Sign in to follow this  
dinger

Chain of Command Unified Artillery 1.1

gunterland: Thank you, you are absolutely right: the M55 has a few problems, and will be stuck on AMMO until I get them fixed.

In any case, the cfgModels setting for the M55 is wrong too, so we'll just wheel that one back to the shop.

In the meantime, Hawk's 2S19 has a 152mm barrel that works (sorry about the error at the start WGL fans -- but it will work otherwise), and DKMM's M46 provides a nice towed alternative.

Hey there

These babies are an absolute beauty. Thank you very very much.

Here is a list of a few other bugs I found in east artillery:

<ul>

[*] Well, you've replied to this issue about the M55s as I was typing, so I'll just elaborate on this a little more... You can't go the quick and dirty way with those either: once you've received the MTO, you get the "Rounds complete" message, and then the "SHOT" message (! ) without them buggers having fired a single round.

[*] The error message when you select I/A (reported by Gunterlund) only appears when using M46s, not 2S19s.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_text = (_This select 0) select (_this select 1) |#| error divisorI found this line appears in \CoC_FED\scripts\DlgCtrlSet.sqf, but I couldn't close in on the issue any further, and it might be something else...

[*] this is something I experienced a long time ago, but as you're considering a new patch, I seize the opportunity to report it: I happen to use your DigiLink console in my MP missions, and players receiving messages get an error. It seems the bug is in \coc_ns\Network\fNRemoteCallR.sqf, and the fix I found is to replace :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">call(call(_t select 1))by a mere<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">call(_t select 1) which works like a charm.

M55 firing: Yeah, killswitch spotted the source of that one last night. Will be in the next patch.

M46 Error: thanks. I think I found it. (who wrote this mess? icon_rolleyes.gif)

RemoteCallR: I'll let Bn880 know about that.

ILLUM bug is easily reproducable for me, it seems ECP is the culprit. Ran the UA 1.1 Demo mission with, without, and again with ECP: CTD, fine, CTD (respectively). CTD occurs instantly after the ILLUM round lights up.

I seriously doubt I'm legitimately out of memory as I normally run a MUCH larger string of addons than ECP+UA (always using ECP though) and I've never had a problem. Besides, it consistently crashes at the point of illumination. It's definitely a bug, I just don't know if it resides within ECP or UA.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Well, I have no idea what ECP does or doesn't do and, unfortunately, we can't guarantee compatibility with all the other addons out there, especially something as free-ranging as ECP.

The current illum system used in UA is a child of the parachute class with a headlight on it, and a gamelogic driver that turns it on.

If ECP tries to "extend" the functionality of parachutes, and if such "extension" is poorly implemented, then, yes, you could see something like that.

I can look again at the illum system and the models -- the illum chute was one of those "half-done" things that may never have been completed, so there may be some P3D issues. Worst case, I can bring in the other illum system (which I think is cooler anyway).

M55 firing: Yeah, killswitch spotted the source of that one last night. Will be in the next patch.

M46 Error: thanks. I think I found it. (who wrote this mess? icon_rolleyes.gif)

RemoteCallR: I'll let Bn880 know about that.

Also I think the BMP Cobra has the wglevents/destroyedfx/init.sqf error. Either that or the m55 russian howitzer.

Very nice. I managed to fix the effects problem, I think. (all the effects work nice, except the WP doesnt reach high into the air, only did one attempt though, will try to do more)

So apprently the FED thing requires you to copy some file into your mission folder? Have to say thats a shame, since I normally just make scratch missions in the editor and play them as I go. I suppose it doesn't bother me without the FED dialog, I can always use the old method, even if its less realistic. Well thanks for the suggestions, Im loving the HE effects, they are much better than I have seen even in other newer games. You guys did a good job with all of it. Keep up the good work!

confused_o.gif i was a little disapointed about that too the FED dialogue was very cool and then when i tired to use it in what i usually do with the editor whipping up a mission to much about on i find i can't use FED huh.gif oh well, its a shame but not a killer.

Guys just use this mission to "whip up" editor missions. Ive been whipping all day with it. Its easy. Ive even thought of a great MP game. Its called BLOW THE OTHER GUYS ARTY UP. Each side has mobile arty and a squad to track down the other team. First side to blow up the other guys arty wins.

Also if you give both sides a cobra set up you can sit back and watch the counterbattery go on all day without touching a thing once the initial barrage goes out.

Yes, to get the dialog, you have to put a line in the description.ext. This is because OFP requires description.ext entries for dialogs -- you cannot do it any other way. sorry. If there were away around this, I would have found it smile_o.gif

You can set up several batteries protected by cobras, kick 'em off, and watch them pound each other until they run out of ammo or enemies.

Charon went through the trouble of describing all the new optional fields in the callfire.sqf; I'm going to write up how scripts can put missions on the stack (so they get called in order).

Yes, to get the dialog, you have to put a line in the description.ext. This is because OFP requires description.ext entries for dialogs -- you cannot do it any other way. sorry. If there were away around this, I would have found it smile_o.gif

Of course people can have it the plug'n'play way:

Include the FED-dialog into their resource.cpp; that way it is always loaded, and does not require to create a description.ext and mission directory.

But it requires some basic config-editing. (in the meanwhile everyone in this community is some kind of modder, right?)

well, it also requires a -mod line to run it. What's that? We have one already? awww, crap.

You guys are spoiled. Back in my day, we were lucky if we had one script in an addon, let alone 400.

:P

Include the FED-dialog into their resource.cpp; that way it is always loaded, and does not require to create a description.ext and mission directory.

But it requires some basic config-editing. (in the meanwhile everyone in this community is some kind of modder, right?)

How could I do this the right and easy way. Because not having to place the description.ext file would be great!

It would be nice if AMOS fire sound would be tuned down a bit. Now it sounds as loud as if it was 400m away when the unit is actually 4km away.

I'm using this at the moment to balance loudnes. Not perfect but it is a start.

sound[]={"\sfp_ssg120\sounds\amos_fire.wss",db-7,1};

General sound volume tweaking would be nice too wink_o.gif

Thanks for a great addon btw !

How could I do this the right and easy way. Because not having to place the description.ext file would be great!

1. get the resource.cpp of the Mod you're using; or debinarize the resource.bin with CoC-BinView

2a: in the resource.cpp either put the include-line (untested)

2b: or put the contents of the file coc_fed.pbo\fed.hpp at the end of your resource.cpp

Don't forget to backup your unchanged resource.cpp, and use a Mod-directory (the resource.cpp resides in the Bin-directory of the Mod).

Quick note has anyone tried to destroy any of these ua vehicles like the m577 Cobra. Very hard to kill even with a tank. Either that or there is no indication that it has been knocked out like explosions or deformities.

Hi Walker,

I think I spoke too soon. I am using the new shortcut but that's about all I got right. After trying mission 6 then 4, I assumed that they would CTD. I was wrong. Also after reading the post in this forum, it looks like I need to RTFM.

Thanks for your help,

ZrednC

This is great. I can't imagine what this will look like in ArmA, probably darn close to the real thing. I love the FED, it really adds to the immersion, rather than using the mouse wheel and enter key. I haven't read the manual fully yet, but already I'm (almost) starting to feel like a real artillery spotter, hehe. The only question I have is how to enable copperheads to be fired from the paly's. I try to fire them and it gives me some fuse message and something like [false,false,false,false,false,true] and then says error. Maybe I have to load the ammo somehow? Either way, I am loving this thing. Definately one of the best addons for OFP ever.

This is great. I can't imagine what this will look like in ArmA, probably darn close to the real thing. I love the FED, it really adds to the immersion, rather than using the mouse wheel and enter key. I haven't read the manual fully yet, but already I'm (almost) starting to feel like a real artillery spotter, hehe. The only question I have is how to enable copperheads to be fired from the paly's. I try to fire them and it gives me some fuse message and something like [false,false,false,false,false,true] and then says error. Maybe I have to load the ammo somehow? Either way, I am loving this thing. Definately one of the best addons for OFP ever.

need to load ammo

this addmagazine "CoC_Howi155CLGP"

in each paladin.. Coppers are very deadly...

Would there be any way that we could have like a ammotruck with extra supplies of rounds for the M109's...

If you see the Israelis right now have those stacks sitting there with a bunch of rounds on there.

I would really love to have a ammotruck for the COC system, because I kinda run out of ammo allot of times! rofl.gifwink_o.gif

great work, thanks a lot!

but everytime i start a mission, no matter if that are the CoC tutorial missions or if it is an selfmade mission, i become an error message "advanced fuzing failed".

what means that?

great work, thanks a lot!

but everytime i start a mission, no matter if that are the CoC tutorial missions or if it is an selfmade mission, i become an error message "advanced fuzing failed".

what means that?

means you dont have the ammo for that weapon. Check to see if your battery says (OPER) or (AMMO)

actually, "Advanced Fuzing Failed" means that the obelisk in the mission is SIDE WEST or SIDE EAST, when it should be SIDE LOGIC. This means the mission is UA 1.0 and not 1.1. Check your directories to see if there's another set of tutorial missions.

actually, "Advanced Fuzing Failed" means that the obelisk in the mission is SIDE WEST or SIDE EAST, when it should be SIDE LOGIC.  This means the mission is UA 1.0 and not 1.1. Check your directories to see if there's another set of tutorial missions.

Hmmm thats interesting because I have the right oblelisk and still got the message. Ill check again

thx. now ist works really great. there are a lot of options to do really evil things to the enemy biggrin_o.gif

whats about the great tomahawk launchers? will there be an update? it seems that they dont work with the new CoC artillery.

they are great fun to.

thx a again.