Sign in to follow this  
Messiah

UKF Major Release

Hello guys!

Great work as always. I really like the new weapons and the WMIK update makes a perfect addon even better! smile_o.gif

I'm really looking forward the new infantry, but take your time the result will be worth the wait! biggrin_o.gif

whilst the dpm2 looks done on the outside, its running on a pretty basic config as it stands, and doesnt have any of the functionaility and extra's we'd like to include (like the original beret scripts and more)

Yes they are great work indeed, tried it out, had some quick missions! NOICE! thumbs-up.gif

dxdshot1154561344.jpg

Do we have a problem?

dxdshot1154560818.jpg

Covertly positioned

dxdshot1154560033.jpg

Al Fadr Highway An Najaf west bound towards city

dxdshot1154559957.jpg

Near cloverleaf overpass

dxdshot1154559915.jpg

An Najaf airport

thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

After DL,I had to go to work,so I never tried any out.I just got home,went to check out the LR's and weapons,and aside from having the vehicles,I have only the soldiers and weapons in the DPM pack.Are there units that come with the Javelin and C8?

Update:I suck.after typing this in the init line,

"removeallweapons this"; this addmagazine "ukf_JavelinLauncher"; this addweapon "ukf_Javelin" I get error "nothing expected".I know I am screwing something up.

ah i hate bein this guy i really do but for whatever reason none of the customizible features work for me at all and im copy pasteing the codes rite out of the read me and into the game if anyone could help lemme know i want some camoflauge damnit tounge2.gif

If we are talking addon conflicts then things get difficult...  huh.gif

Why.. you ask?!

Because Ive now got 5.7Gb of addon in folder... And Ive tried clearing stuff out allready, the PC addons are gone. But still the bulk of the addons that are in the folder right now I use many times. So tracking down the addon conflict will suck.

Will try again right now...

Mate, your ofp is gunna run like a dog..

Let me (without any malice) present to you the wonderfull invention called MOD FOLDERS

You can place yours addons by type, class, group, or what ever you damn well feel like.. but it does prevent you loading up an insane amount of addons you will never use in a mission.

Plus it will help you debug problems you have.

ah i hate bein this guy i really do but for whatever reason none of the customizible features work for me at all and im copy pasteing the codes rite out of the read me and into the game if anyone could help lemme know i want some camoflauge damnit  tounge2.gif

Show us what you are doing..

Also which file are you putting the examples in?

well what i want to do is add the camo , baskets ,the iraqi version with mine panels iff etc using the init line codes like it says and when i put them in the line and start the mission nothing diffrent shows up on the vehicles and i re downloaded all the needed addons etc and everything is spelled correctly honestly im stumped

edit all these tdiffrent codes used one at a time mind you

After DL,I had to go to work,so I never tried any out.I just got home,went to check out the LR's and weapons,and aside from having the vehicles,I have only the soldiers and weapons in the DPM pack.Are there units that come with the Javelin and C8?

Update:I suck.after typing this in the init line,

"removeallweapons this"; this addmagazine "ukf_JavelinLauncher"; this addweapon "ukf_Javelin"  I get error "nothing expected".I know I am screwing something up.

Thats because it should be:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "ukf_JavelinLauncher"; this addweapon "ukf_Javelin";

You do not need " around 'removeallweapons this'.

Try,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "UKF_Javelinmag"; this addweapon "UKF_JavelinLauncher"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30mag"; this addweapon "UKF_SA80"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30mag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30mag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30mag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30mag"; this addweapon "Binocular"; this addmagazine "ukf_bayonet"

@dkell3 - the reason it didnt work is because you've used the wrong weapon names and mag names (did i spell those wrong as well?). Huey's suggestion is the correct one.

@USCG pilot 12 - when you say you copy the readme exactly, do you mean you type this into an init line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[vehiclename] exec "\ukf_wmik\UKF_camnetDES.sqs"

If so, you need to change the 'vehiclename' part into the name of the vehicle or simply this.

If we are talking addon conflicts then things get difficult... huh.gif

Why.. you ask?!

Because Ive now got 5.7Gb of addon in folder... And Ive tried clearing stuff out allready, the PC addons are gone. But still the bulk of the addons that are in the folder right now I use many times. So tracking down the addon conflict will suck.

Will try again right now...

Mate, your ofp is gunna run like a dog..

Let me (without any malice) present to you the wonderfull invention called MOD FOLDERS

You can place yours addons by type, class, group, or what ever you damn well feel like.. but it does prevent you loading up an insane amount of addons you will never use in a mission.

Plus it will help you debug problems you have.

hahahah actually Ive also got mod folders that werent included! rofl.gif

And my ofp runs quite well considering all those addons. Ive even had more addons in the folder then that and only starting up took some time. I do have a P4 at 3GHZ with 1024DDR2 so 2048 megs of ram...

the problem is, I hate using crappy units, and well therefor I have many addons, also many small addons like camonets, or boxes, or weapon addons, and ALLOT of stuff for Iraq/Afghanistan missions. Tanks, jeeps, trucks, soldiers, weapons, buildings, aircraft, helicopters, boats, the lot...

But also the problem is many missions wont work anymore without the addons.

Im going to sort stuff out again, but also gotta figure out which addon is which .pbo and does it need other .pbo's to run... That sort of shit...

Ive recently placed all the larger mods in modfolders. But I like playing arround with addons for 1 conflict and then go over to another conflict with also requires a whole bunch of other addons.

BTW Ive gotten the bug on other map aswell, only If I go offroad. I tried it on An Najaf map, on which Ive never had those bugs.

To be honest its really cool when you offroad like in mountains and jungles, the jeep bounces all over the place which looks very cool. But on a flat desert surface its crap... It also slows down the addon allot.

Its kinda like the jeep thinks its playing on MAX quality terrain, but I only use normal quality settings in ofp... huh.gif

So maybee you guys should look in the direction of soft terrain handling or something...

Because other vehicles (tested yesterday) dont have those bugs on the same places. The first post about this was really the map, but now Ive tested on other maps it has occured more often...

I thought it only had to do with some maps but it seems it does involve something on the rovers aswell... It mainly occurs on desert/ sandy terrain...

thumbs-up.gif

But they sure look nice... I wonder if the snatch rovers will have the same thing. The other rovers (normal ones) dont have that problem as far as Ive been able to test.

But as I mentioned above, when your really driving offroad it looks cool! Like the fkn camel trophy! wink_o.gif

its because of the jacked up rear suspension we simulated... its accurate visually, but does run a bit bad off road on some maps... the snatch doesnt have the same suspension, so should be fine.

OK,after changing my init lines to the correct names,I now get:

No config.bin CFG Javelin.I dont know what I am doing.I have all the required addons.I am hopeless!!!!! mad_o.gif

I like that little mission you put together!

@manhunter09 && Messy

Quote[/b] ]Not really an error but it looked funny.

We had a few bizarre occurances with the MILANs, but never that.

That does actually happen, it takes about a frame or a few for the missile to point in the correct direction (whether you see it is performance related)..

It's a OFP feature which presents itself like that due to the workarounds MCAR uses...

Would not happen if you used the MCAR Engine instead of the 'oldies' wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]we've also had reports that ACES may not be compatible with the Mcar code.... something worth checking out...

Can not confrim this, however Sa8Gecko told me that both ACES and the MCAR Engine run together just fine (I'm not into planes so haven't really tested around with ACES myself)..

Anyways, top stuff... Again.. smile_o.gifnotworthy.gif

if you're getting that error, then you're not putting the correct init line in, or you dont have the latest weapons pack pbo installed.

tried and tested just now:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine "ukf_javelinmag"; this addWeapon "ukf_javelinlauncher"

[edit]

Hey h-, nice of you to drop in and thanks for all the help you boys gave us. Yeah, we may still implement the newer code at some point, but after such a painful struggle to get this one working, it seemed a shame to can it tounge2.gif

Holy dancing bananas,I did I.

Ok UKF you dont have to worry about the village idiot anymore,well,for a while at least. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Great work!

if you're getting that error, then you're not putting the correct init line in, or you dont have the latest weapons pack pbo installed.

tried and tested just now:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine "ukf_javelinmag"; this addWeapon "ukf_javelinlauncher"

[edit]

Hey h-, nice of you to drop in and thanks for all the help you boys gave us. Yeah, we may still implement the newer code at some point, but after such a painful struggle to get this one working, it seemed a shame to can it  tounge2.gif

good way to solve would be an ammo box and weapons box for the Ammo side. If some one could make an script for the weapons and all like SJB did would be great wink_o.gif Some one knows how to, I know UKF sead that they would some time but that mite take an min for that, saying that they most likely there working on stuff huh.gif

Great addons as ever but I seem to be having trouble with the MILAN WMIK's. Ofp keeps crashing occasionally when they fire. Not all the time but enough to make it annoying. Any ideas why? All the other vehicles work ok.

Not really on topic, but I think some of the UKF files at ofp.info are corrupt.  I have downloaded them multiple times, but I am getting an invalid archive error on these files:

UKF Diemaco.rar

UKF Sidearms.rar

UKF WMIK 2.0.rar

UKF Weapons Pack 2.0.rar

EDIT:

Hmm... just downloaded a trial version of winrar and they worked, I guess the program I was using(7zip) doesn't like those files. Anyone have any recommendations for free programs that open rar files?

Powerarchiver is one of the best programs for opening compressed files. It even has support for .CAB files which offer a higher compression rate than .RAR (which is why I use them). Powerarchiver can be found over at www.download.com - just run a search as I don't have a direct URL.