Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

I don't know why all of the M4's in this mod are full automatic, they are ALL burst in real life! That is, the ones used by light infantry anyways.

What the hell?? First time I hear about burst-fire mode on M4 ... confused_o.gif

arrm I think M4 has burst and M4A1 has auto . .or visa versa. please correct me if i'm wrong.

that's what you get for relying on mods for info and not actually being infantry wink_o.gif all are burst, the recievers are pretty much restamped and made to fire only burst, no matter what model you have. you would think with all of the M4s out there in this game someone would have figured this out eventually

The new FOV at the 3rd person is a little too far

but at the first person, i prefer it wink_o.gif

I don´t. I want the old one back!!!

I tried to mod it myself but to no avail.

arrm I think M4 has burst and M4A1 has auto . .or visa versa. please correct me if i'm wrong.

Yes you are correct. Since the m4's used in FFUR are infact M4A1's they SHOULD have full auto capabilities. The problem is, as oldmissrebel pointed out from experience, the m4's used by regular US infantry in real life are vanilla m4's that have single and burst. M4A1's are only used by special operating units.

So FFUR should have used regular M4's for the regular infantry, but since they went with M4A1's they are correct in giving them full auto. Hope this clears some confusion up.

The new FOV at the 3rd person is a little too far

but at the first person, i prefer it wink_o.gif

I don´t. I want the old one back!!!

I tried to mod it myself but to no avail.

same here sad_o.gif

Quit crying about it, its his mod, he made it the way he wanted to, whooptedo. I hated the new FOV at first, but play with it for awhile, and youll never want to play without it. It's an acquired taste

Sorry, but when I look at the squished together units that ride by in the bomberman mission... the BMP looks more like it's a VW Bug when it's in the center of the screen.

These people who are complaining don't hate the mod, they want to be able to enjoy it. It would be nice if changeing things on this scale be made optional. For me it is -not- realistic to be able to see that wide an angle on the same sized screen. It distorts the shapes of the things your looking at, it's like takeing what could be rendered on a widescreen monitor and squishing it to the shape of a 16:9 monitor.

To each their own, but there's obviously enough interest here for people to either figure out the fix (which apparently is not soo easy), or even better, get some word from the mod crew on where to look in the config or patch it. Not a demand, it would just be nice.

I agree, i like pretty the new fov but it should be an option cuz' there's too many people that can't play the mod with the new fov confused_o.gif

Quit crying about it

It's an acquired taste.

Well no shit sherlock, i guess it's not to everyones tastes though eh?

smartarse.

it's been explained several times in this and other recently opened topics how to change it back to default. It's not exactly rocket science; it takes no more than two or three minutes to do.

it's been explained several times in this and other recently opened topics how to change it back to default. It's not exactly rocket science; it takes no more than two or three minutes to do.

In that case could you explain the steps? Might change the topic of the thread if there were some actual useful info on this right here in this thread wink_o.gif

I'm not keen on the level of FOV myself, but I'd like something slightly more wider than FDF. If I can do this myself, I will.

I like the new FOV and I haven't heard any complaints about it from people that join our server. I think it's great that FFUR tried to make the game more realistic looking from a first person viewpoint. I like the fact that you can see more of the weapon and still zoom way in to pinpoint a close target without aiming.

As far as I know the M4 and the M4A1 are from the LSR weapons packs and those are the models available for use in OFP. Damn good models IMO at that! I've seen the different color M4's however not as in addon for use with OFP. If you know of one or somthing better than that which is currently in use, post it. I'm sure others are interested in seeing these models as well as am I.

So how to change the FOV:

1.) Download the CPP to BIN program

2.) Open config.cpp in notepad, which can be found at "..\ffur2006\Bin\Editable Config\" directory

3.) Push Ctrl+F (or go to Edit>>Search) and search for word "Man : Land" or "Man:Land" (dont know, how are those spaces)

4.) Dont click on text yet, just search again for "initFov"

5.) Change the value 1.0 at initFov line to 0.7

6.) Save new config at "..\ffur2006\Bin\" as config.cpp

7.) Make a copy of old FFUR config.bin

8.) Open CPP to BIN utility

9.) Convert CPP config at "..\ffur2006\Bin\" to BIN format

10.) Run FFUR 2006

Maybe it looks difficult, but its not. wink_o.gif

the only reason i use it is because its pretty much widescreen, i can see how it woul dlook jacked up on a small boxy monitor

In that case could you explain the steps? Might change the topic of the thread if there were some actual useful info on this right here in this thread wink_o.gif

I'm not keen on the level of FOV myself, but I'd like something slightly more wider than FDF. If I can do this myself, I will.

People, it's been explained already in a separate thread  wink_o.gif .

OK, once again..

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]Quote (Pancho @ Aug. 02 2006,08:37)

Ok, so I tried numerous times for help but no one was intrested in helping out on the FFUR thread, so I decided to make one of myy own on the subject.

The FOV (field of vision) on FFUR 2.0 looks ridiculous. Both for 1st person and 3rd person view. So I want to revert to FFUR 2006 FOV specs. Which look more accurate and realistic.

Problem is, I don´t know how. Can anyone help me or guide me on how to revert?

Hi,Pancho!

You should look at 'Class Man : Land' entry in editable config.

There you'll find

fov=1.00000;

minFov=0.420000;

maxFov=1.000000;

Change marked values to 0.85000 (personally I prefer 0.75000  )

Wait, that's not all..

Look further below for this:

class ViewPilot: ViewPilotBase

{

initAngleX=8; minAngleX=-40; maxAngleX=+45;

initAngleY=0; minAngleY=-125; maxAngleY=+125;

initFov=1.00; minFov=0.42; maxFov=1.00;

};

Comment (use //) or delete marked string..or change it's values to

initFov=0.75; minFov=0.42; maxFov=0.75;

Now you can do usual cpp>bin and replace original config.bin.

Good Luck!

Thanks to action man's reply on how to replace default models, I've taught myself how to edit OFP.  So far I've replaced ALL Russian Soldiers with Middle East, Taliban, and Terrorist models.  I've also changed all of the Worlds to Desert.  I've been testing this online w/ my friends and everything seems to be going good.  If anyone is interested in the FFUR 2006 Mod w/ Desert Islands and Middle East/Terrorist enemies rather than Russians, I will be posting the link for download.  My only concern...I want to make sure it is okay to modify FFUR 2006 v. 2.0 and release it publically...TB???

Thanks!!!

i'm guessing, but i'd be willing to bet hell no, although you can do it on your own for you and your buddies

Question?

How do i use the ACU units instead of the woodland? Sorry if this has been asked which it probably has.

In the game as it's installed now, go to men, then ACU men or whatever they are called in the editor. TB said there will be a patch out shortly that replaces the default units with the ACU men, until then, you'll have to wait.

People, it's been explained already in a separate thread  wink_o.gif .

OK, once again..

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]Quote (Pancho @ Aug. 02 2006,08:37)

Ok, so I tried numerous times for help but no one was intrested in helping out on the FFUR thread, so I decided to make one of myy own on the subject.

The FOV (field of vision) on FFUR 2.0 looks ridiculous. Both for 1st person and 3rd person view. So I want to revert to FFUR 2006 FOV specs. Which look more accurate and realistic.

Problem is, I don´t know how. Can anyone help me or guide me on how to revert?

Hi,Pancho!

You should look at 'Class Man : Land' entry in editable config.

There you'll find

fov=1.00000;

minFov=0.420000;

maxFov=1.000000;

Change marked values to 0.85000 (personally I prefer 0.75000  )

Wait, that's not all..

Look further below for this:

class ViewPilot: ViewPilotBase

{

initAngleX=8; minAngleX=-40; maxAngleX=+45;

initAngleY=0; minAngleY=-125; maxAngleY=+125;

initFov=1.00; minFov=0.42; maxFov=1.00;

};

Comment (use //) or delete marked string..or change it's values to

initFov=0.75; minFov=0.42; maxFov=0.75;

Now you can do usual cpp>bin and replace original config.bin.

Good Luck!

CAHEK, Thank you very much for that smile_o.gif

cheers.

that's cool but is there anyway i can edit the config to get the ACU units now, i don't know that much about config editing or I wouldn't be asking.