Sign in to follow this  
rübe

Island Camp

Hi there

after at least a year of OFP-abstinence, I'm back to warm up for Arma. smile_o.gif So this is not my first mission (not at all.. I did several other SP and MP Mission.. hehe)

Description/Requirements:

Type: Single Player

Island: Nogova

Language: English only

Required Version: 1.91

Required Addon: None except: OFPN EU 1.02 by James "Gunslinger" Wohlever (Operation Flashpoint Network Editor Update 1.02, Filename: EditorUpgrade102.pbo)

Your Objective: You play the role of an american officer beeing sent to a lovley island to get some rest, far away from those damn russians. All you have to do is relax and "take a nap", hehe. Then war catches up with you yay.gif and the mission turns into a "defend your camp/island mission" with 5 positions to hold (two outposts, two camps and an improvised airport/harbour). Will you be able to crush the russians or if things go worse, will you be able to escape?

Special:

- Own music for intro/outro

- Skirling soldiers while they relax whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif (real voice, in fact its me skirling a song, but multiple soldiers will skirl together hehe)

- Some time-skipping effect while a cutscene to simulate the token nap (oops and suddenly the tide is out)

- Papa Bears voice is done with FLs Speech Synthisizer and some effects..

- Dynamic attack-waves (random tanks or - worse - helicopters, hehe) So this mission is sometimes easiers sometimes harder.

Remarks: Since you first have to take a nap, before the war begins, you have time to prepare for the russian assault. This means you can play it the hard way (without preparation notworthy.gif ) or the easy way (with a lot of mines and stuff pistols.gif )

Download: IslandCamp.Noe.zip (2.22 mb)

Hope you like it.

best regards,

rübe & luki

If it's a joke, it's a good one. biggrin_o.gif

I started the mission and when I see that nothing was happening I put the 4x time accelarator and live it for about 10 minutes like that. And guess what? Nothing ever happend.

You just got me my friend confused_o.gif

Cheers

Quote[/b] ]If it's a joke, it's a good one. biggrin_o.gif

icon_rolleyes.giftounge2.gif

No, its no joke and your first objective shouldn't be that hard. (didn't you listen to papa bear? Relax baby! hehe) All you have to do is "take a nap". There are two locations where other soldiers are "hagging out" near a burning fire.

Once you're there, you get a new Action called "TAKE A NAP" in your Action Menu... The area where this action is activated is relativly large - the island very small, so you should find it in no time.. smile_o.gif

Hope you'll try again.

Thanks for your feedback and best regards,

rübe & luki

I just get a splash in the ocean!!!!

GAME OVER

Do you have OFP Resistance Mike? Sounds like you don't have the island that comes with it (Nogova).

Oh... the mission starts at sea, probably a problem with the editor update.

Required Addon: None except: OFPN EU 1.02 by James "Gunslinger" Wohlever (Operation Flashpoint Network Editor Update 1.02, Filename: EditorUpgrade102.pbo)

tounge2.gif

There are no costs, except the monthly cost

again; tounge2.gif

Sounds good wink_o.gif

JW

smile_o.gif

Played this before. Quite nice skirmish with insane amount and type(armour) of units for that tiny island. Great entertainment.  smile_o.gif

That skirling ,,, a masterpiece dude!  tounge2.gif  Those soldiers are a real disco pussies.

Hey, nice work.

after all these years, i never knew those little islands existed on nogova! I managed to survive, somehow only losing 3 of my men! I ended up shooting down the hind from a damaged t72 : )

Suggestions/Observations :

- when you arrive on the island, make it more obvious that the player has to go up the hill before napping. It was not clear that there is another camp from the landing site. maybe the pilot or another passenger could get off the helicopter and walk up the hill?

- when the russians start attacking, do an autosave.

- let the player know where his men are when they join his group!

- the russians spend a lot of time being sniper bait before actually starting to cross the sand.

- there seemed to be an unusually high number of russian officers in the attack, about 1 in 4?

Cheers : )