Sign in to follow this  
.kju

WarGames League v.5 (WGL 5) Full Release

Any possibility of adding technicals to next version of WGL? I haven't tried it, but apparently DMA TOYOTA WARS has some sort of script to be able to shoot out the back of it.

How did you guys remove the 'PING' sound, whenever someone is joining server, or a hint message appears etc. etc. I can't seem to find this damn sound part in ofp config smile_o.gif

How did you guys remove the 'PING' sound, whenever someone is joining server, or a hint message appears etc. etc. I can't seem to find this damn sound part in ofp config smile_o.gif

@wgl5\bin\config.cpp, inside of class CfgInGameUI, there are, among other things, the two classes Hint and Chat. Take a peek there wink_o.gif

@wgl5\bin\config.cpp, inside of class CfgInGameUI, there are, among other things, the two classes Hint and Chat. Take a peek there wink_o.gif

Thank you very much!!

class CfgInGameUI... I was checking CfgSounds...yukk, thanks!!

Haha, although this may be rather off-topic, I'd like to share a little story with you. Yesterday I was withdrawing some money at an ATM, and the keypad sound was EXACTLY the same as the infamous OFP 'ping!'. The first thing I thought when I heard it was "what?? but I'm not playing OFP right now!". rofl.gif

Which values did you guys edit to change the AI engagement ranges and hearing/seeying ranges?

I found:

sensitivity =

sensitivityEar =

but these dont seem to be changed in the basic units. Any others?

Haha, although this may be rather off-topic, I'd like to share a little story with you. Yesterday I was withdrawing some money at an ATM, and the keypad sound was EXACTLY the same as the infamous OFP 'ping!'. The first thing I thought when I heard it was "what?? but I'm not playing OFP right now!". rofl.gif

lol

I wonder if it is okay to have addons in the "addons" folder in the "@wgl5" folder? I mean: for example "wgl-samakhills", and other addons which is wgl's or addons which I am only going to use in WGL mod, can I then place them in WGL addons folder? since if I'm placing addons in the original OFP addons folder, you get more lag then if you placed them in the WGL mod folder? Since I will try to reduce lag as much as possible, so is it true that you get less lag if you place addons, which you are only going to use in WGL mod, in the WGL'S addon folder?

Thanks.

Quote[/b] ]I agree with a limitation though since we cannot implement what happens in real life, but all I am saying is to find a limitation that is the most realistic one possible, as well as balancing. Forcing the Mi-24 to have to do dangerous ground attacks instead of hovering is what should be done for balancing.

what you have to realize is that WGL5 is a mod, and as such is put together a lot more haphazardly than you probably think.  there's no dedicated technical consultant working behind the scenes, we just look up information on the internet and try to adjust OFP values to reflect the information found.

if you find something unrealistic, post it as a bug in the WGL forums, because thats probably what it is: unintentional.  only a few key variables have been consciously kept at certain unrealistic values for purposes of overall realism.

also, people need to realize that WGL shoots solely for overall realism.  i wish Q would stop using the words "balance" and "gameplay" because they are too closely associated with games like Counterstrike and Warcraft, where the decisions made have no basis in reality.  when WGL changes a value, it is not to make the mod more "fair", or more "fun", but more _realistic_.  it just so happens that by doing so the mod also tends to become more fair and more fun.

I wonder if it is okay to have addons in the "addons" folder in the "@wgl5" folder? I mean: for example "wgl-samakhills", and other addons which is wgl's or addons which I am only going to use in WGL mod, can I then place them in WGL addons folder?
Yes, that's perfectly fine to do.

Thanks a lot Killswitch! While on that, I wonder if you get less lag in Original OFP, and hopefully on MODS if you place all non-original adddons in a seperate folder, not in the original addon folder?

Like: 20 addons found on the net, placing them in a new folder, not in the addon folder, and make the necessary script in the target line on a shortcut to make the folder used in OFP.

Will you get less lag by doing the thing above, or is it no difference?

Thank You.

Kind Regards.

Stuntman.

well one should try to load the addons actually required for play.

like dont load 100 islands at the same time.

apart from that it should matter where to place the addons.

The partisan is a great campaign. I think I'll go play it right now!!

Ahh...the memories of the first time I played it....one of the first DYNAMIC campign....wonderfull... inlove.gif

dont miss to check out TacRod's Combined Arms Engine - its basicly a dynamic campaign too - with the ability to control several squads thumbs-up.gif

it does feature saving via the SoW system as well!

also check our forum wink_o.gif

Absolutely love WGL- especially with new dynamic missions/campaigns!

Question: I have total radio silence

What file needs to be where to hear my commands/squadmates?

thanks again for a superb gaming experience!

you are welcome mate  smile_o.gif

check the WGL wiki about Config_Base system.

in short:

~ go to @wgl5\bin

~ open config_base.hpp with a texteditor

~ remove the two slashes from that line

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//#define ENABLE_AI_VOICES

to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define ENABLE_AI_VOICES

done  smile_o.gif

ps: the change was made to make AI react instantly to a commander's orders.

I've just had to re-install OFP and now I can't load the WGL mod. Here is what I've done.

1. Clean install of OFP v1,96

2. Installed contents of wgl5_2006-06-18.rar

3. Installed contents of wgl_islandpack.rar

4. Installed both Samak Hills & Gaia

5. changed models_base.hpp to use DMA units & added needed .pbos

6. Hid BIS vehicles in config_base.hpp

7. Enabled Grey GUI

That's it... It results in 2 errors, 1 when I first click on the wgl icon that says no entry 'config.bin.CfgAddons' and 1 at the default v1.96 main menu that says... nah bugger typing that, here's an image...

errorhh7.jpg

I have played WGL many times but have no idea what I've done wrong. mad_o.gif

ok guys there is a new pbo for wgl coming from UA 1.1. Whats it going to do for us? Any info on changes to the wgl mortar system. Do we get new rounds etc.

No, the pbo just takes the WGL mortar models and makes them work like UA artillery units. It doesn't affect WGL in any particular way.

@C4P741N:

hm - modfolder name is "@wgl5" ?

well apart from that you could send me your complete BIN folders (upload to yousendit and pm me the link).

also try to keep it simple - only load WGL5 without the rest - return to WGL5 stock models and see if it works.

then one step after another.

Thanks for the suggestion Q, as it turns out I hadn't renamed the @wgl5 mod folder but for some reason I had renamed the @wgl_islandpack folder, problem solved. Note to self "don't f#%k with a mod teams naming conventions" wink_o.gif

I've skimmed through 30 pages of this thread, hope i havent missed anything that answers my question, but forgive me if i have - 30 pages is alot

Anyway, really love WGL, AI that actually fire back at you from long ranges! And of course everything else wink_o.gif However, whilst i'd love to use it in VCB, to be worthwhile i'd have to make it all happen for the kit we use, too.

So i'm wondering, for example, how difficult it is to add additional types of OPFOR into WGL. I mean, for example, we could use it as is, but when it comes to a desert mission, there are no Jihadis to be put down, only ruskies, which obviously arent always appropriate....could the Middle Eastern Rebels be added onto Redfor/Resistance? I guess you'd have to do alot of config work to change the weapons, then add the classes into the WGL config, ect

crazy_o.gif