Sign in to follow this  
strango

The Citadel Wargames Server

With the release of WGL5 The Citadel Wargames Server is back up and running.

EDIT: We've added a password to the server.

The password is: wglgetin

The only required add-ons are: WGL5, WGL Island Pack, Gaia and Samak Hills. Download links are available in the WGL release thread found here:

WGL5 Thread

Official WGL Downloads Page

This is a US based server (Dallas, TX). We've got a combination of FCM co-op converts to WGL and realism oriented adveserial missions on the server in addition to the pack of missions that were made available when WGL5 was released.

We'll be on most nights US time, but the server is running 24/7 and is open to anyone. Our official night to get a big turn-outs will be Wednesday Nights at 8:00pm CDT (-5 GMT). We also have a ventrilo server running and will give connection information out to anyone that comes.

I'd appreciate any feedback and bug reports you can give me on the FCM_WGL missions on the server. I've made changes from the original FCM versions of the missions and the WGL dynamics change the gameplay of several of the missions quite a bit.

Yes, go here. I can hear the Zeus server's bandwidth bill breathe a sigh of relief :P

heh, we'll take a little bit of your load.

nice!

request: include the IPs for the game/TS servers in the first post

also, what are the server settings with regards to 3rd person and crosshair? (and any other server-specific info you might think of)

The IP for the server is: the-citadel.us

I'd rather keep the ventrilo information out of the thread. You can PM me for it though.

No Crosshair, No 3rd person.

hit me up on MSN when yas are playing Chaos has me on MSN yay.gif

First you'd have to get Chaos to play; I haven't seen him play in nearly a year.

nice one Strango thumbs-up.gif

any chance to offer the FCM conversions to the general public by forum too (with required addons and other information) smile_o.gif

Is there a pack of FCM missions converted to WGL somewhere on net?

We're still in the process of testing them, but once I feel confident they are in good shape I'll release a pack. The only required add-ons will be WGL5, WGL_IslandPack and Samak Hills.

If you want to play the latest betas you can hop on the server and grab them. Right now the only two islands being used are Samak Hills and Occasus.

I highly recommend coming over and playing at the Citadel. I got to play the latest version of "Pilot Down", and it is even better then before. There are also some missions that never got released, but are great to play. So if you want to get to see them, you are going to have to come to the Citadel. wink_o.gif

thanks Strango smile_o.gif

Been there short time, saw good old Golikovs Raid and Pro Patria.

Gee, good old days.

Copied theese two onto KGW for CFOG server biggrin_o.gif

The Citadel is going to start having official play nights. They will be Wednesdays at 8:00pm CDT (-5 GMT). We're still playing other nights, but now hoping to have larger turn-outs on Wednesday. A few new adveserial no-respawn missions are in development and in active testing on the server. Come join in on the fun!

A password has been added to the server. It is:

wglgetin

No problem Marco. You can catch up with us next session.

I would like to point out that we still play every Wednesday night using WGL addons, so if the time works out for you than feel free to jump on the Citadel server.

Game time typically does not start until:

9:30 PM EST/ 8:30 CST/ 7:30 MST/6:30 PST

We had a reasonably good turnout last Wednesday and Thursday.  Be sure to jump on the server this week for some good gaming action.

We had a great turn out last night.  If you are not able to make it on Wednesday nights, I would like to point out that some of us also try to play on Thursday nights as well.  We often times end up playing the FCM missions (i.e. coop type of missions) that have been converted to use WGL addons.  If the player pool is large enough, some sort of adversarial type of map might be considered.