Sign in to follow this  
hardrock

Eurofighter Typhoon beta

I haven't downloaded this beauty yet but I just read all the weapons ACES includes and... WOW inlove.gifyay.gif

Any chance you can explain more on the types of missles, bombs and fuel from the readme?

The names of the weapons use the international designations. ACES_AIM9L for example is the Aim-9 Sidewinder L variant.

Check out this link from wikipedia to receive information about the different weapons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_missiles

Most of the weapons are configured only very basically, if anyone wants to work on that I appreciate it. Other than that I won't continue work on ACES for OFP.

Thanks for releasing this Hardrock. It's pretty damn good deaspite being unfinished.

Loading it up with 228 Hydra rockets is a lot of fun. biggrin_o.gif

I can't drop bombs from it though. Is this one of the bugs that need fixing or are there some special requirements to allow bombing runs: altitude, laser designator etc?

Same here... No bomb drops.

Does ACES have Storm Shadow?

was planned, but nope.

This may help people as I have tried to stay true as possible to RAF loadouts.

EDIT: See newer post.

Tankie - The closest current match to Storm Shadow in ACES is probably the AIM154.

HR - Good to see the EF (finally smile_o.gif )

Thanks FM I will update my post. ACES_AGM154A, ACES_AGM154B or ACES_AGM154C ?

I think the AGM-154C's most like Storm Shadow, both are for attacking hardened targets IIRC. A and B carry sub-munitions.

btw, "BWMOD_FUEL" doesn't work, it should be "BWMOD_EF_FUEL"

Finally. smile_o.gif

I'll say. This has to be a single addon with the longest development time in the history of OFP. Prior to it's release I considered it on par with duke nukem forever. Regardles, good job and thanks for the release... finally. smile_o.gif

here is an updated ACES version including the latest version of the weapons. Some of them were made by Beedee. I also added a short list with information concerning those weapons.

ftp #1

ftp #2

Can you tell us as to what in ACES has been updated please.

Is anyone working to finish the Typhoon?

Any news of a RAF skin?

3sqntyphoonf2.gif

Typhoon F2 in 3 Squadron markings

Thanks, of course it should be BWMOD_EF_FUEL and not BWMOD_FUEL! crazy_o.gif

@tankieboy: Your script calls can't be quite correct, since the fuel tanks will be mounted on the 4 inner slots. Here's a more accurate drawing of how the slots are filled:

ef_payload.gif

I hope it is clearer now.

i added a text file that sums the complete collection of ACES weaponry. but if you want to know what's in before you download, here is a quick preview.

weapons added :

- aim54a/c (US AA missile "phoenix")

- aim9p/x (US AA missile "sidewinder" INCOMPLETE)

- barax (French ECM pod NOT FUNCTIONAL)

- gvozdika (Russian ECM pod INCOMPLETE)

- matra F4 (French unguided rocket launching pod)

- ofab100_4 (Four Russian freefall bombs)

- omul (Russian ECM pod NOT FUNCTIONAL)

- phimat (French chaff/flare dispenser NOT FUNCTIONAL made by BeeDee

- python IV (Israeli AA missile)

- S-5 (Russian unguided rocket)

- S-8bm/kom (Russian unguided rockets)

- super530 (French AA missile) made by BeeDee

- t1300l (French fuel tank INCOMPLETE) made by BeeDee

- ub32m57 (Russian launching pod for S-5 unguided rockets)

weapons modified :

- am39 (French AS missile "Exocet")

- as30l (French Laser guided AG missile)

- b8m1 (Russian launching pod for S-8 unguided rockets)

- kab500l (Russian LGB)

- kh25ml/mp (Russian Laser guided/Anti-radiation AG missile)

- kh29l/t (Russian Laser/Television guided AG missile)

- ofab100 (Russian freefall bomb)

In the config files :

- all those weapons are declared and configured with BeeDee's values

Thanks, of course it should be BWMOD_EF_FUEL and not BWMOD_FUEL! crazy_o.gif

@tankieboy: Your script calls can't be quite correct, since the fuel tanks will be mounted on the 4 inner slots. Here's a more accurate drawing of how the slots are filled:

ef_payload.gif

I hope it is clearer now.

Thanks mate.

I have changed the Air Interdiction version to;

[this, "ACES_AIM120", "ACES_FUEL340", "ACES_AGM154C", "ACES_ALARM", "ACES_AIM9L"] exec "\aces\scr\aces_payload.sqs"

I have no real idea as you can see of how its laid out IRL, just a guess.

@kikill, any plans to add Storm Shadow, Paveway II Laser Guided Bomb, Paveway III Laser Guided Bomb, Cluster Bombs

BL755/IBL755/RBL755 to ACES? [Maybe I have missed them by name in the list.]

Anyone know what the RAF Typhoon loadout for Counter-Air (CA), better described by it's more common title of 'Air Defense' is?

The typical position of fuel tanks is slot 3, I suggest to use BWMOD_EF_FUEL there as it fits perfectly.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[this, "ACES_AIM120", "ACES_AGM154C", "BWMOD_EF_FUEL", "ACES_ALARM", "ACES_AIM9L"] exec "\aces\scr\aces_payload.sqs"

would be it then.

Anyone know what the RAF Typhoon loadout for Counter-Air (CA), better described by it's more common title of 'Air Defense' is?

eurofighter.com quotes the Air Superiority loadout as

6 x BVRAAM

6 x ASRAAM

2 x 1500 litre fuel tank

1 x 1000 litre fuel tank

as.gif

[this, "ACES_METEOR", "ACES_METEOR", "BWMOD_EF_FUEL", "ACES_AIM132x2", "ACES_AIM132"] exec "\aces\scr\aces_payload.sqs"

Though Meteor isn't currently in service, so I'd go for MRAAMs rather than BVRAAMs (i.e "ACES_AIM120" rather than "ACES_METEOR").

Try using "BWMOD_EF_FUEL" instead of "ACES_FUEL340" on the other loadouts too mate. It's a Eurofighter specific tank rather than the generic one; looks better.

Have a gander at http://www.eurofighter.com/Typhoon/SwingRole/ "Mission Configuration" for various suggested loadouts too. Though they don't appear to be nation specific.

Thanks guys yay.gif

New layouts...

Counter-Air

6 BVRAAM

6 ASRAAM

2 1500 liter fuel tank

1 1000 liter fuel tank

[this, "ACES_AIM120", "ACES_AIM120", "BWMOD_EF_FUEL", "ACES_AIM132x2", "ACES_AIM132"] exec "\aces\scr\aces_payload.sqs"

Counter-Air 2

[this, "ACES_METEOR", "ACES_METEOR", "BWMOD_EF_FUEL", "ACES_AIM132x2", "ACES_AIM132"] exec "\aces\scr\aces_payload.sqs"

Air Interdiction

2 Storm Shadow

2 ALARM

4 AMRAAM

2 ASRAAM

2 1,500 litre fuel tank

1 1,000 litre fuel tank

[this, "ACES_AIM120", "ACES_AGM154C", "BWMOD_EF_FUEL", "ACES_ALARM", "ACES_AIM9L"] exec "\aces\scr\aces_payload.sqs"

Air Interdiction 2

[this, "ACES_METEOR", "ACES_AGM154C", "BWMOD_EF_FUEL", "ACES_ALARM", "ACES_AIM9L"] exec "\aces\scr\aces_payload.sqs"

Close Air Support

18 Brimstone

4 AMRAAM

2 ASRAAM

1 1,000 litre fuel tank

[this, "ACES_AIM120", "ACES_BRIMSTONEx3", "ACES_BRIMSTONEx3", "ACES_BRIMSTONEx3", "ACES_AIM9L"] exec "\aces\scr\aces_payload.sqs"

SEAD

6 ALARM

4 AMRAAM

2 ASRAAM

1 1,000 litre fuel tank

[this, "ACES_AIM120", "ACES_ALARM", "ACES_ALARM", "ACES_ALARM", "ACES_AIM9L"] exec "\aces\scr\aces_payload.sqs"

Maritime Attack

4 Penguin

4 AMRAAM

2 ASRAAM

2 1,500 litre fuel tank

1 1,000 litre fuel tank

[this, "ACES_AIM120", "ACES_AGM119", "BWMOD_EF_FUEL", "ACES_AGM119", "ACES_AIM9L"] exec "\aces\scr\aces_payload.sqs"

Edit: SEAD Updated

Sorry, but i put ACE.pbo file into res/addon folder but in Editor i have no Logic -> ACES_LOGIC!

Where can i find it?

Thank You

You have to place a normal logic and give it the name "ACES_LOGIC".

Hello, very nice plain notworthy.gif but i have 2 problems:

1. my english it's no good... banghead.gif

2. big problems: i don't see my weapon in 3D.

i creat description.ext file and insert this line on top (#include <ACES\dlg\acesBaseDlg.hpp>), but where insert "ACES_LOGIC"?

where is the problem?

pleas, help my... biggrin_o.gif

p.s. if i isnsert line ([this, "ACES_AIM120", "ACES_AIM120", "ACES_ALARM", "ACES_AIM132x2", ["ACES_AIM132", "ACES_AIM9L"]] exec "\aces\scr\aces_payload.sqs) from redme fail, my plain dont working... workin if i insert line from tankieboy post...

eads