Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

Wow T.B you sure do aim to please smile_o.gif New unit's are good,i'm glad you didn't stick with the "zebra" stripe vest one's!

Great models TB!

Wanted to ask, in this picture:

Final_us_sol3.jpg

Those things on the vest, are suposed to be pouches for the m203 grenades ?

Quote[/b] ]Those things on the vest, are suposed to be pouches for the m203 grenades ?

Would beleive so. However normally you wouldnt be able to see the camo underneath the puches? How about dragging them closer to each other so you cant see the camo underneath to me that would make them look a bit better.

I think some of you are asking way too much little details for a game. No offence. lol Anyway i think they look great. Hell ffur2006 they were already good. Thx tb. Please keep them that way and maybe focused on something else on the mod? There is much more in a mod then just a soldier's texture.

Blast the textures, they look fine.

My advice - the helmet now looks like crap. No offense to CodeBlue, of course, but I'd advise you ditch their helmet and retain HYK's. I'm sure the fans' computers will be able to handle it. thumbs-up.gif At the moment the helmet looks... square and stretched.

What's up with that patch...that HAS to go.  Plus, this is ffur2006.  if any US units were deployed to a hotspot, they'd be issued the latest gear, if they hadn't been already, ie, ACU. There's really no need for all of this woodland camo, even if it is nice to look at.  It's just not 2006.  I was issued ACUs in October '05. & why not use the mich thats in (i believe) TQP SF, the padded back of the helmet on that one looks very realistic. perhaps its lasers air force para rescues?

What's up with that patch...that HAS to go.  Plus, this is ffur2006.  if any US units were deployed to a hotspot, they'd be issued the latest gear, if they hadn't been already, ie, ACU. There's really no need for all of this woodland camo, even if it is nice to look at.  It's just not 2006.  I was issued ACUs in October '05.  & why not use the mich thats in (i believe) TQP SF, the padded back of the helmet on that one looks very realistic.  perhaps its lasers air force para rescues?

I completely agree with Olemissrebel on this one.  While the new woodland units look decent with the exception of that US SOCOM patch, it is kind of wasted effort seeing as woodland is obsolete.  I prefer to stick to ACU, but having the option is nice for others.  It just seems that all that energy, time, and resources could be better spent.  But TB (and team), this is your mod.  Do what makes YOU happy and the droves of fans will follow.  Thanks for all the updates by the way, it seems like you guys must be working overtime on this patch.  I will be waiting patiently for the release.

I think it's because ACU makes the game unbalanced. Because ACU is such a crap pattern. It's crap in real life, not to mention a game!

great pics and all but why spend so much time on soldier textures?

as if you would take the time to examin the enmys uniform to see if it looks good...

i mean tanks and heli yes you would pay attention to those but not units cuze the only thing you use m for is to shootem making the textures look red

"just my opinion"

dont get angry and just call me a whiner if you want.. its just my opinion...

the rest looks great btw..

oh and erhm... are there any modern malden everon etc maps released? asin modern buildings instead of the original ones... i would like that if those would come with the mod whistle.gif anyways GJ sofar smile_o.gif

I think it's because ACU makes the game unbalanced.  Because ACU is such a crap pattern.  It's crap in real life, not to mention a game!

what the hell are you smoking? if it was such a crap pattern, would the most technically advaned, and arguably the best army on earth adopt it as their official pattern? i think not. just because you think it looks tacky doesnt mean its crap in combat

i've seen it quite a few times on the news and its great it changes depending on lighting, i have a jacket like it its the dyes in it, and AFAIK OFP cant model colour changing dyes lol

I think it's because ACU makes the game unbalanced. Because ACU is such a crap pattern. It's crap in real life, not to mention a game!

what the hell are you smoking? if it was such a crap pattern, would the most technically advaned, and arguably the best army on earth adopt it as their official pattern? i think not. just because you think it looks tacky doesnt mean its crap in combat

In OFP, from what I've seen in pics, the ACU sticks out like a sore thumb. It does not "work" as well in OFP as it would in RL. Thats where he's probably going with the unbalanced remark. Those woodland units may be "so 2003" or whatnot, but even in the pics you can see how well they would blend into a woodland island.

Got GREAT idea (try not laughing now - I cannot biggrin_o.gif)

- attention:

Adding Unflip Vehicle script to KLR 250  rofl.gif

Here's the code from MFCTI:

UnflipVehicle.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_vehicle = _this Select 0

_vehicle SetPos (GetPos _vehicle)

What about that? Isn't it annoying when bike falls to the side and you cannot pull it up?  pistols.gif

edit: <10 kph speed condition of course wink_o.gif

In OFP, from what I've seen in pics, the ACU sticks out like a sore thumb. It does not "work" as well in OFP as it would in RL. Thats where he's probably going with the unbalanced remark. Those woodland units may be "so 2003" or whatnot, but even in the pics you can see how well they would blend into a woodland island.

Oh I have to disagree on that one...

Yesterday I edited that GDCE dynamic campaign (sorry to the author but I forgot who it's by) to use John's ACU Special Forces, and they fit really well on Everon. The shade he's used is spot on for that environment. I've found other ACU units to be either too blue-ish or grey-ish, but he's got the balance between sandy, bluey and grey-y (lol) just right

ahh on the camo patterns ACU is well for most part Desert camo, Digital Camo wouldent that be ACU too, what im saying is ACU Digital camo is just about the same USA changed camo during Iraqi freedom as saying adapted to the environment, now next conflick would be in North Kora now looking at pic from over there thay are still wearing woodland camo no digital camo, Now putting and ACU camo in an woodland environment would be like putting an white artic camo unit in an woodland place, would no work. I like the new FFUR woodland units looks nice.

It works decently in desert and around buildings, it works well in dark shadows (almost every pattern does)... but in normal woodland conditions it's horrible..

I've seen it in use and it does not work.. I don't know what the designers were smoking but there are better alternatives than I-C-U..

As interesting as the ACU argument is to have here (for the 25th time), this isn't really the place for it. Its been established that the ACU and Woodland BDU configs will both be included in the patch, so for those of you who dislike ACU, well you can use the BDU config and vice-versa.

I've seen it in use and it does not work.. I don't know what the designers were smoking but there are better alternatives than I-C-U..

rofl.gif

anyway, in OFP ACU don't give good camoflague.

Is the ACU replacing the desert camoflague in the US army also ?

now next conflick would be in North Kora now looking at pic from over there thay are still wearing woodland camo no digital camo, Now putting and ACU camo in an woodland environment would be like putting an white artic camo unit in an woodland place, would no work.

Wrong Wrong Wrong, you have to actually use it in 'real-life' to see how it truely works. Playing one persons textures in a video game is not going to determine it's possibilities. We don't know if North Korea is the next stop unless you snagged some highly classified documents somewhere and it said so in fine print. Arctic camo is not the same as ACU.

I think the new units look just great, with the vest and all they just look better, like they should.

Yes the new units look good, the last ones looked goofy.. I could care less about precise placement of grenade pouches on the vest just so long as it does not look totally unrealistic.  

thumbs-up.gif

In the new patch are there going to be less tracers?  And if not at least not red and green?  Yellow or something..

I have one complaint about the sniper rifles, I have to aim one spot above the center line to hit a person at about 1-1,5km to hit a guy, not one spot below. It's like the bullet gains height instead of losing it. Maybe I'm wrong, but shouldn't the bullet lose height, hence the name bullet drop?

Shashman - those were my ACU textures, Joe just borrowed them, but I'll let your faux pas slide. tounge2.gif

And the US Army uses ACU, not BDU. Why it's in there still I have no idea, but it's not my mod so I'll shut up about it.

Quote[/b] ]And the US Army uses ACU, not BDU. Why it's in there still I have no idea, but it's not my mod so I'll shut up about it.

This is true, they switched in '05 to ACU but I still like the BDU's myself. A patch after this possibly?