Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

I know I'm gonna sound like an idiot but I prefer the "Whoosh" sound better that those "realistic" sounds of snaping [or like someone whips in the air]

excellent video, everyone should watch that.

Wowzers i just watched it! That battle field game loks brill! Any one know if it is or not? I've never played it but it looks good in that vid!

excellent video, everyone should watch that.

I just checked that vid out. It's cool but is that how loud the crack actually is in real life. And is it possible to implement that kind of sound into OFP.

i doubt bullets would make that sound because they'd of allready gone through the sound barrier unless they are subsonic like the .45ACP

I meant the REAL LIFE video in the bottom portion of that page, yes, they sound like that in real life. You rarely hear the actual report of the rifle firing.  It's entirely possible in OFP, all one needs to do is get audacity and after converting the video to wave, clip some sounds, and replace the default bullet whizz, or ECP whizzes, et cetera. It hurts your ears it's so loud with they crack overhead.

It would be nice but from the sounds of the video they did a very poor atempt of it. The sounds are always the same if there could be some variety in different CRACK sounds it could be okay but from the BF2 video it was just plain anoying.

It would be nice but from the sounds of the video they did a very poor atempt of it. The sounds are always the same if there could be some variety in different CRACK sounds it could be okay but from the BF2 video it was just plain anoying.

As you maybe read, they wrote that it is far away from perfect, but I'm shure if you would have more sound files, it would be a very intense game feeling.

Hi everyone,

I have not written in awhile since I have been quite busy (army... etc), but I should again have a bit more free time to definitely accomplish the awaited patch.

Actually, as the main and last needed task, we have to entirely focuse on the multiplayer side, and we would contact several people that have been kind enough to help us to polish some of the mp aspects previously.

Sincerely, thank you for your patience and amazing support, I will come up with a bunch of shots as soon as possible.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards,

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]Curious why FFUR doesnt use VME's CQB Ai?

Been discused before reason is becuase it casues too much lag when there trying to keep the mod lag free as much as possible.

Quote[/b] ]i doubt bullets would make that sound because they'd of allready gone through the sound barrier unless they are subsonic like the .45ACP

Bullets most definetly make that sound when passing close to you, I know first hand, trust me. That would be very very neat if they did this ingame.

Rifles are pretty quiet though.

Good luck with the patch

JW

smile_o.gif

no, rifles are not quiet little child, if they were quiet, why would certain situations call for silenced weapons

no, rifles are not quiet little child, if they were quiet, why would certain situations call for silenced weapons

To allow Tony Two-Toes to go on with his business.

well . . .silenced weapons arn't that quaiet . .I read somewhere that they could be heard for about 100m. is that true ? and that in the desert a gun shot can be heard for miles . . huh.gif

As always, depends upon the weapon, sonic or subsonic ammo, etc etc ad infinitum. The silenced M4 using sonic ammo is particularly "loud" as far as being a silenced weapon goes, compared to the MP5SDwhatever it's like clanging a cymbal.

Sure sounds could be heard a ton in the desert, no ambient sound, and no muffling structures.