Sign in to follow this  
VictorTroska

Football:General

What the hell crazy_o.gif

My country is in a group with Netherlands,France and Italy?

After all the bad luck we had in the past things finally started looking better for us.We breezed the qualifing session taking first place but we are pitted against the world champion and vice champion and an always favourite-to-reach-final-stages...

Aw screw odds.We already beated Holland.We can do it again and maybe we can do a Senegal on France in the first match.

Italy on the other hand is too powerful.Even in 2000 with our dream team they proved a giant to big to topple..

dont worry,  Holland always choke in the euro.  If you can grab a win against either Italy or France then you could get through, very doable concidering scotland got 3 wins out of 4 games against those 2.

Yup, this group is very open, even for Romania (mainly in the light of Scott's performance), tbh.

I wish it wasn't, ofc sad_o.gif

Too sad the scots couldn't join this Euro... I'd rather have them instead of Italy (and no, thats not because they won against us last year)

If you just saw the last game and how their fans celebrated their team, though it didn't qualify... smile_o.gif

My group seems easy, and i hope it goes that way...Switzerland and Turkey should be beaten, so i guess its a discussion between Portugal and Czech Rep to the 1st place of the group. i wont forget that goal in the quarter finals,from the great Poborsky in the Euro96... I admit my sympathy with CZ (BIS influence maybe), so it wont be a tragedy if we lost that match...just want to pass the group stage thats all!

So imho all the fun is concentrate in group 3 and group 2... its a shame that England is not going to play, so we Portuguese could meet them again somewhere in the quarter finals or what... yay.gif Sory but i couldn't resist smile_o.gif. Not even Greece for a revenge from that Euro2004 final...maybe France in the final who knows...but i bet we would lose again with them in the final...dam curse!!

Just don't want to meet Italy...with materazzi in field i bet Ronaldo wont resist to kick his ass before the referee blows the final whistle... Old Joao Pinto style u know... nener.gif

Good luck to all teams, and my wish is to see Quaresma scoring one of his unique "tribela" goals. u know that trick i bet...seems special effects but it isnt!! Still one of my top favourite goals that Portugal ever scored..check it out.

Tribela kick

Crap, AaB lost against Tottenham after a 0-2 lead in the break sad_o.gif

serves you right for supporting AaB tounge2.gif

FCK all the way whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]And Denmark will loose all of its games. We suck atm. im afraid

shush, go down to Irma, buy some Tuborg Julebrg and forget about how diabolical we are at the moment. Things really can only get better given our current form

And Denmark will loose all of its games. We suck atm. im afraid sad_o.gif

Take it positive:

Austria has the same problems... there are even petitions to withdraw the team from the tournement ^^

Great game. First half belonged to Manchester, second to Chelsea.

Overall Chelsea was slightly better. Really bad luck for Terry confused_o.gif

Although Arsenal at core, I was cheering on Man Utd tonight, so glad they won. Disappointing final minutes with the brawl though - what a bunch of morons spoiling an otherwise nice game with that. Pitch seemed to work out in the end, although a bit of slip and slide as terry found out. Anyone else think Avram Grant was off to go shoot himself after collecting his medal? Looked deeply depressed - for the sack?

Great game. First half belonged to Manchester, second to Chelsea.

Overall Chelsea was slightly better. Really bad luck for Terry confused_o.gif

Complete luck-decided result... I felt soooo bad for Terry, he had saved the game, and... bad luck (not even really his fault, contrary to Ronaldo & Anelka).

Good final in my opinion, even with the little insident at the end, but thats football...

If felt pitty for Chelsea, with a bit more luck they could have won the game. ManU didn't use two real big chances with no keeper in the goal and Ronaldos arrogance was overwhelming. sad_o.gif

Anyway, looking forward now for Euro-Championchip smile_o.gif

I predict none of the big teams (Germany, France, Italy) will win. France and Italy were lucky to get into the tournemant at all and Germany doesn't play that well at the moment, too. (Though we won all the last matches)

If felt pitty for Chelsea, with a bit more luck they could have won the game. ManU didn't use two real big chances with no keeper in the goal and Ronaldos arrogance was overwhelming. sad_o.gif

Anyway, looking forward now for Euro-Championchip smile_o.gif

I predict none of the big teams (Germany, France, Italy) will win. France and Italy were lucky to get into the tournemant at all and Germany doesn't play that well at the moment, too. (Though we won all the last matches)

The one reason that I have for being happy that Chelsea didn't win is that it proves that Mr Abramovich despite all his money can't buy his next toy (the trophy). Sorry if I don't feel pity at all for someone that is trying to buy his way into success to prove his point. With so much money spent on good players you'd expect them to do a bit more on the pitch than the counter attacking play that they display. They have little history, and before 2003 not even 25% of the "die hard support" that they have now. Suddenly everyone's a Chelsea fan. Bunch of glory hunters, takes the fun out of visiting football forums.

Now I'm just hoping that Placebo is not a Chelsea supporter whistle.gif

As far as the Germans go, they don't have to play well. Whether it's luck, determination or skill, they'll get far anyway, simply because they're Germany.

I expect that Italy and France won't have that much difficulty advancing past the group stage, The defence of the Netherlands is not on par with the midfield and attack. Anyone that can put pressure on that defense has a good chance of winning. Romania is good, but lacks the required finishing touch, against the aforementioned teams they'll always lose if these teams can come to a peak performance.

The one reason that I have for being happy that Chelsea didn't win is that it proves that Mr Abramovich despite all his money can't buy his next toy (the trophy). Sorry if I don't feel pity at all for someone that is trying to buy his way into success to prove his point. With so much money spent on good players you'd expect them to do a bit more on the pitch than the counter attacking play that they display. They have little history, and before 2003 not even 25% of the "die hard support" that they have now. Suddenly everyone's a Chelsea fan. Bunch of glory hunters, takes the fun out of visiting football forums.

Ah there's that familar sight of the scouse mentality. I could go on to write a small essay on why pretty much everything you've said is complete bollocks (only comment on our support is right, its shocking at times) but I've learn't from experience its just like banging my head against a wall all day long.

I'm proud of the lads, it was a great game and a good advert for the premiership. I had a brilliant night out in the end, lots of banter with the Utd boys and not a piss taker in sight. It was exactly how football should be.

Chelsea are just a high profile version of whats been going on for years. Buying your way to titles is what its always been about, and why its so hard for clubs outside of the premier league, who haven't got two sticks to rub together, to get anywhere.

dull - was the main reason why I stopped following football as much as I used to. Especially after the ITV digital fiasco that created a chasm of a divide between rich and poor clubs, and meant most had to sell off their assets (i.e. any vaguely decent player).

On that note though, was ecstatic to see Forest promoted after a brilliant final flurry. Good on the lads. Young team done good. Hopefully they can build on it in the championship, and one day hit top flight where they belong.

As for the match last night. Credit to both teams, it was highly entertaining. Carrick should have ended the game with that open goal he had to aim for.

Feel sorry for Terry as well. The bloke's a credit to English football, that's so dominated by buying in foreign players. Laughed out loud when Ronaldo missed the penalty. Couldn't have happened to a smugger greasy t**t. I'd have gladdy willed Man U to have lost, just to have reason to laugh at him some more.

Otherwise it was damn shame it had to go to penalties. Both teams had their halves and their chances and both deserved to win.

Its not just premiership teams trying to buy success though. Look at the likes of Peterborough (although Fergie Jnr made some great non-league signings that would have made his old man proud), MK Dons the original franchise club etc. It makes you proud to see the likes of AFC Wimbledon and FC United of Manchester moving on up the leagues towards the big time, honest fan owned clubs doing for th love of football and nothing else.

Anyway Chelsea's non-exsistant history continue in traditional style today, another manager out the door for doing nothing wrong with another guys team.

Hull finally in the premiership reviving the 137 year old Dean Windass to score the winner. Joe Lewis getting a senior England call up. Rangers not throwing away another trophy and Ian Holloway leaving Leicester. Busy day.

The champions league final made me laugh for one simple thing.

I heard that some european managers/comentators whined that this showed how much money had ruined engish football and that they had bought there way to success.

Pardon me?? the said final was the third time a nation had both finalists playing, yet this was the first time it was England. You will forgive me for saying that is the kettle calling the pot black. I can list many european clubs paying obscene fee's to their players (just as the big four in England)

I believe Spain and italy had the first two sets of teams from their respective countries and this has happened only in this century.

Anyways the final was entertaining had pretty much everything but no team deserves to lose in a penalty shootout, but such is life biggrin_o.gif

Now that the Champions League is finished, the 'Euro' cup is coming nicely and already shows many entertaining signs:

- Return of Del Piero within the Italian team.

- Zidane record of being the only french player to score 2 goes for the first international match broken by Bafetimbi Gomis.

- Cristiano Ronaldo finished its best season so far.

Hope that the Swiss/Austrian alps won't be showing any 'misfortune' signs within the next incoming days.

Regards,

TB

Anyone wanna join a EC 2008 betting group (free, and no prices)

register here : http://www.kicktipp.de/arma2008/?language=en

Didn't we have one of these at the WC, too?

I think I pretty much sucked XD

Yes we did. I was in the lead for a long time (until the semi-finals IIRC, which had teams in it that I didn't predict = 0 points ever single match) sad_o.gif

Tonight is the night, we were waiting for biggrin_o.gif

It would be bloody sweet to beat England 3rd time in a row.

There were some fights today, but in general its great atmosphere here in Zagreb, lots of beer (couple of rounds on England fans account, thx m8's wink_o.gif )

Anyway, see you on stadium smile_o.gif

I hate football. Well, I don't, but I hate the huge effect it has on people. I am mildly pleased when my home team wins, but I can't easily watch a whole game of it,, whether it's national or international. I mean, football is so trivial- why care so much about it? (Not that all do).

Why am I posting in this thread? I don't know actually...