Sign in to follow this  
el_muerko

ArmAs Cover Art

Arghhh! crazy_o.gif .

The hell??? Load your guns Placebo pistols.gif .

Email sent smile_o.gif

Armored Assault mad_o.gif .

It was nice of them to upload the latest Arma pictures but its time to fix that armored crap, throw the guns aside Placebo, i think its time to get the T55 out of the garage pistols.gif .

I think they should go for a Total War cover approach.

Example

Simply change the Roman officer to a modern day US soldier. And the Roman army at the bottom to M1A1s rolling across the desert with one quite close and firing on the right side, and a destroyed, burning smaller vehicle (BMP/M113) on the left/middle. Make the close up pic of the US officer not so big so hes not dominating the box. Have him looking backwards (so you can still see his face, but have his head slightly turned and his eyes looking back) at two other men in his squad who look exhausted. The officer should have a bleeding cut on the cheek thats turned towards you and his right hand raised in some kind of military hand signal to the guys behind him.

Slap Armed Assault on the top, the publishers name, Bohemia Interactive, the age rating at the bottom and a small quote from a magazine review, something spoken from 1st person that says how great the game was when he played it and what the game is about in one (if you can find one wink_o.gif )

The green does not fit the theme of the game - that kind of green color reminds me more of a game that is sci-fi or something (such as BattleZone, circa '98). It should stay white.

Also, that green would make some think that it is for the xbox when it actually is not.

Definetly white!

Green looks so childish. Rarely colorful text looks cool.

White or black are always the best options. Less is more.

a cover should be made that clearly hints the games features.

like .. land, sea, air, combat including strategy elements vehicle driving, on foot assaults etc..

The green does not fit the theme of the game - that kind of green color reminds me more of a game that is sci-fi or something (such as BattleZone, circa '98). It should stay white.

Also, that green would make some think that it is for the xbox when it actually is not.

Your sig is wrong though... He simply havent enabled the ironsights in arma, plus he is holding his right hand wrong in your cartoon smile_o.gif

Your sig is wrong though... He simply havent enabled the ironsights in arma, plus he is holding his right hand wrong in your cartoon smile_o.gif

I think all his sig is showing is that the sights aren't enabled and that it's not in the right orientation. Not that the hand positions are incorrect ... he would have labelled it that way otherwise.

Seems to be some errors in that model except for the fact that the soldier is holding it upside down...

And the "cartoon" is most likely rotated.

who cares about the box art... to be honest, 90% of game's box art is utter shite anyway... only Doom 3's box comes to mind when thinking of recent games' box art that captured the mood and the nature of the game.

stick a big fat 18 sticker on it, and you'll have everyone buying it rofl.gif

seriously, I've never, ever bought a game on its cover... thats a bizarre way to waste your money on utter crap. I could dress my steaming turd up to look like a rose, but at the end of the day its still a heap of shit and doesnt smell too nice.

demo's, great marketing, screenies and great reviews... THATS what sells a game, not a picture on a box. I won operation flashpoint in a pc magazine competition, and i specified that i wanted that game... why? because the demo had me hooked, endlessly playing the same mission, trying out different ways to play it and explore the island as much as i could. I also buy games if they are sequels or additons to a genre/series i like - namely Hitman and Total War - Arma will be no different for me

At the time of its release(OFP) I dont believe there were but maybe 1 or 2 gamesout there with the technology of in game vehicles. Believe I was still playin BHD, Medal of Honor an Delta Force Land Warrior(my my how far games have come in the last 10 yrs that in itself should be enough proof) til Joint Operations came out. Anyways if I remember right the the cover was catchy but then again if a game looks decent enough I'd probably buy it. Also being a US Army Veteran at the time there were'nt too many tactical/strategy based shooters that could even measure up to the realism of OFP, cept for maybe BF1942

The only use I have found for those boxcovers is to easly find the game I want to buy when I saw the cover on the net or in a magazine next to a review.

Btw I tink to get sales high they should use the old idea from a way older topic on this.

Get a cover of a big selling game and make it look like its a new version of that game and change it a little bit so it still stays legal.

The Unknown

this falls into both the categories of "BOX ART" and the other thread of "new name..cause arma sux".

im tired of seeing the commonplace "soldiers in combat" box art. everything i see just makes be think of kid stuff. i wanted something that could convey images of thinking, tactics, and military doctrine, rather than the "ITS AWESOME FPS DEATH MATCH BABY!! HEADSHOOOOOOOT!!..BOO-YAH!"

so i tried something with no images of combat, but leave it open for the shopper see something different and "whats this!?

..."KILLBOX" (a desert storm reference, meaning grids, or squares on the maps were designatd "killboxes". you patrolled this area, by foot, armor, or air. anything within this zone not friendly, was destroyed.)

anyways for the name. i figured i want something different. something that sounds tactical, and COLD. but the name itself plays into the game as well. since every mission you need to rely on maps/co ordinates, but also what WE see OFP/ARMA as.. a "synthetic sandbox" for us to explore our imaginations with, creating whatever scenario we would ever dream of.

anyways, im not that great at photochop....but here was my idea...

simple but effective i guess...

i cant find actual image requirements, so i will check back to refit if needed.

EDIT....i just realised its kinda hard to see the background image of the maps gridlines.. i wanted it to focus in on the intended "kill box" of the map....

EDIT #2 -photo taken down till i can get the right size format.

Besides being totally painful, I think that image is quite a lot over the size limit.

LOL...I AGREE :P

iive taken it down for now :P until i can find those limits

That looks more like an advert made from the box art rather than a new box art. What box art has the release date on the cover? And yes, that is the release date if you live in Germany.

Yeah, of course. I was cheering about the release date. Though I live quite a distance from Germany. That picture is just the box art with the release date whacked on it.

The cover at the moment is the same as that one but without the date.

The date is just to catch atention for the release date, nothing more. Ofcourse we are not going to have the box with the date.lol

AUS_Twisted, Aug. 07 2006,14:55

I like this box cover, but the green does make it look like this game is for the XBox, so I would choose white over green.

Why the red text?

Why not just black and white with the old fonts?

armed_logo.png

With that red and black it looks like a logo for a basketball game, like EA Sports or something.. confused_o.gif

Please improve it somehow.

something more like this:

armed_logo1.jpg

ps- Not that i care about the Box, i really don't but i think it would be better with the old fonts. Would be more agressive and kinda more respectfull (understand who can)