Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

Hi everyone,

I just would like to inform you that the release of the FFUR 2006 2.5 patch is very close, and that the "SP" part of the mod has undergone very intensive tests (Thanks to the beta testers for the great feedback so far), we are actually looking forward to an incoming release from a mod (wouldn't mention it to keep the surprise effect ;-)) before carrying out the final changes and tests.

In addition, the FFUR 2006 2.5 features the ability of swimming and this time, this goes to all soldiers and not only to Special Forces (Including specified animations).

Kylesarnik's new grenades would hopefully be included as well, featuring the nice effects that go with them.

Thank you all, for your patience.

Nice videos [TheOne] btw, keep it up.

smile_o.gif

regards,

thunderbird84

Did the beta testers beat the "original" campaigns (OFP, Resistance, and Red Hammer) and did not experience any problems while playing? I am asking because the last time I played one of the "original" campaigns (OFP) using FFUR, the "realistic" enemy AI broke the campaign.

Ant Test that it works on MP

Start a HomeServer and check of Errors

Try to start a ded. linux or win32 Server

(Or you make a "ClientOnly" MP Config...)

That patch is totally worth the wait, I assure you wink_o.gif

I'll take that assurance. All the listed updates are looking mighty impressive. I just hope it doesn't take to long to release (I know all about TB84 PL issues, but I hope he can find some time off and just get the patch out there).

FFUR 2.0 should work online on replacing regular OFP units on regular mp missions as long as the server is running the MOD itself, aight?

FFUr 2.0 works on an ded. Server yes but not all mission works with it. Hopefully FFUR 2.5 works 100% on an Server. And hopefully the AI is not so hard. In FFUR 2.0 they kill me at 300 meter distance with one shoot or something.

300 meters seems pretty average for your normal rifleman, seems perfect to me.

300 meters seems pretty average for your normal rifleman, seems perfect to me.

Not in a combat situation with a single shot. On the range yes, but you have time to prep your shot, but the AI seem like they have a high magnification scope and/or heat-seeking bullets sometimes...That siad, this has been a long-standing bug with OFP itself, though hopefully FFUR can help rectify it.

If you ask me they should be jam-ified, times two. It's hard as hell to hit anything when you're all worked up.  Much less sitting prone in the open getting shot at.  You'd be lucky to hit your target 1/50 shots. 300M is the farthest target we have to shoot at on a pop-up qualification range, concealed, and popping up, it's hard enough for the average joe to see it, much less hit it.

Quote[/b] ]it's hard enough for the average joe to see it, much less hit it.

It sure is hard enough for me to see down range, missed a target with 5 rounds down a 30metre range with a martini .22 , forgot my bloody glasses! biggrin_o.gif

FFUr 2.0 works on an ded. Server yes but not all mission works with it. Hopefully FFUR 2.5 works 100% on an Server. And hopefully the AI is not so hard. In FFUR 2.0 they kill me at 300 meter distance with one shoot or something.

OK, I'm fairly new to multiplayer missions. How do you recognise a dedicated FFUR2006 server in OFP's multiplayer list then? Will it simply say OFP 1.96+FFUR2006? If so I've been looking and not seen one.

Quote[/b] ]Does anyone know of a FFUR2006 Mod server for multiplayer gaming?

GOL has one occationally.. we just took it off to change our server.. might be back up soon..

FFUR for MP play.

FFUR as it currently stands does not work consistently for MP gaming.

Reasons:

- Individually scripted units cause conflicts with eachother ingame causing the server to crash randomly.

- Bloodspots on the ground 'especially' lag out both server and clients as OFP 'counts' them as basically dropped ammo bins and in larges misssions, especially CTI's, this feature hoses the game.

- Blast fragments and individually scripted 'debris' [note: especially several of the aircraft] completely lag out both server and clients as such vehicles accumulate on the battlefield.

Beyond these basic issues FFUR isn't ready for MP gameplay.

FFUR is an exceptional SP game TC.

For SP play, I would argue that the rifleman fire is single-shot killing me [as if each soldier had a sniper rifle instead of an AK-74] at 500 meters. The MG troops aren't quite as bad since their shots are hitting an 'area' instead of a point target at that range and this sort of saturation fire is expected from MG troops, but, not the pin-point accuracy of the Riflemen at that same range. The weapons are too actually realistically accurate, the problem is, OFP doesn't model a 'novice' trooper's accuracy too well apart from how it hard-codes the weapon's accuracy in the Config file.

For SP play, I've found that the most effective means of finishing the game is to just simply spot for your squad. Consider yourself the Pathfinder, just note where each of the badguys is... and your squad takes them out as if they're SpecOps instead. If you don't do that, you're squad always gets completely wiped out each mission.

SP gameplay notes, in several of the missions the 'longer targetting reach' due to the changes actually breaks several missions. Why? In most of the missions there are enemy vehicles placed 'around the combat area'. These vehicles especially, but in a few cases the 'super snipers' are the cause, take pot-shots at you or your squad from 3 or 4Km away. A notable mission where I first noticed this issue was the CWC 2nd to 4th mission where you're supposed to ride with your CO from Morton to the Lighthouse and pickup the truck at the Lighthouse and drive back. There is either a BMP or a super sniper on the hilltop near Levie who starts shooting your HMMV at a range of somewhere around 2km or 3km. After failing the mission under fire twice, one time failed cuz CO's HMMV took damage, the next time failed cuz the truck got hit once... I just take extra evasive action now realizing this issue. However, it is almost un-playable in several missions where stealth is called for. The extra-high settings for troops 'listen/spot' skills ruins several of the 'Stealth only' missions.

To be honest, when FFUR came out originally it was within the community promised to be an MP TC, I do hope that it continues this trend and doesn't relegate itself to SP only status.

Its my interest to play FFUR in CTI's mostly. Currently that isn't working.

Its my interest to play FFUR in Coop missions. Currently that is only half-working.

Cheers for all your hardwork and continued support for you and your team, TBird.

Wook [iDGN]

Cheers for all your hardwork and continued support for you and your team, TBird.

It would be nice if most MODs concentrated on netplay so people can enjoy it together instead of playing on SP missions feeling secluded from the community. SP can only be fun for so long. But unquestionably without doubts, this is an excellent MOD put together by talented devoted people thanks to a talented dedicated community.

Here, here. Can't say I've ever come across a community as dedicated, talented and professional as those working to make OFP better. Fingers crossed, this remains true for Armed Assault! smile_o.gif

Hi everyone,

As stated a couple of day ago, the surprise is finally revealed (RHS releases) and we have a lot to do in order to upgrade once again the patch, including the new RHS models and features that go with the addons by making sure that they work properly with FFUR scripts, I'm afraid this might delay a bit the release date, though, but it worths it. ; -)

Special thanks to the RHS team for the amazing work and the input, despite the close release of ArmA.

As already said previously, the multiplayer aspect of the mod will get intensive tests and we will make sure that everything will work on-line as it should.

No worries about the AI, though, as already said, it has undergone several changes and revisions, it is much better now and more realistic, no more "sniper-riflemen" or "high-skilled" resistance fighters.

Btw, as a matter of realism, russian mothorized infantry troops won't carry backpacks (excluding medics), and the units that will carry backpacks won't be able to swim, for the same purpose, though and hopefully, the previous wgl ammunition values we have incorporated would be updated as well.

More detailed informations and screenshots will be available soon.

Thank you for your patience,

regards,

Thunderbird84

What could he show?

Look at my screens and you got it, hehe, well they will replace the heads by BIS ones at least.

nice1 tb it will look great with the rhs units.. im surly going to make a ffur2.5 movie when its released tounge2.gif