Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

FlashNews Armour Hit Competition.

Damn, no track-ir for me. sad_o.gif

Allthough i don't agree with Capt Kane.

The enemy soldier on top of that other building has a clear shot. So i wouldn't attack from that position in real life.

Congratz to the winners! smile_o.gif

@potato: clear shot or not, well .. you can´t always win that´s for sure. Take it like a man smile_o.gif

you can´t always win that´s for sure.

You have a point there i reckon. biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, congrats to all of the winners. Forgotted from tha last post. yay.gifnotworthy.gif

congratulations to the winner,

altho as a tree hugger i must complain that in order to shoot from there, you would have to shoot through the tree in order to get the required downward angle, thus damaging the tree, trees cry too ya know. smile_o.gif

*groan* Looking at the full-size picture, I was about an inch away from the desired spot.

Amazing how someone chose the exact same spot as the captain.

Congratulations to the winner notworthy.gif

I was close .... but not close enough banghead.gif

The enemy soldier on top of that other building has a clear shot. So i wouldn't attack from that position in real life.

Hi Potatomasher

Not sure if that is a South Saharini soldier can you give me a reason you think so. I presume you are talking about the armed figure on the rooftop in the lower right hand corner of the picture.

I was right about the importance of the escape route and defilade. I also got the best escape route right.

Choice of the rear armor of the turret is born out by a successful attack on an Abrams in Iraq so founded in reality.

Rear turret ring was my 2nd choice for attack point. I would prefer the easier mobility kill. Also born out by a successful attack on an Abrams in Iraq so founded in reality.

I noted the advantage of top down attack but thought the nearby buildings too close and with no escape route. I failed to consider the middle distance top down attack presented by Cpt. Gavin Kane of the Australian Army.

Kind Regards Walker

Hi Potatomasher

Not sure if that is a South Saharini soldier can you give me a reason you think so. I presume you are talking about the armed figure on the rooftop in the lower right hand corner of the picture.

Kind Regards Walker

Yeah there's too someone on rooftop, but i meant the rooftop on middle of pic.

It was just a wild guess it's enemy. Nothing more.

Congrats to the winner.. even though I was in almost exactly the same place.. just a few pixels out tounge2.gif

Congrats to the winner.. even though I was in almost exactly the same place.. just a few pixels out tounge2.gif

IIRC you were in the top 10 closest smile_o.gif

you mean the person on top of the tank doesn't get some sort of bravery award? oh.. sad_o.gif

Hmm I knew hiding in the tree just east of the winning position would do me any good. sad_o.gif

Congratulation guys yay.gif

i looked on that position too BUT: rofl.gif

That is a position from wich serious soldier would never fire to a tank.Wall on roof is way to small for cover ,there are no stairs, door or ladder, theres only one window... U still need to leave fire position fast as possible.

Window is from ground cca 80cm soo the wall height is cca 30cm.Well nice cover the shooter have.RPG needs to arm itself after fired...i think its too close

Shooter want to exit roof and he left an nice little smoke cloud from where he fired.He need to stand up to go thrue window or jump acros wall, hes too much death there.Where is tank there are soldiers too ...and close.

My position was "256,382" from there u can hit tank in back turret side or in engine. Hit in back side or turret from there would be close to 90 degrees.And distance is bigger.Easy to disapere from there.No jumping, simply go behing house and from there complete fire team can exit to safety.

Only my 2c

Congrats to the winners smile_o.gif

I don't even remember where I pointed, but I would stand below that point near the opening and prepare my rpg before I would, as

quickly and accurate as possible, peek out as much as required and

plop the tank. Looks more fun to sneak and place a satchelcharge.

Will this scenario be available in ArmA as a test mission or template perhaps? Would be fun smile_o.gif

Congrats to all the prize winners!

As so often in OFP MP, my shot went to the opposite direction, towards the friendly column.

---Start Promotion---

Everyone who DIDN'T win, don't forget the OFPEC TrackIR cutscene competition. You still have a chance there.

---End Promotion---

wink_o.gif

Bah...IIRC I guessed the corner of that fence just above the building confused_o.gif

Congrats to the winners though yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]As so often in OFP MP, my shot went to the opposite direction, towards the friendly column.

Exactly same.

I did my submission on the 1st. day before it was clear that the Abrahms was the actual target. So I took my position on the top left of the image by the 2 floor white building (as several others seem to have done as well) smile_o.gif

Congrats to the winners, I got my Track-IR a while ago and it simply rocks...!!!

for me that position is just bullshit.

after firing the RPG, the soldier had to jump from that house to the ground (with equipment).

Notice there are no doors, only a "non open window" near that place. Thats why that Pos is just stupid.

I know that after he fires the rpg he could hide in that roof or behind that tree, but he doesn't have a easy way to get out of there.

Competition_Winning_Location_Large.jpg

as you can see some roofs are not acessible from bottom.

the only way he had to use that pos would be by that nearer window, that doesn't open cause its rusty.

Suma: congratulations to the winners and feck the jury, terrible decider knowing the ARMA's features smile_o.gif

huh.gif

I don't think you fully understood what the competition was about (or I did). It wasn't about what would be possible in ArmA, it's where a professional soldier would fire from if this was a real life situation, and I think you can put aside things like getting up/down from the roof etc. Besides, unless you have very strange eyes, you know nothing of what's behind the building...for all you know there is a ladder/stair on the back side of that building...lashing out at the winning posistion is kind of silly. The guy is a freeking captein...unless you've got a higher rank, I'd say it's a fair guess the guy knows a hell lot more than you when it comes to attacking a tank...

The guy is a freeking captein...unless you've got a higher rank, I'd say it's a fair guess the guy knows a hell lot more than you when it comes to attacking a tank...

If this was true we would´nt have had a winner at all me thinks.

This proves how good flashpoint trains even civil individuals....and i´m not talking about the guys standing on top of the tank biggrin_o.gif

The guy is a freeking captein...unless you've got a higher rank, I'd say it's a fair guess the guy knows a hell lot more than you when it comes to attacking a tank...

If this was true we would´nt have had a winner at all me thinks.

This proves how good flashpoint trains even civil individuals....and i´m not talking about the guys standing on top of the tank biggrin_o.gif

The contest was about getting closest to the position he chose, so even though there was only 1 participant who chose the upper right corner, there would have been a winner wink_o.gif

And seeing the amount of people who probably participated, and the amount of people who apparently didn't choose the same position, I'd say it's a fair guess he knows much more than most of the people here...and with the amount of people trying to get the right position, it would be rather strange if nobody was close to the right position...besides, for all we know the ones who did win could be high ranked men in the army. Also, I'd guess not that many here did really have a good reason to why they chose their position, unlike he did. I for one only chose the position because it was a clear shot on the tank and a good escape route. And most of the arguments on why it was a bad position is a lot worse than the arguments for why it's a good position.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that the guy is trained to know this shit...he's also a captein, which means he obviously knows quite a bit about what he does. It's like telling your doctor what to do. I may tell my doctor that my heart is in my arse, but in the end, I think he knows more about where my heart is than I do...especially if I mean it's in my arse whistle.gif

Oh damn I was SO close.

I picked just below that position.

Oh well congrats to the winners.