Armed Assault Preview

Publisher Idea Games? whistle.gif

Arma.jpg

sounds nice to me.. smile_o.gif

why not.. wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Would be great. But I doubt it confused_o.gif

All these previews are the same...

Atleast we got a new screenshot from the mag.

uhm, IDEA games are just a couple of game developers, not publishers. ._o

until i see a release date they can write whatever they want. -lost intrest in AA for now.

...Atleast we got a new screenshot from the mag.

what? where which one?

Edit* Lol lost interest for AA? man i have too! Americas Army cant give the same feeling as OFP or ArmA for that matter. biggrin_o.gif

Not a bad preview, at least they noted that extreme graphics are not required as long as the gameplay and realism are good... confused_o.gif

i meant lost intrest in ArmA. -- dont get me wrong im sure it'll be great. - just cant be arsed to sit around and wait for it. by the time it comes out it'll be a joke at this rate. even if they said "it'll come out 01/01/09" at least you'd know where you stand.

until there's a hard fast release date, its vapourware as far as i'm concerned.

I wonder when some on the US magazines will do a decent article? I've yet to hear anything on gaming sites (i frequent) or Magazines i flip through. Granted i want them to make a quality game... it's a bit distrubing to be still waiting for 4 years.

I wonder when some on the US magazines will do a decent article? I've yet to hear anything on gaming sites (i frequent) or Magazines i flip through. Granted i want them to make a quality game... it's a bit distrubing to be still waiting for 4 years.

Dude, it's only been 14 months since the announced Armed Assault :/

I wonder when some on the US magazines will do a decent article? I've yet to hear anything on gaming sites (i frequent) or Magazines i flip through.

Probably because they most likely haven't closed a deal with a publisher for North-America yet.

Geez, i cannot believe why magazines and other writers are so upset about the state of the graphics engine. Personally i really like the way its shaping up, dynamic lighting / shadows, detailed Textures, Dynamic Weather and Day cycle. What more do they want. i like how Bis are still making the look of it really gritty just like the original OFP, nothing in the military is nice and shiny and reflects then environment, so im not at all worried about current state of the graphics engine.. if anything, its better than what i expected.

Quote[/b] ]Atleast we got a new screenshot from the mag.

Er..where? i see no new screenshots?

Yes, these guys from the magazines trend to forget the most important part related to graphics that while some other FPS have definitly better graphics than ArmA they DON'T have maps with 400 Square Kilometers and these other FPS usually play thru corridors path while in ArmA you have total freedom of movements!

If you had lets for example the graphics of F.E.A.R. into ArmA (with all it's freedom and ability to play with many diferent vehicles such as Helos, Aircraft, Tanks, etc...) the game would certainly be UNPLAYABLE even in the most advanced PC configuration! I wonder why these so-called game experts trend to forget such an important thing? icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, these guys from the magazines trend to forget the most important part related to graphics that while some other FPS have definitly better graphics than ArmA they DON'T have maps with 400 Square Kilometers and these other FPS usually play thru corridors path while in ArmA you have total freedom of movements!

If you had lets for example the graphics of F.E.A.R. into ArmA (with all it's freedom and ability to play with many diferent vehicles such as Helos, Aircraft, Tanks, etc...) the game would certainly be UNPLAYABLE even in the most advanced PC configuration! I wonder why these so-called game experts trend to forget such an important thing? icon_rolleyes.gif

Maybe because nice graphics and small maps can be fun too? Jesus christ people, stop being so elitist about being OFP players...you're not any better because you trade off graphics for bigger area etc. Man, this has really gone to some of you guys heads.

Maybe because nice graphics and small maps can be fun too? Jesus christ people, stop being so elitist about being OFP players...you're not any better because you trade off graphics for bigger area etc. Man, this has really gone to some of you guys heads.

Jeezz, do you have a personal agenda against other people's thread/oppinions?? I'm asking this because 80-90% of your posts here seem to be about criticizing others. But whatever...  icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, what I meant with my post/oppinion in case your care is that you simply can't have in a game that have or models very large maps the same level of detail that you have in a game which models small maps or else you couldn't run the game that have the very large maps.

That's for example the reason why flight simulators always have worse graphics than FPS games (flight sims have much, much bigger maps).

Bottom line, you can't (directly) compare graphically ArmA with other FPS, just as you can't compare graphically a Flight Simulator with an FPS (again Graphicwise). That's why I criticized that review (in the graphics department that is).

Was I clear enough??  wink_o.gif

It's always a possibility that IDEA games can publish their game. The intention of it is not exactly that, but as those developers are working with eachother, and if they don't find a publisher, why wouldnt they publish it by themself, if they publish 3 games at the same time, using IDEA games as their publisher, having to do all the work just once, dividing it over multiple developers...Everything is possible smile_o.gif

It's true, nothing much new in all those previews, but, it's nice to see lot's of positive points, and only 1 bad point(the graphics, which indeed look a bit old for the moment on the screenshots, but that still can change, and probably depends on system specs)

Jeezz, do you have a personal agenda against other people's thread/oppinions?? I'm asking this because 80-90% of your posts here seem to be about criticizing others. But whatever... icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, what I meant with my post/oppinion in case your care is that you simply can't have in a game that have or models very large maps the same level of detail that you have in a game which models small maps or else you couldn't run the game that have the very large maps.

That's for example the reason why flight simulators always have worse graphics than FPS games (flight sims have much, much bigger maps).

Bottom line, you can't (directly) compare graphically ArmA with other FPS, just as you can't compare graphically a Flight Simulator with an FPS (again Graphicwise). That's why I criticized that review (in the graphics department that is).

Was I clear enough?? wink_o.gif

I don't have a personal agenda against other people's opinions. I an criticising yours, am I not allowed to anymore? icon_rolleyes.gif

My point is don't act all elitist because "Oh no some magazine made a negative point about my game, THOSE IDIOT LOSERS, they don't understand that I am a realism gamer!!11"

Quote[/b] ] THOSE IDIOT LOSERS

Was that really neccessary? New people come to these forums and read stuff like that, and form an impression about the gene pool of people who frequent thisforum! crazy_o.gif

Yeah ukraineboy we don't want to scare off new ArmA players.

heh im gonna put in my sig:

I am an OFP elitist. pistols.gif

Lol

e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism:

The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

Ah thats kinda bad huh.gif

Well, we are a unique community, even you Ukrainboy, your posts as well as others who have posted on this forum make up our unique "family" (weird word choice aint it?). Anyways just wanted to say how honored i am to be part of this community. And i guess what people are trying to say: "Why cant these magazines understand?!" (Dave Chappelle's voice ). biggrin_o.gif