Sign in to follow this  
marekmodel

Wrzesien 1939

I am very pleased with how much is done so far on this alpha release. The progress can be seen especially in the Polish men and weapons. They look very good, especially for alphas.

thumbs-up.gif

Hi , i just tested the mod... it looks very promising.

I noticed that the polish unit classes were written in polish language. I'm sure it's ok for those who are polish , but i dont understand it. So i think this will be fixed in the future releases?

And i got 1 question too.

Are you guys planning to make some Polish cavalry? Including the Hussars with spears.

Its good mod for alpha stage.

yay.gif

Are you guys planning to make some Polish cavalry? Including the Hussars with spears.

"Hussars with spears"? I hope that you were kidding crazy_o.gif

If remeber right Polish cavalry charged German tanks.

Oh! You've been there when it happend? icon_rolleyes.gif

Actually only sixteen cavalry charges took place during the whole campaign and none of them were directed against tanks. It's just a "urban myth"

Yup alderous is right , its only a myth .

Info about polish cavalry.

But it would been nice to see some polish cav equipped with sabres/lances or rifles. Although the horses in Ofp aint so realistic.

@alderous I never said that i had been there, that's logical you idiot, i made a mistake about the polish charging tanks, big deal.

Never heard about irony?

BTW I guess that calling other people "idiot" makes you feel intelligent?

Hey we all make mistakes, sorry for callin you an idiot but you did'nt have to be sarcastic. Let's just call it quits?

Would the mod team like me to mirror this on OFPFiles?

There will be cavalry in w39, we are working on it. But no any lances or sabres, cavalry was fighting as infantry, and horses was used for fast moves.

hussars (husaria in polish) was in xvii century. They had longer lances than infantry, and therefore their charges had "atomic power". Batlle of Kircholm 1605: 3800 polish soldiers vs 14000 swedish. Charge of 300 hussars wiped out swedish army in 20 minutes.

Husars (huzarzy in polish) was the different units, used generaly on he west of europe in the same time.

That's good to hear that there will be cavalry, the Wolka Weglowa battle instantly comes into mind.

Quote[/b] ]But it would been nice to see some polish cav equipped with sabres/lances or rifles. Although the horses in Ofp aint so realistic.

You mean, like these ?

14pollanjr1.jpg

OFFTOPIC: Nice pics ProfT did u released those in 1 of ur packs or are those just a WIP pics?

@Rainbow

That flag looks like the real flag of poland.

I aint sure about it but to me it looks real...

So u mean that the colors in the game are turned or what? wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]OFFTOPIC: Nice pics ProfT did u released those in 1 of ur packs or are those just a WIP pics?

OFFTOPIC ANSWER (sorry guys) : they are released, and the attack with spear or sword on horse does work pretty well. Along with some Vistula Legion soldiers, and some Warsaw Duchy ones during Russia retreat. But back to this topic...

The picture shows the 1 Pulk Szwolezerów Gwardii (I Régiment de chevau-légers (polonais) de la Garde Impériale raised 1807. Biggest battles: Somosierra, Wagram, Borodino, Berezyna, Lipsk, Hanau, Waterloo.

25.10.1812 in battle of Horodnia Kozietulski's squadron saved Napoleon from become POW or death.

thumbs-up.gif

Now iam waiting for another mirror,cuz crapid sharee pretty sux for me mad_o.gif