Sign in to follow this  
el_muerko

ArmAs Cover Art

If I had to guess, the font change may have been due to Faktos being a freeware font... but that's just speculation.

IMO, BIS should have a Box Shot contest on who can create the best looking box shot, because I'm positive they would get some pretty amazing submissions in their mailbox.

IceAxe18 please remove image tags when quoting.

Its gotta go down something like this smile_o.gif

aslogo1xr5.th.jpg

Oh yea...I likie!

Now if I didnt know anything about OFP and I seen this game I would buy it.

Why the red text?

Why not just black and white with the old fonts?

With that red and black it looks like a logo for a basketball game, like EA Sports or something.. confused_o.gif

Please improve it somehow.

something more like this:

ps- Not that i care about the Box, i really don't but i think it would be better with the old fonts. Would be more agressive and kinda more respectfull (understand who can)

Because the red catches the attention of the eye. Try looking away from your computer screen, and then looking back at the all black one. You won't notice much, and you probably won't look at the details.

Now do the same thing for the red font, and your eye will immediately be drawn to it, then you will spend more time exploring the rest of the image.

It's just about design.

Abs

Current ArmA cover looks fine to me. I have no critics at this time.

Same here, I like the current one. It would have made some sense to stick to the old OFP1 cover format with the soldier pointing the rifle at the buyer...but, ArmA isn't OFP1...

Yep something like a soldier wearing ACU camo. That could be very cool but as you said ArmA isn´t OFP (sadly for this case)

the old school cover with the soldier but with a dust covered ACU, black sun glasses, camel bak, ACOG, AN/PEQ and a grip.

when i scan for games in a store those games with this cheap "battlefield scene" drawings loose my attention first (alŕ bf2, red orchestra .. but finally RO turned out to be an very good game, so this cheap drawing on the box made me to think that game is crap but it wasn't ... OFP OLDSCHOOL SOLDIER FTW !!!!!! )

armakp6.gif

The proportions and alignments are quite rough but something like this would be the best in my opinion.

Truth be told, I like the way Llauma's cover looks. The logo is cool enough that I would pick it up just to find out more.

Abs

Yeah, but the logo itself i dont know... ArmA confused_o.gif .

I would go with something less clustered (the helicopter, soldiers and twisted red letters are too much). Its looks very "gamish" in a generic way and doesnt stand out from the croud. Something more mature and simple would be best imo, leaving the graph for the graph/pic bellow.

Just pick your OPF box, its very simple but its catchy wink_o.gif .

I would go with something less clustered (the helicopter, soldiers and twisted red letters are too much). Its looks very "gamish" in a generic way and doesnt stand out from the croud. Something more mature and simple would be best imo, leaving the graph for the graph/pic bellow.

That's what you're talking about:

armall7.th.gif

rofl.gif Just joking... tounge2.gif

Besides, I like Llauma's cover. It's simple. And i don't really care about it. I will buy the game even without any cover at all smile_o.gif

I like the Llauma one

but as you know 80% of sells are made on the shelves, so here is something that should catch people eyes (instead of the common black box)

f297e4c48a873324d4566982b5f0.gif

img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5775/armakp6.gif[/img]

The proportions and alignments are quite rough but something like this would be the best in my opinion.

Yep. I agree.

First off it's an eyecatcher, because the rest of the covers on the shelf is kinda flashy and lots of bright colors in compare. Somewhat leaves a black hole on the shelf.

Second it adds the game a little mystique because the buyer don't know what you'll get with this game, other than it's about war since he sees the solder and the blackhawk. That was the feeling I got when I saw the F.E.A.R. cover for the first time. A cover of a girl which looks like it's taken from The Ring, that's almost all you get from that cover until you turn it around and start reading about the content.

The cons might just be that it's boring to look at, but when you get peoples attention they would at least have noticed the game.

EDIT: Totaly white might also work, it's all about the contrast smile_o.gif

Exactly.. When I see that cover I get interested in picking it up and checking the backside of it. The white one looks great too.

The logo itself is too complicated as a game logo but it's great as cover art.

i love the black one, probably i will print by myself and put it on the arma box smile_o.gifinlove.gif