Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

FlashNews Armour Hit Competition.

remeber to keep things secret, dont want to give your answers away u know.. i looked at this thred and came to my conclusion lol.. nener.gif

--my eyes only-- lol

So......do we have to use our real name or forum name when we submit this?

So......do we have to use our real name or forum name when we submit this?

It really doesn't matter, if you win of course you'll have to provide your real name and address anyway for the prizes to be sent smile_o.gif

Well, the question about the infantry visible on the pic is quite important as we don`t know If we have to avoid contact or no...Do we have to think about them at all?

You have to think about everything, as a real soldier would, as CAPT Gavin Kane will do smile_o.gif

Yeah, but In real life I would know if those guys are my allies or no, since they are `visible` from the point where the pic has been taken wink_o.gif

Would be better if we should not take into concideration those guys at all just thinking about the "possible" danger, not the visible one (if they`re not friendly of course)...and that would reduce the ammount of e-mails sent to you with a competition entry cancellation requests btw biggrin_o.gif

Doh! I just figured out where to really position myself and I've already posted. rofl.gif

Ah well, I never win anything anyway tounge2.gif

You have to think about everything, as a real soldier would, as CAPT Gavin Kane will do smile_o.gif

It's July 20th gents, Let us all let the man enjoy his wonderfull wedding coming up. As a married man I can imagine the things he has going on.

Congrats to Placebo.

Will someone be looking through ALL entries?

Would it make any difference if I submitted today vs. august 30th?

My suggestion:

"Send in Chuck Norris"

I'll soooo win.

Guest Ti0n3r

Yeah, cause Chuck Norris has got two speed modes. Walk and kill rofl.gif

... wink_o.gif

Indeed, and if that tank tries to do something to him, he'll just roundhouse-kick it.

This is so waterproof. I'll get that first prize biggrin_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

Well, while my question about the infantry remains unanswered due to the Placebo`s wedding, there`s another one...

Quote[/b] ]you have a large area of terrain with a number of visible Southern Sahrani armour targets and a number of positions to fire from, where would you choose to optimise the damage you can cause, as well as trying to ensure you can escape afterwards

a quote from bistudio.com

Quote[/b] ]Any "Western/USA" vehicle should be considered Southern Sahrani.

a quote from Placebo

Well, It`s obvious that there are some tanks in the picture belonging clearly to the "north" and only one that might be concidered as a `us friendly` south...

Is It a misunderstanding? Or am I really blind...

Best possition to destroy one target isn`t the same as best possition to destroy a few targets, when realism and ammo limit matters...I`m confused.

@Ralph Wiggum: Actually that was the first place I clicked biggrin_o.gif

@funnyguy1: Judging from the uniforms seen so far on screenshots, I marked all the units I think are northern Sahrani forces with a green circle and the southern Sahrani/ US forces with a red circle.

Hope i got all of them, did anyone see others?

armourhitcompetitionmarkedlu1.jpg

click here for better quality

ahh fuck. I fucked mine up. I was thought we were attackin the tanks at the top. sad_o.gif

Well whos cares. Court Marshell for me. But I'm northen sahrani so I'll probley just get shot behind the barracks tounge2.gif

I think you're making things too complicated. I think we should just find the best position to attack _any_ of the tanks shown (trucks also???) . . .

I'm going to submit my entry a few days before the end of the contest. I want as much time as I can studying the pic, watching the forums for clues and consulting real military people (my dad lol).

thumbs-up.gif

No need for studying ,job done.got on radio for my friend giant erik the rpg soldier and sorted it.

cpuy8.jpg

Guest Ti0n3r

hax sad_o.gif

I think you're making things too complicated. I think we should just find the best position to attack _any_ of the tanks shown (trucks also???) . . .

That`s probably a wrong thinking m8!

They`ve said we have to attack "southern" targets, Placee said that trucks are friendly, so there`s not much left to choose. What`s still confusing me is that on the official page says: southern targetS...

first off, very cool idea BIS thumbs-up.gif

secondly, there are definitely some questions that need to be addressed:

1. as others have brought up, there seems to be only one armored target on the southern sahrani side, not to mention that it is stuffed into a corner while the rest of the screenshot has northern units...

2. due to the current pixel-by-pixel choice, i can see a lot of people essentially choosing the same spot but having different coordinates. will the selection be made by whichever person gets the exact coordinates or will anyone within a certain radius (say, 5-10 pixels) be taken to the second round?

3. another issue brought up by others is the lack of information regarding the situation. i would suggest checking out some of the marine corps gazette´s tactical decision games (TDGs) for an idea of what information is useful (and realistic) to have:

http://www.mca-marines.org/Gazette/tdgpdf.html

I don't have a snowball's chance in Hell of winning but I gave it a try! yay.giftounge2.gif Placebo did you get that cake I baked for you and the judges??? Hmm??? notworthy.gif

umm...well, the spot i would pick is obsured by buildings in the picture, do i have to pick a visible spot then?

EDIT: What kind of RPG do I get and whats sort of ammo? Plus what if i want to break up my squad or make a distraction? Do I have mines or other explosives?

What kind of RPG do I get and whats sort of ammo? Plus what if i want to break up my squad or make a distraction? Do I have mines or other explosives?

You get Floobie The Kamikaze RPG's, a must have in modern MBT busting operations.

Flooby Specs