Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Operation FacePlant US Infantry v1.00

Quote[/b] ]Dont most US units still use Woodland? Besides should make only make 80's Woodland camo US soldiers.

The ACU/UCP is standard USGI issue, only a few non-frontline units may have the WD camo BDUs.

Wow these are great, very good work.

The most realistic ACU ive seen in ofp so far. The models are high standard the with the textures. Cant wait for the other packs you plan on releasing.

Thanks, guys. And thanks to those who have supplied mirrors - very kind of you.  smile_o.gif

And could someone be kind enough to tell OFP.info these units are out? I tried myself, but they seem to have a bad habit of not realising I've released an addon until 8 or so weeks have passed.  rofl.gif

@AiRBlade + Bucketman => these were released specifically to be ACU soldiers, that is, modern variants. BDU is now obsolete among the US forces, and there was not much improvement I could have done on LSR's work if they were in BDU anyway.

@Rainbow => yeah, I forgot JAM3 totally, poor lads.

@MP_Phonix => The Russians will arrive once I've done their weapons, and have gotten permission from all the addon makers whose work I have altered. Which may be quite some time, sadly. sad_o.gif

Maybe I should've applied to a newsposter there after all. Would've posted about these about 12 hours ago... when I came home. tounge2.gif

Just starting to test them, they look really sweet. Thanks for finally releasing them, waiting for the next ones! biggrin_o.gif

They look fine, well most of them (haven't got around testing each one quite yet), but I seem to have a very wierd "bug" with the garrison units. They all have deep blue eyes. Well, that might not sound like a problem, but when my custom face textures aren't even supposed to have blue eyes... it looks a tad wierd sometimes.

confused_o.gif

Almost thought I'd put an alien into the game when tried to "face" one of the soldiers (just the plain Garrison one) with my friend's face. crazy_o.gif

Woah, that sounds weird. I think I'll take a look myself.

Is your friend's face FacesTex2 compatible? Probably a stupid question, I know.

Yes, it is. Been using it for quite a while now.

This pic will demonstrate it.

ofpbluebugas2.jpg

On the left is "Garrison Unit", on the right is "Grenadier". Same face texture is used in both, right one appearing as it should.

It's not that big deal, but looks sometimes friggin' wierd. crazy_o.gif

That is a bit eerie. I'll look into it, maybe I FUBAR'd a selection or something/other.

EDIT: Wait a sec - didn't you say that the garrison units are the ones with the dodgy eyes?

EDIT 2: Well, I'm not getting any units with eerie blue eyes... hmmm. Will continue my tests. Anyone else getting a similar issue?

An excellent addon CameronMcDonald. If this is a sign of things to come, then the future is looking very bright.

Arch.

and have gotten permission from all the addon makers whose work I have altered. Which may be quite some time, sadly. sad_o.gif

probably from ORCS.

they have a bad habbit of not answering you over PM & e-mails crazy_o.gif

btw, Great units ! heh, mybe TB84 will use these as the ACU units in the ffur patch wink_o.gif

Awesome Pics Downloading right Now

hmmm 2hr13 min ...i better get something to eat Coz it's gonna to be a Very Long night....N i HOPE THE UNITS ARE REALLY AWESOME........

weell can anyone tell me which animation pack is being used to take the the pics on the first page...these looooks awesome tooo!

I'm still using Sanctuary animation Pack 1.7 !!!

2 hr 5 min left haaaaa encouraging...............

Amazing work, Cameron!

These are the best-looking ACU yet IMO, and I really like how we finally have a full "set" - medics, APC crews, AA, etc. None of the other ACUs have those. notworthy.gif

Amazing work, Cameron!

These are the best-looking ACU yet IMO, and I really like how we finally have a full "set" - medics, APC crews, AA, etc.  None of the other ACUs have those.   notworthy.gif

Actually, FURR2006 has them.

True, but they aren't standalones, like this set.

Important!

I have decided to release a final update for this addon, fixing some bugs people have noticed and others I have noticed myself. Expect it sometime later today.  xmas_o.gif

FIXES LIST:

- Missing texture in 3rd LOD of grenadier.

- Fixes shirt stretch (partially) in garrison unit.

- Fixes clipping issue with goggles in grenadier model.

- New goggle strap texture.

- Adds new pouches to Fire Team Leader.

- Reworked chest texture and tweaked IBA front texture.

- Realistic unit patches + straps (thanks to olemissrebel and EricJ).

- Addition of M4A1 Cobra to RTO.

- Other switched around weapons (just to balance out Aimpoint vs. Reflex).

- Addition of M16A4 ACOG to Designated Marksman, addition of M4 sniper to Marksman (M21) => becomes Marksman (M4), removal of M21.

I'm pretty sure Cameron 'll do some pilots later. Other units are here. SF would be later a bit, I bet.

Could someone please do me a favour and tell OFP.info that these units have been released? They STILL haven't noticed, and it seems my email has fallen on deaf virtual ears.

I'd be very grateful! smile_o.gif

Could someone please do me a favour and tell OFP.info that these units have been released? They STILL haven't noticed, and it seems my email has fallen on deaf virtual ears.

I'd be very grateful!  smile_o.gif

if you would like I can go and stab or shoot somebody there smile_o.gif

notworthy.gif

I'm petrified!

CONGRATULATIONS CameronMcDonald for units and Mod!

I've waiting ACU units like this since a long time! wink_o.gif

notworthy.gif

Someone slap OFP.INFO... they haven't updated their frontpage for 4 days now, not to mention no FP units. crazy_o.gif

Someone slap OFP.INFO... they haven't updated their frontpage for 4 days now, not to mention no FP units. crazy_o.gif

They are on vacation for me! tounge2.gif

Is impossible to not see these splendid units! nener.gif

Thanks Mark.

An update is in the pipes, however, I haven't been able to do any work due to someone's PSU smelling eerily of burnt rubber.

Hurry up OFP.info!

Quote[/b] ]Someone slap OFP.INFO... they haven't updated their frontpage for 4 days now, not to mention no FP units

Sorry guys, i'm not home so updating the site on a pentium 2 computer, and the newsposters are either: on vacation/ill/busy/lazy ...  sad_o.gif

I will try to add your units tomorrow, CameronMcDonald!