Sign in to follow this  
.kju

WarGames League v.5 (WGL 5) Full Release

well i meant today whistle.gif

Me neither, thought they were no hardmounted machineguns for the Russian side?

WGL MOD IS SO MUCH FUN.

Question looking for good singleplayer missions to play with this mod, other than the converted BIS ones...can somebody point me in the right direction?

Some bugs:

-Wrecked cobra gives an magic error.

-Wrecked Blackhawk model rocks, but has some white ugly spots

under it.

-When AI or human player uses rucksacks, he loses some blood. this only happens when you aim directly to the ground. If you aim at an angle of 45 degrees no blood will be spilled.

Good luck ! smile_o.gif

I played this mod today with some friends, its a great mod the only bad ting we found was that we couldnt hear a tank/car from even 5m away.

I was wondering if there is a way to fix this so we can hear them again.

The Unknown

I'd wager that there is something wrong with your installation or your soundcard. I can hear everything fine.

Hey Q, thanks for the quick solution!

By the way, I think I found another bug, although you may know about it! The WGL M21 fire sound is the same as the M24, so you can hear the bolt working after each shot. Just thought I'd send that out to yah.

Speaking of which, is there any possibility we may be able to define the weapon sounds in later WGL versions, like the awesome ability we have now with the models?

Thanks again!

@Jblack: there are a few out there, but not many due to the MP nature of this MOD. ill try to find em and upload them.

@FriketMonkey: thanks for reporting !

@the unknown: maybe you mean this:

if you are inside a tank or air units, we simulate damped sense of hearing. so yes once you are inside one, you cant hear much, but outside of one as infantry they should be audiable quite well.

on a more general note. thanks to Bn880 and Jinef (from Zeus) we have very well tweak sound ranges. this means you cant hear sounds in unrealisitic distance like in default ofp.

@AgentFox2

Quote[/b] ]WGL M21 fire sound is the same as the M24

could be intentional. i dunno. do they sound the same in reality

we plan to extend this dynamic system in ArmA, but lets see what ArmA may bring.

@AgentFox2
Quote[/b] ]WGL M21 fire sound is the same as the M24

could be intentional. i dunno. do they sound the same in reality

I don't think it's intentional. You can actually hear the "action" of the bolt moving on the M24 (which you wouldn't hear in a semi-automatic rifle like the M21).

anyway, just thought I'd mention it. Thanks again.

You can actually hear the "action" of the bolt moving on the M24 (which you wouldn't hear in a semi-automatic rifle like the M21).

Second that, it's a bit curious to hear the bolt action of a semi automatic rifle after each shot.

I dunno if anybody noticed, but I hear the "cockpit action" from the helicopters from miles away, I hear the switches when the heli is airborne.

I'm not exactly sure how to use the crCTI thing. There are no instructions on how to use it that I have found anywhere.. not on the crCTI site, not on the squadengine forums, nor the WGL forum, nor the WGL wiki... not in with the file itself, and not on these forums.

edit: I think I'll try loading it as a mission.

edit: yep, it's a mission.

I still never see any smoking tank wreckage. I've played the DAC Tankwars mission on alot of the islands but no smoke?

12 or so pieces of armour destroyed inside of 1 minute of each other and none of them smoke after being disabled/destroyed. huh.gif

Pardon my newbness, but I seem to be having trouble with the mortars. I follow the instructions to have the base plate and tube assembled, but when I do, they both disappear and all I see are the mortar rounds on the ground. I pick up the rounds as I should however the mortar tube is still gone.

I made sure to add the game logic Enable WGL Mortars as well. I must be missing a step. crazy_o.gif

Pardon my newbness, but I seem to be having trouble with the mortars. I follow the instructions to have the base plate and tube assembled, but when I do, they both disappear and all I see are the mortar rounds on the ground. I pick up the rounds as I should however the mortar tube is still gone.

I made sure to add the game logic Enable WGL Mortars as well. I must be missing a step. crazy_o.gif

Yep. You forgot step 3 of "How do I set up the mortars for a mission" - you need to place a manned mortar of the same type you intend to use near that game logic.

Nvm found a way to fix it.

normaly i have my ofp sounds on someting like 6-8 cause other wise i cant hear ts anymore i put them all on 9-10 and now i can hear everyting fine.

tnx for your help

The Unknown

Ah crap, I remember reading that piece and then completely forgot about it. Thanks Killswitch.

Edit: I'm realling digging this mod. Just wanted to throw that in. biggrin_o.gif

Wow i've been really loving this mod alot. The BEST mod for an infantry fire fight ever.

Especially with the DMA Army units, is there a vehicle replacement mod which does the same thing, except using higher quality vehicles instead of the BIS ones..

Also I have a weapons replacement question. While all my automatic riflemen, use SAWs on the mp maps, in SP all my gunners use the M-60. How do i change this so that my automatic riflemen will use the saw in SP?

smile_o.gif The best mod for me, keep WGL4.12 for long time in my computer

Wow i've been really loving this mod alot. The BEST mod for an infantry fire fight ever.

Especially with the DMA Army units, is there a vehicle replacement mod which does the same thing, except using higher quality vehicles instead of the BIS ones..

Also I have a weapons replacement question. While all my automatic riflemen, use SAWs on the mp maps, in SP all my gunners use the M-60. How do i change this so that my automatic riflemen will use the saw in SP?

If you follow the "config" trail that was used to put DMA troops in, you can replace practically every unit in WGL. The problem then becomes the lag it creates for Multi-player. As stated earlier, WGL units are optimized for performance, not looks. But look at the configs and you will discover how to add vehicles. I made a config that uses Safety's Marines, Fischkopps Hmmmv's, Combat Bradleys, Homers and sigmas Tanks etc. etc. etc.

If you follow the "config" trail that was used to put DMA troops in, you can replace practically every unit in WGL. The problem then becomes the lag it creates for Multi-player. As stated earlier, WGL units are optimized for performance, not looks. But look at the configs and you will discover how to add vehicles. I made a config that uses Safety's Marines, Fischkopps Hmmmv's, Combat Bradleys, Homers and sigmas Tanks etc. etc. etc.

using different vehicle models from other people can cause "wonky shit" to happen in MP games

eg. when playing a tank mission a while back (might have even been with you gunter) someone in our tank was using a model replacement config.. our tank constantly bounced up and down making impossible to aim or even get out of the thing (due to constantly changed action menu).

i dont reccomend using a vehicle replacment config in MP games