Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

whats the difference between the russian/american addons I can get individually and FFUR because it seems I dont need to download the mod in order to get for example the ka52 etc...

In short whats unique about ure mod that would make me download it ?

guys, be wise with your answers, i smell another flaming...

my answer is simple, go to the 1st page of this topic, see the pictures, info and if not enough, download the mod and taste what's good there. Man you or kid, who cares, but please stop doing this, you know what i mean.

you know what i would like?

FFUR 2006 with WGL effects smile_o.gif

that means explosions and whatnot...

you can roughly have WGL effects with any mod.  copy the CFG cloudlets section from the WGL config and overwrite your favorite mods explosions.  pretty simple stuff.

The mod is around 1Gig after it's finally been unpacked.

Quote[/b] ]In short whats unique about ure mod that would make me download it ?

Whats unique about you that you need that question answered and couldnt find out on your own in the first place?  whistle.gif

Just because you are capable of asking questions, doesnt mean you always should.  mad_o.gif

Just because you are capable of asking questions, doesnt mean you always should. mad_o.gif

Ah yes... the BIS Forum Motto whistle.gif

you know what i would like?

FFUR 2006 with WGL effects smile_o.gif

that means explosions and whatnot...

you can roughly have WGL effects with any mod. copy the CFG cloudlets section from the WGL config and overwrite your favorite mods explosions. pretty simple stuff.

The mod is around 1Gig after it's finally been unpacked.

had no idea about that.....

will try ASAP

You know, as much as I'm looking forward to FFUR 2.5... I would even more wish to have just FFUR 2.0 MP Capable, at least until FFUR 2.5 MP Capable comes out!

I'm tired of replaying the Original Campaign alone.

I'd rather be able to stabily play the various Coop's, CTI, and Theme missions with FFUR instead. Just like I can do with CLSA, Y2K3, Finmod, BW, and several others. *sighs*

I really really like the East vs. West aspect of FFUR and Y2K3, but, no servers anymore run them.

Wook [iDGN]

whine whine whine.  if you're going to cry, cry to your mom. you should be grateful that people actually take the time out of their lives, much less somone who is actually an adult and in the military to bring you this mod, much less countless updates.  instead of wondering when you get your greedy little hands on the next patch, stop and thank someone for a change for letting you enjoy flashpoint again at ALL.  

"If you give a mouse a cookie, he's gonna want a glass of milk."

I'm not meaning to be my normal rude self in saying that, but seriously, the news has been put out: it's being made, is in the process of being tested, and will be downloaded by you as SOON as it's finished, i promise. if armed assault comes out first, then play armed assault.

Thought I posted this just two pages back..... If you can't read this please let me know I thought it was in English but then I drink a little to often confused_o.gif

For all that needed to know. However I'm especially looking forward to the FFUR2006 V2.5!

PREPARE FOR ARMA-GEDDON!

London, 10th October 2006 - 505 Games, the flourishing UK-based videogames publisher, is delighted to announce a publishing agreement with the highly regarded European developer Bohemia Interactive, to bring 2007's best tactical shooter ArmA: Armed Assault to Europe(1).

Best known for the genre-breaking smash hit Operation Flashpoint, Bohemia Interactive has crafted an exceptional military shooter in ArmA: Armed Assault. The game offers players incredible realism, dense tactics and intense strategy. You will need to rely on keen eyesight, gut instincts and a sharp strategic mind if you are to survive on the expansive battlefields of ArmA. Every decision you make could mean the difference between death and glory for you and your troops.

ArmA also features extensive multiplayer modes and matches, which offer something for every online FPS gamer, whether they enjoy considered strategising or fast aggressive frag-fests. Anticipation and support for ArmA is already very strong from an eager and vocal community of PC gamers.

"We are really thrilled to enter the PC publishing market with a title with such heritage as Armed Assault," comments Ian Howe, 505 Games' Managing Director. "We now aim to compliment our existing portfolio by offering gamers outstanding European PC titles. The ArmA agreement is just our first step into the PC market."

Marek Spanel, director of Bohemia Interactive, adds: "ArmA is our second major PC release. We're delighted that in 505 Games we found a strong distribution partner for a major part of Europe, as well as certain other countries. We'll be working together to fulfil the big expectations of the healthy community of gamers that arose from our debut PC game Operation Flashpoint(2) and we will again push forward the boundaries of just how deep the ultimate realistic combat simulation on PC can be."

ArmA: Armed Assault, published by 505 Games and developed by Bohemia Interactive, is scheduled for release on PC in first quarter 2007.

http://www.armedassault.com/

whine whine whine.  if you're going to cry, cry to your mom. you should be grateful that people actually take the time out of their lives, much less somone who is actually an adult and in the military to bring you this mod, much less countless updates.  instead of wondering when you get your greedy little hands on the next patch, stop and thank someone for a change for letting you enjoy flashpoint again at ALL.  

I'm not meaning to be my normal rude self in saying that, but seriously, the news has been put out: it's being made, is in the process of being tested, and will be downloaded by you as SOON as it's finished, i promise.  if armed assault comes out first, then play armed assault.

Oleo, please lady.

FFUR was originally brought to the OFP Community as a MP TC Mod. [Multiplayer Total Conversion Modification]

That being said its been a year and still no MP config, and although most all the work has been to bring a new and greater level of realism to the models that basic OFP uses in SP [single Player] missions, I've yet in over a year... thats a whole YEAR, to have the chance to play this TC Mod in MP play without the constant crashing associated to it.

*whines*

Basically FFUR teased the OFP Community for it's MP Play status thereby bringing it unheard of instant popularity but, it originally was not actually being playtested or 'envisioned' for MP Play.

Bait and switch?

Hey, I'm venting here. TBird and the guys and gals in FFUR have CERTAINLY done a HUGE WONDERFUL JOB with FFUR without a doubt.

I came to FFUR looking forward to the MP gameplay aspect, if thats not intended to happen in now a year on, then why the original teaser for MP Play.

You know, if you're going to promote something as MP, then do the MP. Otherwise, its basically just dramatic attention grabbing from the Community to promise MP and yet only a year on still be talking and walking SP gameplay instead.

Do I feel greedy? No. It was promised MP, but still remains over a year on SP.

Grateful? To what extent? I feel lied to. Teased for my forum attention yet the efforts still center around the SP aspect?

Newest forum title.

FFUR HUGE RELEASE *FOR SINGLEPLAYER ONLY* 2.5

You want to be rude to someone who's supported TBird's efforts in this forum, fine. Treat me like a child, I'll call the shots on an adult level.

STOP lying to these forums and post truthfully your SP Mod's intentions instead of dragging these boys and girls through the 'Trail of Tears' teasing and thus lying about some never intended feature for MP gameplay.

Irritated response,

Wook [iDGN]

Well the fact is its not about waiting its about been told many times that the patch is near. How close is near? 3 month, 1 year? I think Tb is gone again. There should be more people than just him working on the mod.

And yep when arma is out i will definitely played it and probably everyone here so ffur will have take all this time for nothing.

This isn't exactly the place for this, but to clear it up... I'm a guy, so don't say female. OLE MISS is a nickname of the University of Mississippi, in Oxford, Mississippi, The Rebels are the school mascot, hence, the olemissrebel username. It's kind of hard for a chick to be an infantryman in the united states army wink_o.gif

Must....resist....a....comment!

Noes, it will become a flame war!

People, you just need to wait, seems that it got transformed from an MPTC to an SPTC. Screw it.

Ha ha Carry on with the "entertainment" It passes the time until the patch is released! As for armed assault being released I say again and again" Don't fall for all the hype i'll put money on it that it's not released for a long time.

Closed at the request of the thread starter.