Sign in to follow this  
madmedic

spinning tanks

I have been trying to correct a problem...and have had no luck.

Certain tanks (particularly the WWIIEC ones, and the Hobart ones) do something very strange.

(There may be other tanks that do this also, but these are the ones I have noticed.)

When they arrive at a waypoint, they start turning around in a circle...continuously.

I have tried to remedy the problem by comparing these tanks to a tank that does NOT have this problem (GST Sheman)...and changing things in the model to match the way they are configured in the NON-spinning tank.

(It APPEARS to be a problem in the model, because I actually tried using the config from the NON spinning "GST" tank with a "Hobart" model...and the thing STILL spins.)

Nothing has worked so far.

anybody know why these tanks are doing this crazy stuff?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

RHS T80-s have/had this problem, apparently they fixed it in the next patch. Might wanna ask someone from their team.

Found the answer in the RHS T80 thread...

It is caused by the gun recoil axis in the memory lod being located below the tank (under ground)...

I moved it up to the top of the treads, and NO MORE SPINNING!!! yay.gif

The name of the selection is osa_gunrec and is found by going into the memory lods of the p3d file. Fab's PzV tanks also do the twist, that is until I fixed them biggrin_o.gif