Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

CoIn2 by DMA

Probably a dumb question, but where do I put the Coin2 folder in the OFP directory to make be able to play it?

Install instructions were missing from the readme and we arent all so great at this stuff!

The best thing to do is drop it in your user missions folder (something like operationflashpoint\users\yourname\missions). Then open it up in the editor and save as an MP mission. Remember to make the changes 450R suggested first.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

I've started converting Coin2 to use all the Tonal Redux gear but I'm looking at changing a few things. I haven't changed much yet just merged it to Tonal, changed the editor placed units, changed the DAC zones to spawn Tonal government troops/vehicles, uses a different time.sqs, changed the respawning from 'base' to next soldier in line, etc. The thing I need some input on is how I go about implementing the squad rearm feature from CCE into Coin2? I just want upto 3 player controlled sqauds able to return to base and all be able to rearm in one action each. On that note a squad heal feature (also in CCE I believe) would be useful too.

edit: Also, how does one use the artillery? I have the upgrades but no radio option to call it.

The thing I need some input on is how I go about implementing the squad rearm feature from CCE into Coin2? I just want upto 3 player controlled sqauds able to return to base and all be able to rearm in one action each. On that note a squad heal feature (also in CCE I believe) would be useful too.

edit: Also, how does one use the artillery? I have the upgrades but no radio option to call it.

The artillery gives the friendly AI squads the ability to call fire missions on enemies, whereas the player must use airstrikes. It shouldn't be too hard to give the players the ability to call it too, just base the script on the airstrike call.

The squad rearm is based upon detecting the primary weapon that each unit is carrying. From memory, the CCE script that performs this function is called rearm.sqs and lives in the CCE\server directory. To add a healing function, add a line something like _t setdammage 0 to the rearm script.

Sorry I can't give more detailed answers, my gaming PC is KIA at the moment banghead.gif

Great mission that I've just discovered...

Any news for one little Update ? or it will be for Arma ?

I've also been wondering if the DMA will make a return in ArmA? I would understand if no further updates were made for OFP but hope you guys continue your work. notworthy.gif

After a lengthy downtime (due to a dead PC, holidays, etc) I'm back at work. I have a few projects in the pipeline. I probably won't update CoIn 2, because there are bigger and better things coming.

I'm trying to focus on soft-coding and very modular scripts. Future missions and campaigns should be much easier to convert to new units and islands.

Hi i've just the save function try the mission, but the following problem occurs after i go out and restart : My intel is three but i've always "satellite is not ready"

I play LAN as a single player

Can you help me please ?

I haven't tested this, but I may be able to help. Open up the file "CoIn2\save\load.sqs". Just before the "exit" at the end of the script, insert this line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">? (up_intel > 0) : satellite = true

This should fix the problem, but like I said, I haven't tested it.

I'm digging this thread up because I want to customize this excellent mission to my favorite addons...

I want to add civilians to the mission, I think they have to be a major part of this mission.

Now I don't know if civilians should be added statically inside the editor or via DAC zones.

There are 4 group names used in the \civilian\prep_civilian.sqs (named "civ_group1" to "civ_group4").

I assume that each of these group names should correspond to the saved units of a DAC zone for civilians, is that correct?

Is there anything more you need to do to get civilians into the mission apart from creating the DAC zones and saving its units to civ_group1,civ_group2,civ_group3 and civ_group4 ?

You know, I just had a look at this in the editor and I couldn't even find those civ groups except in scripts.

Basically, you can add civilians in any way, but you need to add an eventhandler to each unit with this:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_t addEventHandler ["killed",{_this exec "civilian\civilian_down.sqs"}]

Good luck with the mission, I never fixed it up properly, so it's pretty buggy unfortunately.

I find a copy on my HDD. I'm not sure which version it is. TBH, it was pretty buggy and it never really got fully playable. Anyway, download here.

CCE2 (in my signature) is similar in many ways and is much more stable, I'd recommend playing that instead.