Sign in to follow this  
moricky

TOP1 for OFP

doesnt matter if i have vbs1..

eg i dont have the instructor interface..

if youd make something similar id still say its not very original..

look at eg the original CWC package and design

its held in green tones

make it more ofp orientated if you dont have your own design ideas smile_o.gif

honestly i dont want to put you down..

but ive been talkign with some people of vbs1 and well..

they were kinda giggeling about the imitation of the look..

not the program itself

its really nice, you made very ncie scripts with the capabilities ofp provides.

maybe you could do sth like a contest maybe?

for the interface desgin?

it would atleast cover the ofp spirit from the comunity

Quote[/b] ]they were kinda giggeling about the imitation of the look..

NC

GAAAH! How do I make the zombies do anything but stand there!? I make a game logic object for medium diffculty and named it SERVER! the zombies do this weird animation when it first starts but then just stand there! what am i doing wrong?

Wrong topic

There are no zombies here smile_o.gif

where do I get the soldiers in the screenshots?

They're from VBS1, yet another reason to back Nephillim's argument about it being a "clone"

Releasing of CSLA 2.2 will bring a new mission and modified look of whole interface (especially of those orange parts smile_o.gif ), so I hope that will make this addon more than just clone.

GAAAH! How do I make the zombies do anything but stand there!? I make a game logic object for medium diffculty and named it SERVER! the zombies do this weird animation when it first starts but then just stand there! what am i doing wrong?

Alot.

You need another trigger. Please go to Operation Farmland topic and ask.

Back on topic:

Looking great, will test it on my new comp tounge2.gif

Hello,

I started planning of TOP<span style='font-size:7.5pt;line-height:100%'>2</span> for Armed Assault and I want to ask you all what would you want to see there.

Saving data into external file will probably not be included in ArmA itself, so I hope that someone (=Kegetys ;-) ) will create something like FWatch. Without knowledge how it would work I cant prepare completely, but I have any plans how to do TOP2, no matter how the saving data will work.

Here are my plans:

<ul>[*] First I will modify interruption menu and add "Create Review" button, so anyone will be able to record any mission.

[*] 3D After Action Review, but without soldier animations. Saved values about units will be these: name, group, position, direction and vehicle (in which unit is) will be nesessary and will be recordad always. Optional will be damage, rating, behaviour, combatmode, stance, weapons, magazines and everyone could decide if he/she want them to record or not (via menu or config file).

[*] System will be different and will not save all the values in every step, but only changed values. This should save performance and file size. Because of this I may remove feature of skipping to the any place in the record and keep only rewinding forward and backward, but with various levels of speed. Is this good or bad?

[*] The most important will be multiplayer compatibility and here I don't know what should be included. It will not be easy to work with Join In Progress feature and respawning. Even TOP1 can create replay of MP mission without respawns, but TOP2 should be more advanced in this way. I want to record all units in created triggers (thanks to new ArmA commands), so respawned and newly player controlled units would be included too. But I really don't know how the list of units will look in another OPERA (I must find a better name ;-) ). If anyone have other idea how it could work and how it could look, post it here. Especially comments from VBS1 AAR owners are welcome.

<span style='color:red'>All ideas are welcome.</span>

@nephilim: What about green? smile_o.gif

EDIT: Dana version of TOP1 will be ready soon. Except of different interface you will find many improvements in OPERA - especially possibility to skip to any event in Events list or smooth unit movements.

And these "posters" will be replaced on the weekend.

Maybe it could be nice if the event list would update during replay. (on mission start there should be only "Mission start" and other events, like "... wounded by ..." or "... objective done" could appear during replay)

box.jpg

So, another version (Dana) is here. System itself and missions are changed only a bit, but OPERA1 is completely redisagned and with enhaced system.

-------------------------------

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>DOWNLOAD DANA</span>

-------------------------------

List of changes on OPERA1:<ul>[*]X, Y and zoom sliders removed from GUI.

[*]System moved from intro to mission.

[*]Added map control via right and middle mouse buttons.

[*]Holding Ctrl key will now decrease speed (thx BoborSK).

[*]Added filters for Event list.

[*]Smooth unit movements (not perfect, but better the before).

[*]Improved GUI, orange color changed to green (thx Nephilim)

[*]Clicking on item in events list will skip to selected time.

Now I'm trying to contact CoC to get permission for conversion of some Battle School missions with Command Engine into TOP1.

top1.jpg

Nice thing

Offtopic: Where i can download the models from the poster of the first post?

Nice thing

Offtopic: Where i can download the models from the poster of the first post?

You cant, they're from VBS1

Which is exactly why I think it would be a good idea to change these pictures soon wink_o.gif

offtopic: Funny thing , i wanted those models because they didnt like that high end , even i though they where default ones with a high res skin on it

Better?

en_top1_poster_tn.jpg en_top1_poster2_tn.jpg en_top1_poster3_tn.jpg

With units from CSLA II mod (I think they are made by Hyakushiki).

Excellent work Gaia, this is one of the best ofp missions I have ever played, the potential for this is great. I was playing that mission with the downed blackhawk, managed to get to the LZ but the AI gave me a bit of a scare a few times and as I was about to board the blackhawk an enemy grenade blew me to pieces.

I think something like this would go great for a Vietnam mod.

Great Work. thumbs-up.gif

@scotchsoldier: Thanks.

Please don't forget to upload your review file wink_o.gif

No, TOP1 creates only after action review for map. Real-time mission editing and 3D after action review are features planned for ArmA.