NeMeSiS

New ArmA Scripting commands

Not really a scripting command, but config values and interesting:
Quote[/b] ]transportVehiclesMass

Integer: Default 0

transportVehiclesMass = 0; // not used by any model

Quote[/b] ]transportVehiclesCount

Integer : default 0

transportVehiclesCount = 15; // a Carrier (big ship)

There's so much nice stuff inside, but I also got some things I'm not confident with wink_o.gif

This was in OFP; it had no function.

I find the concept of "AI Centers" very interesting: createCenter,  deleteCenter

I assume that means some sort of "main point of interest" for the AI, which would open up much more flexible AI behaviour!

No it appears to be something else.

Quote[/b] ]A 'center' is something each side needs to have to be able to communicate. By default, all centers for units which are present in the mission are created before the mission is started. This command can be used to initialize a side which has no units present in the Mission.sqm, so that you can spawn groups and units for it.

Guest Ti0n3r
So if wind is simulated, than this means weapon projectiles will be affected by wind?

It does.

No it appears to be something else.
Quote[/b] ]A 'center' is something each side needs to have to be able to communicate. By default, all centers for units which are present in the mission are created before the mission is started. This command can be used to initialize a side which has no units present in the Mission.sqm, so that you can spawn groups and units for it.

Well, I guess that's the problem with Wiki resources. Constant flux...

When I looked it up, the only entry for it was "Creates a new AI center for the given side."

Now they've added the stuff you quoted...

So definitely still work in progess...

hatchCommander The commander hatch. Tank

hatchDriver The driver hatch. Tank

hatchGunner The gunner hatch. Tank

obsGun The observer or commander gun. Tank

obsTurret The observer or commander turret. Tank

Also?

Network Options:

-ranking= Unknown

I'm in heaven! biggrin_o.gif

This one has huge implications:

expectedDestination

I can see a number of revolutionary new user created AI systems being possible due to that little command, with respect to stacking up individual unit orders/priorities.  i.e. Alright loon, take up that position, no wait, run away from that grenade <BOOM>, ok now back to taking up that position, oh no take cover from that MG that just opened up, OK, he's dead, now back to taking up that position!

Sounds like we may already have those sorts of improvements with vanilla ArmA, what with hiding (cover) built into the engine now.

But the one I've been waiting for all this time...

selectPlayer!!!  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

(and the other related team switch stuff, although selectPlayer appears to be the foundation and the most flexible)

I am picturing a D-day mission... as 82nd Airborne parachute in and take out those 88's as quickly as possible... because you are soon going to "switch" and land on the beach as the 1st Infantry Division!

And of course the obvious ones:

new waypoint and trigger controls

enableAI

new interface stuff

a gazillion other new commands that will just make our lives a little easier, such as getPosASL.

Thank you BIS!!!  tounge2.gif

I like the 'KB' (database) and 'Topic' commands, probably from Game 2? The material defining, and the class instancing of elements in a vehicle.

Intersect:

Find named selection in object which is in specified lod intersected by given section of a line. kind of a LOS?

I like this one!

Actionkeys:

Description:

Returns a list of dikCodes of buttons assigned to the given user action.

Example:

array = actionKeys "ReloadMagazine"

For controllers and keyboard mapping, I hope?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setUnitPos

No addition of a 'crouch' command for the setunitpos ? :/

I hope it will be included, that was something that was lacking for mission making, as there are often mission situation in which you would want the AI unit to crouch.

The switchmove/playmove workaround for it was way too unreliable, as often the AI became mostly unresponsive.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setFriend

This will speed up things a bit , as you don't need to use the join trick to get a supposed enemy to become friendly smile_o.gif

Whoa, hold on guys. Just because you don't see the exact command you're looking for doesn't mean that functionality's not there. It could very well be supplied by something else. Remember how you learned OFP's scripting language? You had all these commands, and descriptions, but you needed to try them out to get them to fly. And, in the end, not even BIS knows the power of their own scripting language (camcreate anyone?).

Some of the stuff won't work right. Some of it will work differently than you imagine, and some will do things not even they can imagine.

Seems the addaction command has new params, no explanation but some of them are obvious.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[action, script,(arguments,priority, showWindow, hideOnUse, shortcut)]

Shortcut... omg i hope they are talking about defined keys to activate an action...

btw, where is createWP?

btw, where is createWP?

here smile_o.gif

Awesome, making huge battles over all of the island is going to me much easier now! biggrin_o.gif

Think of all the AI scripts! *drools* yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]Shortcut... omg i hope they are talking about defined keys to activate an action...

I think thats what these commands are for?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">actionKeys

actionKeysImages

actionKeysNames

displaySetEventHandler

The way OFP handles animations, and the new HUD animations sounds good.

I noticed comments about some of the old bugs, were left in some of the commands. Like AddAction ID's. Or is that just from the comments about OFP, lifted from OFPEC?

No command to detect a server?

Still, far to many interesting and usefull new features to list  biggrin_o.gif

setVectorUp, setVectorDir... whistle.gif

yay.gif Nice, BIS! Nice! yay.gif

So basically, we ourselves can even make a precise flight model using setVectorDir and setVectorUp. biggrin_o.gif

hatchCommander The commander hatch. Tank

hatchDriver The driver hatch. Tank

hatchGunner The gunner hatch. Tank

obsGun The observer or commander gun. Tank

obsTurret The observer or commander turret. Tank

Also?

Network Options:

-ranking= Unknown

yeah, nothing new, but still limited to tanks only wink_o.gif

there are many (wheeled) vehicles which use hatches to, e.g. on some vehicles the gunner can operate the weapons by a remote control device from the inside but also turn out and manually use the weapon.

Excuse me but as english!=native language, what's the difference between SetVectorUp & SetVectorDir ? huh.gif

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>O M G !</span>  biggrin_o.gif

LOOKS GREAT !

Some of my favourites  notworthy.gif

object setVectorDir [x, z, y]

Finally some ability to "point" stuff smile_o.gif

obj setPosASL pos

True height! biggrin_o.gif Hope for no wave effects .... wink_o.gif

unit enableAI section

hehehe .... now we can switch it BACK on

argument execVM filename

oooooooohhhhh ... that looks cool

vehicle respawnVehicle [delay = -1, count = 0]

hehehe .... 1 less script

side1 setFriend [side2, value]

ooooohhh, more than 3 or 4 sides maybe !! ??

position nearObjects radius or [typeName, radius]

Bingo!  A proper list smile_o.gif

But this one ....... ! ! ! Why would you be even interested ?

type createVehicleLocal pos

Quote[/b] ]Vehicle is not transferred through network in MP games.

Either ........ MUCH BETTER biggrin_o.gif  Thanks BIS .... don't stop there but ...

Excuse me but as english!=native language, what's the difference between SetVectorUp & SetVectorDir ? huh.gif

object setVectorUp [x, z, y]

Maybe it means you can set an objects DEFAULT or Normal UP direction ..... ie the way it sits on the ground or maybe even flys ....  huh.gif

Like a Box with a "This Way Up" sign on it  wink_o.gif

Gnat @ July 19 2006,09:22)]But this one ....... ! ! ! Why would you be even interested ?

I can think of a TON of reasons this would be interesting...

You could essentially create stuff on the players screen to create visual effects that perhaps other don't see?

You could also use it for having the server work out virtual battles on the server that the player is nowhere near.. etc..

There is alot to this command as there is to all the other new ones.

Look like I got alot of research ahead of me!! wink_o.gif

Excellent way to introduce these finally, Thank you very very much BIS.

[EDIT]

Quote[/b] ]scopeName name

Operand types:

name: String

Type of returned value:

Nothing

Description:

Defines name of current scope.

Name is visible in debugger, and name is also used as reference in some commands.

Scope name can be defined only once per scope.

DID I HEAR RIGHT?  DEBUGGER?   wow_o.gif

yay.gifyay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

thumbs-up.gif

[EDIT2]

For command, Switch command, wow.. it's actually starting to become a basic language finally!! hooray!

Does anybody know what are these two commands for?

setVariable

getVariable

Does these allow us to change internal "vehicle" variables ? wow_o.gif

Then we wouldn't need for example setDamage, we could just use player setVariable [dammage,<value>] . It then would be possible to mess with almost anything! Want to check or change number of rounds in magazine within inventory? No problem. Immobilize tank by damaging one or both of its tracks? No problem... etc

I'm hoping it is something like this. inlove.gif

With those you can basicly set properties for a unit for later use..

You set a name and value for a vehicle specific variable (just guessing since no way to test it tounge2.gif )..

If so, very very very usefull stuff...

Although your hopes for it would be very very very usefull too.. smile_o.gif

You had to do that (setting the vehicle specific variables) in OFP by creating a global nested array, save the info there and then query it from the array later on, which of course is not very effective when the array gets huge...

Gnat @ July 19 2006,09:22)]But this one ....... ! ! ! Why would you be even interested ?

I can think of a TON of reasons this would be interesting...

You could essentially create stuff on the players screen to create visual effects that perhaps other don't see?

You could also use it for having the server work out virtual battles on the server that the player is nowhere near.. etc..

There is alot to this command as there is to all the other new ones.

Look like I got alot of research ahead of me!! wink_o.gif

Mmmmh, not too sure, do they mean that object is not created outside of local PC (or serveur) or that object responsibility (AI, physc handling, well, everything that makes object local to computer) is not transfered to server for example when player is not "responsible" (driver, commander) of it

You had to do that in OFP by creating a global nested array, save the info there and then query it from the array later on, which of course is not very effective when the array gets huge...

Or do "call format [{...}...]" stunts all the time