reverse-put" (i.e. a soldier knees and picks them up).

My other wishes have already been posted by others.

Thanks

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hidden @ Jan. 24 2002,14:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I have a problem that seems hard to get rid of. After launching OFP and playing for a few minutes, the screen turns green and I hear some kind of digital noise (like changing the frequency forth and back on a radio) and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to shutdown OFP.

Regards

Hidden<span id='postcolor'>

Please, contact support@bistudio.com. We will try to help you with your problem.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maruk @ Jan. 24 2002,13:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there anything you consider as a critical bug (bug, not missing features or content) in the game? Plase focus rather on one really important bug instead of trying to post various minor glitches etc.<span id='postcolor'>

Please, do not write what you would like to find new in OFP or what should be improved. Try to write only CRITICAL bugs. Thank you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1) Dynamic Entry.. as in anyone can join a Multiplayer game that has already started in progress.  it's annoying to have to go back for someone that has accidently disconnected.. from the game.. so it would be cool if that was added..

2) during the MAP briefing screen  in Multiplayer.. it would be cool.. if that screen could  act as "scratchpad" so we could plan out tactics.. for example..  drawing tools.. wouldbe used to  show up so we could draw lines and diagrams that would show up for all the other players to see.

other then that..   it's awsome.<span id='postcolor'>

1) JOIN IN PROGRESS will not be possible in Operation Flashopint. As we said many times: this is something that requires major rework of whole architecture of the game and it's not possible for the game as it is now. We know why it's important so we consider it carefully for our next projects.

2) MAP Notes. Do you know you can double click there and write notes and insert markers (use arrow UP/DOWN to change icon)? It's not like reall "scratchpad" but it works quite well for arranging some points and tactics in mp.

I'll repeat some of the most annoying ones, since I take it the more people noticing these bugs will get them the attention they deserve.

1: "...is down" (for the 1000th time smile.gif )

2: Bouncing vehicles when shot at with rifles (believe this is only for unmanned vehicles...)

3: Unmanned armored vehicles moving around when they are supposed to stay still. They make short engine sounds which gives off their position, and they can move around quite alot.

4: Law/RPG/AT4 etc.. and binoculars. Impossible to switch to Binocular view when holding those weapons. You need to switch to rifle to get the binocular view.

5: Windows cursor showing, need to minimize to make it go away. Seemed to return with 1.4 (for me anyway)

6: AI instantly knowing your position when you've entered enemy vehicle.

7: Tanks crawling uphill and speeding insanely downhill. This has caused me to accidently run over friendly units who were positioned downhill "I tried to stop...but....but..".

8: Ability to run through certain walls.

9: Falling out of watch-towers, through windows etc. It it very annoying to have to worry about this when you're trying to set up a good sniping position.

10: Fall damage? Seems illogical that you can fall 10-20 feet through the air without getting damaged.

And please do not implement JIP, this would turn this game into another simpleminded FPS, and not the brilliant war-sim that it is now.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SupaRico @ Jan. 25 2002,02:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. Cars in general seem to drive slowly now. Its kind of stupid that a 5t truck is faster then the normal small cars. Even the sports car is slow now. Jeeps etc accelerate much faster then the normal cars. This wasnt around a few patches ago.<span id='postcolor'>

The problem with slow cars on roads is probably caused by presence of JUNGLE EVERON user made addon. It's not well compatible with the game and it redefines parameters of roads even on existing islands. We want to avoid (or at least improve it) this problem when user made addons redefines the core configuration files of the game with the 1.43 patch.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Jan. 25 2002,15:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2: Bouncing vehicles when shot at with rifles (believe this is only for unmanned vehicles...)<span id='postcolor'>

Can anyone give more details to it? Is it more problem in sp or mp? I am trying to reproduce it in single player but so far it doesn't look that bad.

It looks not very nice for M113 (actually, it's really funny) but it's not happening to cars and other vehicles I tested so far that much. After my testing this bug seems to be minor problem but I see many people have complained about it so maybe I missed something.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maruk @ Jan. 25 2002,16:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2) MAP Notes. Do you know you can double click there and write notes and insert markers (use arrow UP/DOWN to change icon)? It's not like reall "scratchpad" but it works quite well for arranging some points and tactics in mp.<span id='postcolor'>

I think there is a bug related to this feature... In multiplayer the markers are seen by everyone, ie. east sees markers placed by west. Makes planning tactics in non-coop missions kinda hard.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Jan. 25 2002,15:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">6: AI instantly knowing your position when you've entered enemy vehicle.<span id='postcolor'>

I noticed more people compails about this. But I am unable to reproduce. Can anyone let me know what's wrong exactly in this? I've made a mission where I steal and enemy T80 or UAZ. There's AI in BMP and soldiers but nobody noticed. Even if I start moving, they still think I am a friendly unit. The soldier is around 50 m to the empty T80 and BMP is around 200 m.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2: Bouncing vehicles when shot at with rifles (believe this is only for unmanned vehicles...)<span id='postcolor'>

Can anyone give more details to it? Is it more problem in sp or mp? I am trying to reproduce it in single player but so far it doesn't look that bad.

It looks not very nice for M113 (actually, it's really funny) but it's not happening to cars and other vehicles I tested so far that much. After my testing this bug seems to be minor problem but I see many people have complained about it so maybe I missed something.<span id='postcolor'>

With 1.40 I noticed the bumping of a BMP in Red Hammer mission where you assault the beach with BMPs.

I did some testing in the mission editor (version 1.42) and placed myself as a russian soldier on the map, with a BMP with crew.

I fired at the bmp, and noticed that the vehicle moves up and than down on it's tires or tracks. It keeps down for a few seconds and than comes up again, and you can repeat this again.

Other vehicles seem to be slightly above the ground, when you shoot at them the move down on the ground and tires/tracks come more to the vehicle.

Other bugs/improvement suggestions:

[*]when you look through transparent things (windows) you sometimes can't see other units.

[*]Tanks are slow when going uphill

[*]Graphics: improve clipping if possible

[*]empty or dead tanks are sometimes able to move

[*]AI soldiers have problem navigating through forests sometimes. An ejected AI gunner couldn't get out of the forest.

[*]Tanks can't drive between houses very well: they bump into structures.

[*]When hiding in bushes and shooting at enemy AI soldiers, they are unable to discover my location or (randomly) fire at me. The just run towards my location and sometimes are almost standing on me.

Bouncing vehicle Bug:

This happens to all light armoured vehicles, they are jumping 0.3m into the air at the firt shot. if firenist continued, nothing happens, but after e few second the same thing starts again.

It doesnt matter if the vehicle is manned or not.

It happens to all APCs, all AA-Tanks and T-55 and M60.

I'm using OFP V1.42 without any Addons.