Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Operation FacePlant US Infantry v1.00

Since the latest FFUR wasn't quite to my tastes (and now chokes on at least one large battle, "King of my Castle" from PMC Fury), I've learned how to config addons into ECP.

I've looked at the sctipting for Faceplant and I'm -considering- importing your units into my ECP config, but I thought Id check here first if you already have something in that department...?

I only ask because there's mention of an ECP compatible config on the front page.

Thanks in advance!

Done.  biggrin_o.gif

You realize the textures I gave you were issued, right? wink_o.gif

Dont know if this has been addressed or not:

The tan MOLLE holster.. Its molle in all directions, aswell as the fact the texture yousee on it should be on the side of the holster that faces the soldiers leg, and be on a drop down molle panel.

It appears that you have an acu admin pouch on the middle of the Interceptor Body armor, aswell as a doubble magazine panel on the middle right under that, wich would complicate the soldiers removal of the vest in a situation requiring that by a factor of 10.

The RAID-type velcro and pocket on the arms shouldnt go vertically down, they should be at a 30 degree angle backwards.

Nice job on the "rightness" of the ACU jacket in that pic on the last page, but the "US ARMY" name tape (aswell as the nametape with the soldiers name) should be ACU backed aswell , as seen here

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/7328/raid42jy.jpg

Hope i helped  smile_o.gif   thumbs-up.gif

Your BC lets you wear those patches on your sleeve?

My BC? im not even American m8.

Hah, I was a bit confused with that one tounge2.gif

@Wilco - yeah, I know, eh. I'm gathering ACU textures from far and wide right now, so don't feel like I'm neglecting yours -they're a great help too.

@Drax - I meant to put in an ECP compatible config in my next update or so, not an ECP unit replacement! Though feel free to use my units in ECP, I already do.  wink_o.gif

OK, now I can put up a ChangeList for v1.2:

v1.15

- Redid arm pockets, fixed unit + combat patches.

- Fixed no-texture bug in Grenadier LOD.

- Fixed clipping issue in Grenadier.

- Added additional pouches to Fire Team Leader (thanks to TQP).

- Did some weapon switching (for realism's sake).

- Partially improved clipping + stretching issue on Garrison unit.

- Fixed CamelBak straps and name tags (thanks to olemissrebel and Jahve).

- Added goggle-clips to MICHs.

- Added extra formations: HQ Squad and AT Squad.

- Added MOLLE drop pad to suitable units.

- Redid holster in ACU.

- Re-added Laser MICH strap.

- Added extra pocket to legs.

- Fixed mandarin collar clipping.

- Made two more MICH "loadouts" (eg, no catseye band, velcro strips).

- Made most models realistic MOLLE wise (eg, moved magazine and grenade pouches from covering the opening of the IBA release patch).

v1.01

- Fixed missing pistol proxies on crew and rifleman models.

The update is finished, but I will update the 1st post when it is actually sent up. biggrin_o.gif

this is proving to be a very promising adoon mcdonald its a shame i'm allways killing them never playing as them i must start to use them more wow_o.gif

smile_o.gif) Hey Cameron, You also fixed that darn problem with BMI blackops textures/selections etc? smile_o.gif

Hopefully. I still can't understand how it was a problem in the first place, since I also have BMI's units, but it should (hopefully) be fixed now.

Make this Soldier in Woodlant and Desert camuflage becasuse they have greats model tounge2.gif

V1.2 RELEASED!

Please check the 1st post for the update download. To install, simply overwrite your old FP_US_I (or, if you didn't have it before, whack it into your addons folder).

I advise everyone to read the readme, as usual, for a list of credits and whatnot.

Olemissrebel - PM me if there is anything else you need. smile_o.gif

Woot!

looking good,the pockets onthe ACU jacket look abit huge, but who really cares, they are damn near perfect, in the pictures, the file is corrupt, however, and cant be extracted from the rar archive

waiiiit, i cant believe i missed it. the flag isnt reversed! it's supposed to be reversed in wartime, ala going forward, not like it is!

D'oh, me thought as much - hold up half a sec (or half an hour sad_o.gif ) and I'll resend it.  banghead.gif  I hate Crapidshare.

And olemissrebel - I thought as much too, the stars bit is meant to be forward. <Smacks self in head>

- EDIT - OK, smacking it up on FileFront, 23 mins from now, should be ready. Also fixed US flag issue.

the addon pbo its giveing me an unknow file and saying its not there?? i go the readme file and read it but no addon, it says its not there??? Did you forget something?? or give an diffrent link plz love your stuff smile_o.gif ok just seen your post said you will fix link thx

OK, the 1st post has been updated (again) - try it now! I've also recompressed the ZIP, I think I was using a 7-Zip only compatible mode before, so it should all be roses now.

Lemme know how it goes, eh?

Unzips fine, off to play now biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Just got done going through all of CBT's addons and replacing the CBT/HYK crews with your units. Took a while but it's sweeet! thumbs-up.gif

Looking forward to FP's progress!

Thanks!

Nice...an update smile_o.gif

Downloadind now

OK, ran into a problem:

missingface.jpg

This happens whenever I create a vehicle that has FP units as crew. As soon as they dismount, their faces go back to normal. If I order them to mount an empty vehicle or use moveIn* on an empty vehicle their faces are normal.

I'm guessing this is Llauma's head at fault? I thought I read something about this before but I don't recall ever seeing a fix (I've got the latest version installed). Any ideas?

It could be the eventhandler in the config file. You'll get that when the eventhandler doesn't function and the face from the facestex2.pbo file isn't pasted onto the mesh.

It's a llauma head mesh with a standard OpFlash face texture on it instead of one of the new ones.

At last. I'm D\L now. Hope you fixed the random face bug I told you about. Great Work

Yeah, I noticed that too while rolling around with Sanc's anims. At first I thought a canteen or something was untextured but it looks like it's the inside of the shirt.

Drax - thanks, I'll have to see if there's a way around it. Might just leave it if it scares the enemy enough.