Sign in to follow this  
moricky

TOP1 for OFP

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>TOP1 Core pack</span>

Tactical OPeration 1

Version: Dana (updated 15th September 2006)

Size: 1 [MB]

Needed addons: Kegeys' FWatch

So here is it. For more informations visit official site.

Now updated with instant record for own use, summary screen after mission end and many new features in recording. System also records number of continues and loads. Missions are more replayable then ever before, many things are randomly generated and you will receive some specialities if you play mission for the second or more times. Please check the readme before playing.

en_top1_poster_tn.jpg en_top1_poster2_tn.jpg en_top1_poster3_tn.jpg

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>OPERA1</span>

OPERation Analysis 1

Version: Dana (updated 15th September 2006)

Size: 0,1 [MB]

OPERA1 is an addition extending TOP 1 system with a possibility of viewing the generated record files. You can see positions of all units, info about them and many informations about mission. Replaying can be stopped, rewinded forward and backward, you can skip to any time, ...

Useful not only for players, but also for mission makers. Chance to see where that damned soldier were when he should be on the other side of the map can save you many hours (as it saved lot of my time during testing of TOP1 Missions). Don't ignore readme file to prevent useless questions. wink_o.gif

promo_1_tn.jpg

Pure Genius icon14.gif

I was watching in Opera1 the replay of the 1st mission, and i noticed a word that is not translated near the "1 %" , what does it mean ?

ghjghj3mf.jpg

It's Damage. Now it's fixed.

"poskozeni" is damage in english. smile_o.gif

EDIT: Gaia was faster... wink_o.gif

hello there. i think i found some translation bug. maybe i am wrong, but here is the image:

top119dp.th.jpg

maybe it shoud be clear insteed of celar? hmmm? my english is not so good. btw, good job! wink_o.gif

congratz thumbs-up.gif

fine piece of work !

if ArmA wont support it by itself,

this will become a very useful tool for PvP clans.

thanks for your hard work smile_o.gif

Great inlove.gif Will it work with a convertion mod such as Y2K3 for instance?

Full compatibility is only with ECP, CSLA and FDF, but if Y2K3 don't using special scripting (like taking captives in ECP), it should work.

I want to continue in ArmA also with MP version, but join-in-progress really frighten me smile_o.gif

so, could anyone give me a short hint on how to make my own mission use this?

is it just to place the correct gamelogic(s) and add a few files to the mission folder (where the mission.sqs is saved)

is it just to place the correct gamelogic(s) and add a few files to the mission folder (where the mission.sqs is saved)

Check the readme file wink_o.gif

And game logic is only for detection if TOP1 addon is active or not.

Check the readme file wink_o.gif

And game logic is only for detection if TOP1 addon is active or not.

well... i just read the readme, and to be honest, i didnt understand much of it....

i understood the part with the description.ext file, but thats about it....

Guest Ti0n3r

Great stuff xmas_o.gif

I tried this, I started ofp with fwatch.exe, and then i started the top1 mission 1 (or 2 or 3), after the end of intro, ofp started to load the mission and then... desktop... and access violation error in flashpoint.rpt

I tried with -nomap, and without -nomap

EDIT: the replay is working.

Outstanding work, Gaia. Great stuff seeing a replay of the missions.

Problems though:

1) Mission 03, if I play the part of the helo pilot, and I fly in an east by northeast direction, I get "KIA". I'm guessing you've a trigger in place, forcing the player to fly only due north?

2) The menus with the list of events and units: I think a majority of the time, it's just not viewable even against the white background of the map. The colors of the fonts and the color of the highlight just blurs it all out.

Any chance there'll be a version of OPERA which will playback in 1-second increments, or is that something we can edit?

Great work overall. notworthy.gifyay.gif

Hey, this software looks impressive if just for a replay feature -wish I could get it to work. Finally got rid of error mssgs., and can play the missions in single-player, but nothing happens after I play a mission, it just asks if I want to restart or continue, so I'm not really seeing the utility at all. I've d/l'ed Opera,fwatch, and top1, both which show up in game logic but thats about it.

Tried all read me files, could understand everything as far as installation, anything after that-lost.

Very nice, great stuff. impresive. The equivalent for Observer3...

Dunno equivalent is English tho...

Quote[/b] ]

but nothing happens after I play a mission, it just asks if I want to restart or continue, so I'm not really seeing the utility at all.

Play the mission and check if there's any .top file created in the mdb folder of the fwatch folder.

If so, open the editor and run the !TOP1_OPERA.abel mission in the intro section of the editor.

Then type the ID (for example 01) in the dialog and the replay will be loaded.

Btw, from the readme :

Quote[/b] ]

- OFP crashes if you're using -nomap parameter on Windows 2000 or lower

No it doesn't... I use Win 2000

Very nice, great stuff. impresive. The equivalent for Observer3...

Dunno equivalent is English tho...

Quote[/b] ]

but nothing happens after I play a mission, it just asks if I want to restart or continue, so I'm not really seeing the utility at all.

Play the mission and check if there's any .top file created in the mdb folder of the fwatch folder.

If so, open the editor and run the !TOP1_OPERA.abel mission in the intro section of the editor.

Then type the ID (for example 01) in the dialog and the replay will be loaded.

Btw, from the readme :

Quote[/b] ]

- OFP crashes if you're using -nomap parameter on Windows 2000 or lower

No it doesn't... I use Win 2000

Gave that a shot but no luck.

Init- Loadfile ":infoversion01" -nope

":infoversion110110" -uh-uh. Thats the code i Got on the Top1 pre-mission screen.

So will it always be necessary to sign-off OFP to have to go to the MDB folder? I thought this utility was usable while playing. I must have a file in the wrong spot or something, it just doesn't feel like the whole program is installed.

Ok- I got Opera to work by putting it in vanilla/missions folder rather than mission editor. Looks pretty cool, although I thought it was real-time 3d replay, so a little dissapointed.

this is great. Every once in a while something comes out that changes flashpoint forever and this in one of them.

3D replay wow_o.gif

That would be magic.

Quote[/b] ]

So will it always be necessary to sign-off OFP to have to go to the MDB folder?

What do you mean by sign-off?

You have to leave the mission to watch the replay in the editor.

Replays are automatically saved in that mdb folder, there's always one with the results and another with the events.

It's all in the readme btw.

I'm suprised by the movements the AI makes to get me smile_o.gif

Five men keep me busy from one side while one dude leaves the group, get around me and kills me with a grenade.:p