Sign in to follow this  
.kju

WarGames League v.5 (WGL 5) Full Release

The mission in the Terror on Malden campaign does that automatically. I remember because I'm playing through it with FFUR at the moment, the non-WGL version, and I got the same error. It's with the campaign, not WGL  smile_o.gif

Ah ok. :| Slightly weird really. :/

Algrab, what is the difference between playing the stock version with WGL and playing the WGL version? I figured the units wouldn't have been modified and there'd be more bugs.

Q, the details are just that. With the WGL CWC campaign, Col. Blake talks to me every other mission after training and rants me out. After that happens 3 times, you fail the campaign.

tnx for that link Shinbusan

thanks to those pictures (cant read polish) i can hit stationary targets at 400m with almost all of the at weapons and moveing targets with 200m.

hope they translate it to english cause i am guesing they explain how to hit moveing targets in the text.

The Unknown

Well I been unable to make my own base models work, so

im going to ask for public's help in this one, i wanted to use

my two favorite addons:

chechen terrorists for resistance side

http://www.flashpoint.ru/addons/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=457

lobo terrorists for west side

ftp://www.gamepark.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/LoBo_Arab_Pack.rar

sucheys marines for east, well i was using the dma naval pack..

Can anyone out there help with this, I know you just have to change the

class models of the infantry sides in the base models config but

somehow i can't make it work, so please help, thanks everyone.

@coderdfox:

overall or do you mean the AI has problems with the LGBs ?

I did some test and it always misses. This is with and with out AI. allthough a human player can get it more on target with a dive.

@mark82101

sorry not right now.

@Cooked Auto

sorry mate. just skip the mission (with ofp cheats).

i think you can understand that we have priorities and limited time too.

@deathsai

again sorry to hear that buddy.

as i said it worked fine for me twice and i guess for (most) others as well as you are the first one to note that issue.

are you playing with unmodified wgl5 without any other addons / changes ?

did you try to skip a few missions or to start in between with ofp cheats ?

@rheydrich / all anonymous guys at our forum

you dont have to register there to post yes, but you can still add your name there - to know who are talking too helps a lot.

@coderdfox

you try to be a bit more descriptive (screens maybe ?)

like i guess your statement is based on the way you target / use them - fraps/gamecam for easy recording small vids.

you know its hard to get the problem with such a vague statement.

keep it comming smile_o.gif

Here's a list of bugs we've found:

-40mm Smoke Shells aren't multiplayer friendly. They only show up for the person firing them, all other players can not see it. Although it's already been mentioned I'll go ahead and do it again, when throwing smoke shells the smoke goes normal for the player who threw it, but all other players see the smoke at the exact location of the player throwing the smoke.

-Spet Natz medic has regular uniform and not a spet natz uniform

-I haven't narrowed this one down exactly yet, but when removing a ruck magazine and adding a ruck satchel through scripting I am sometimes unable to reload the ruck satchel in order to use it.

This isn't a bug, but more my needing some help. I'm having difficulties with the mortars. Here's what I've done so far. I've added a WGL Gamelogic for Enable Mortars and put it outside the AO. I've added mortar carrying soldiers and a manned mortar hummer next to the game logic. I've placed an empty mortar hummer in the AO and a few mortar soldiers (same number as placed around the game logic. I don't receive any errors, but when I place the tube on the base the whole thing disappears. Any ideas on what I've forgotten? I've also put the include statement in description.ext for the wglmortar hpp.

-40mm Smoke Shells aren't multiplayer friendly. They only show up for the person firing them, all other players can not see it. Although it's already been mentioned I'll go ahead and do it again, when throwing smoke shells the smoke goes normal for the player who threw it, but all other players see the smoke at the exact location of the player throwing the smoke.
Yep, two unfortunate issues and both fixed internally. Patch...sometime in the future. smile_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]-Spet Natz medic has regular uniform and not a spet natz uniform
Ok, that needs attention!
Quote[/b] ]-I haven't narrowed this one down exactly yet, but when removing a ruck magazine and adding a ruck satchel through scripting I am sometimes unable to reload the ruck satchel in order to use it.
Never seen that one...except... keep in mind that the radios can't carry all kinds of rucksack pouches. The satchel charges are one such kind of thing they can't carry. The radios can not carry/use the following:

<ul>[*] Satchels

[*] Mines and claymores

[*] IED:s

[*] Anti-tank and anti-air rounds (Carl Gustav, RPG-22, RPG-7/7V, Stingers, Strelas)

[*] Heavy machine gun ammo boxes (M2/NSV/AGS-17)

[*] Mortar rounds (60/81/82 mm)

Quote[/b] ]This isn't a bug, but more my needing some help. I'm having difficulties with the mortars. Here's what I've done so far. I've added a WGL Gamelogic for Enable Mortars and put it outside the AO. I've added mortar carrying soldiers and a manned mortar hummer next to the game logic. I've placed an empty mortar hummer in the AO and a few mortar soldiers (same number as placed around the game logic. I don't receive any errors, but when I place the tube on the base the whole thing disappears. Any ideas on what I've forgotten?
Well, you are close, but have mixed up a few things. Carefully revisit this page

In some remote area far away, but still on land (ie not in the water), place this:

<ul>[*] A gamelogic "Enable WGL mortars"

[*] Manned mortars near that game logic. Place as many there as you intend to be available for players during the mission.

In the play area, place this:

<ul>[*] Mortar soldiers carrying baseplates and tubes

[*] Mortar carrier vehicles (eg certain Hummers)

If you have two playable M224 teams and one M29 81 mm mortar-carrying Humvee in the "play area", you need to place three manned west mortars near that game logic - two M224 60 mm mortars and one M29, 81 mm mortar.

Remember: the mortars you place near the game logic represent the assembled mortar kits your players are carrying around or are keeping in the Humvee.

Quote[/b] ] I've also put the include statement in description.ext for the wglmortar hpp.
While that still works just fine, it is no longer needed. Nowadays, the neccessary mortar dialog resources are integrated into WGL5.

-Choppers change weapon from rockets to gun when you pass the limit for missiles.

-Sometimes you can't use the compass or watch until you change weapon or use binocular. Sometimes you can use them when you are facing a certain direction, for example between west and north. I think this bug was in the older versions too.

-Sometimes you can't use the compass or watch until you change weapon or use binocular. Sometimes you can use them when you are facing a certain direction, for example between west and north. I think this bug was in the older versions too.

I've seen this happen without WGL loaded so I don't think it's a WGL issue. It was with another add-on compass though.

It's an issue in the wgl compass config, wgl compass model or wgl config. Whichever way it's an issue in a part of wgl, therefore a wgl issue. It doesn't happen in vanilla ofp or mods that use default compass (not to me anyway).

Some bugs found by CFOG

1. mortar 82mm (EAST) do not use properly WP ammunition. When it is loaded by player, it works, when by AI it gives

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">deploy cm error:

<NULL-object> not in units

2. If you set MON200 or IED and shot it, it will explode with some part of strenght. But it will reappear in your inventory if you are a class with such mine/IED! If you haven't in your class equipment, then after shot it explode with just part of strenght and disapear (model(, but it can be still taken or blown.

3. No textures of wore elements of nsv gun. (i translate it, but i do not know what it means exactly).

thanks for reporting Shinbusan !

3 is fixed already.

we will look into the other two.

Quote[/b] ]Choppers change weapon from rockets to gun when you pass the limit for missiles.

this is due to the implementation.

i am not sure if there is another way in ofp.

I've finally got the WGL port of Pilot Down to a state where I'm ready to release it. I have started a thread in the OFP / User Missions forum on the subject.

Pilot Down Thread Link

Enjoy!

Yesterday we used this mortar in MP mission and something strange happened. Everytime we used WP ammunition it exploded in front / over mortar, just few meters away.

Heh. You know, I hear a lot of reports about these dud rounds. It's been a while, but I think that if you don't first set the mortar at an azimuth and elevation (and press target), when you fire a round, you get a nasty misfire.

First of all, i'd like to congratulate WGL team for its great work that makes me play again with "modern stuff" for OFP. xmas_o.gif

Secondly, i've got some freezing problems from time to time playing WGL adapated campaigns (ULOTC and PMC fury), which force me to reboot...i've checked everything and everything seems ok...never happen with other mods, so that's quite strange. Maybe - I hope so ... crazy_o.gif - someone else got that kind of problem ?

I do encouter sort like errors, playing with WGL. Since I play WGL I get blue-screen errors. Most of the time it happens when my pc runs out of memory or something, but it neverhappend with ecp or FFUR, I only get ctd's when pc seems to be out of memory.

But it sometimes happens just randomly. Don't know how and what. But I'm going to clean my entire notebook this summer, get a clean install of XP on it and only have ofp+wgl on it and go and try to get an blue-screen. Hope it's something on my pc and not in WGL. Can't fix that myself :P

@coderdfox

you try to be a bit more descriptive (screens maybe ?)

like i guess your statement is based on the way you target / use them - fraps/gamecam for easy recording small vids.

you know its hard to get the problem with such a vague statement.

keep it comming smile_o.gif

Sure, I cant set up a pic or video this sec, but let me be more discriptive.

"Lazer des guy" targets a tank with a lazer, A10 comes in for an attack with a LGB, after the A10 drops the LGB it will always miss the lazer target by 50-100 feet or so.

Some bugs found by CFOG

1. mortar 82mm (EAST) do not use properly WP ammunition. When it is loaded by player, it works, when by AI it gives

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">deploy cm error:

<NULL-object> not in units

Bug found and <span style='color:green'>fixed</span>!
Quote[/b] ]2. If you set MON200 or IED and shot it, it will explode with some part of strenght. But it will reappear in your inventory if you are a class with such mine/IED! If you haven't in your class equipment, then after shot it explode with just part of strenght and disapear (model(, but it can be still taken or blown.
Found and <span style='color:green'>fixed</span>!
Quote[/b] ]3. No textures of wore elements of nsv gun. (i translate it, but i do not know what it means exactly).
If that means the untextured (white) NSV machine gun parts that soldiers can carry, it's been <span style='color:green'>fixed</span>.
Quote[/b] ]Yesterday we used this mortar in MP mission and something strange happened. Everytime we used WP ammunition it exploded in front / over mortar, just few meters away.
What Dinger said - you'll have to aim it (set both azimuth and elevation) before firing.

If you had done that, then perhaps it's because someone stood in the way of the mortar round. I've done that a few times - I was too close to the mortar tube when firing it. BOOM! Ouch! biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the reports, Shinbusan. Keep them coming!

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]2. If you set MON200 or IED and shot it, it will explode with some part of strenght. But it will reappear in your inventory if you are a class with such mine/IED! If you haven't in your class equipment, then after shot it explode with just part of strenght and disapear (model(, but it can be still taken or blown.

I can't reproduce this error. Can you describe the exact steps and units used to recreate this? Make a test mission for yourself where you can reproduce this issue.

(I can place MON200:s and IED:s just fine and when they blow up, they are gone)

It's somehow connected with other addons. I've got that bug when I've used WGL and DMA Lean mod simultaneously (-mod=@wgl5;@DMALEAN in shortcut). Although I've heard form the person who has noticed that first, that he doesn't use DMA Lean, so I don't know what is the real reason.

DMA Lean in combination with WGL create odd results (at least in my case). For example I have BIS binoculars instead of WGL ones. There are also some error messages about missing addons when I try to load MP missions.

WGL5 has leaning and rolling animations by default. I think they are DMA's since there's dma_lean.pbo and dmapistolean.pbo in the wgl addons directory. There's locke_anims.pbo too though.

WGL5 has leaning and rolling animations by default. I think they are DMA's since there's dma_lean.pbo and dmapistolean.pbo in the wgl addons directory. There's locke_anims.pbo too though.

Funny. I didn't notice that biggrin_o.gif But nevertheless in my opinion that MON-200 issue it's not a bug in WGL, but some kind of incompatibility with other addon.

Quote[/b] ]There's locke_anims.pbo too though.

Its still in there as we use his custom M2GunnerDying animation if i remember correctly. smile_o.gif

@paragraphic

do you use nomap command or not?

@coderdfox

allright. i got ya now. i will look at the configs and do some testing myself. thanks!

@ProfTournesol

sorry to hear that !

does it happen always in the same situation/mission - all the time?